• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you be watching?

• Of course not, I trust you Kojima!

Votes: 503 31.4%
  • I trust Kojima, but my hype is stronger!

Votes: 374 23.3%
  • "Words and deeds", Kojima. I'm obviously watching!

Votes: 727 45.3%

• Total voters

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
IN KOJIMA I TRUST!

Haven't been disappointed with a game he's made thus far and I see no reason to doubt his wack zaniness this time.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"I gave you Quiet. Trust me."

huhx2.png

Whahah!

What a strange man Kojima-San is! This dude is from another planet or has his own world made up

Still, I will not watch it and wait for the reviews.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
So it is written, so it shall be done, Lord Kojima.

In you I trust above all others, so I will not watch the entirety of the footage. I love your games so much however, that' I'll find it hard not to look at the snippets, not because I don't trust, but because I love.

Thank you, our father.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
They've already shown way too much. I hate that they need to market and sell this thing.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will it have spoilers or something? I still trust Kojima but not as much as I use to after mgs5

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I will watch it, even if I know it will be a day one purchase, just to support his first game post-Konami

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
I trust Kojima 100% and I'll be a day one player, but at the same time I'm weak and won't resist watching. I'm starving.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I trust him but all I saw at the moment is a guy walking around taking a piss, so I'm gonna watch the stream.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
Is there anyone as... eccentric as Kojima currently within the AAA game industry?

The man certainly has a way of doing things.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a new IP I don't have the urge to consume all footage like I would a Zelda, Sonic or Mario.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
I trust our lord and savior to deliver the second coming of video gaming.
But damn even Adam had a taste of the forbidden fruit 😥😥😥

maybe just a little peak, 15 mins tops 👀.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You need to earn that, Kojima . You havent , especially with MGS V

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry Kojima, after MGS 4-5, I'll be checking out the new game much much later when I find it used.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
He's literally shown nothing of this game in terms of the gameplay loop - you're batshit crazy and have blind loyalty to trust that he's created something engaging/worth playing for extended periods of time.

At least in the past you knew what type of experience you were getting but this is supposedly "so different" and a "new genre" that it'd be stupid to take him for his word

Remember the time people bought games based on covers and or word of mouth?

Calling people like me batshit crazy to have faith in someone who has directed/designed some of my all-time favourites is rather offensive.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Of course im gonna watch it, my money is to little and i havent been convinced on a day 1 buy

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
The more interesting aspect to this I think is that there must be some legitimate concern surrounding public perception of Death Stranding.
I don't feel like Kojima felt compelling to "convince" the broader gaming public about any of his prior games.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lol no, who does he think he is? I'm obviously watching to know how the game will play beyond walking simulation.

Lmao. He literally says that.

He didn't say nobody watch the footage. He said if you are undecided then the gameplay is for you.

If you already know you want it then don't watch it.

But yeah who does he think he is the monster.

This forum man

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Okay, so after the video is shown can we have another thread with a poll which asks if people who watched it are now convinced?

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Well, i wanted to watch it, but for Kojima to say that i bet it will be a spoiler fest. So im good to go straigh for the game.

I was already convinced i would enjoy the game from everething i saw before.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
He's literally shown nothing of this game in terms of the gameplay loop - you're batshit crazy and have blind loyalty to trust that he's created something engaging/worth playing for extended periods of time.

At least in the past you knew what type of experience you were getting but this is supposedly "so different" and a "new genre" that it'd be stupid to take him for his word

Every single one of his games were, at the time of release, gameplay triumphs. The secret of the Metal Gear Solid series is that it was always a paragon of cutting edge gameplay first, story second. The story just got more attention because of how crazy it was and how few games were trying that hard for story when the series started. But each entry, at release, was a gameplay revelation. This includes ZOE2, which stood king of the mountain for mech gameplay until very recently, if even it has been eclipsed at all.

So basically, the only thing I wouldn't take his word on is the story, but this is also precisely something I'd do myself a disservice on seeing of too much before playing.

Therefore, it's logical to go in blind.

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
I trust him, but I'm still gonna watch it.

I also practically went in blind for a breath of the wild, too. And that's one of my favorite games. So hopefully I forget everything by the time the game releases

closer

Oct 25, 2017
GIVE ME YOUR HAND IN

gonna peep a bit of it, I can't resist, but I understand what he means (first impressions are important!).

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Best in history lmao

No

Did it have great, responsive mechanics? Yes. It was also subpar in almost every other area - story, dialog, mission variety, pacing are all bad.
None of the things you listed are gameplay. Also it was about par for those things, because most games have bad stories, dialogue, pacing, and variety.

Jun 4, 2018
I trust him wholeheartedly, but will watch regardless! His stage shows are a blast. I've never regretted playing anything his name is even remotely attached to - in fact, every experience has been an overwhelmingly positive one.

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
One of you fine, brave people who watch should make a spoiler free discussion topic so us non-watchers can read your reactions.