• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you be watching?

• Of course not, I trust you Kojima!

Votes: 503 31.4%
  • I trust Kojima, but my hype is stronger!

Votes: 374 23.3%
  • "Words and deeds", Kojima. I'm obviously watching!

Votes: 727 45.3%

• Total voters

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably good just hearing 2nd hand impressions.

Not sure if I'm getting the game or not.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I'll give it a look. It's honestly not very encouraging that Kojima can't find a way to explain his game. He's literally asking you to buy it b/c "Kojima" is on the box. That said, I've never been interested in the metal gear games, so I don't have any level of trust built up with him. Hopefully it will be more interesting than what we saw at Gamescom.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to watch this because, so far, this game looks like it may be the most boring and dull gaming experience I've ever seen and I just cannot understand where the hype is coming from. Seems like it's all blind hype because people desperately want this game to be good. Hopefully this footage can change my mind.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
With mgsV he gave a bunch of reviewers 40h with the game and still it wasn't enough to get the whole thing ( even flaws) so I'm not concerned about 80 minutes

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I'm conflicted, because I want to go in completely blind. I trust the man!
But I don't know if I can resist the urge to watch...

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
eh, I don't have blind trust in Kojima, might watch some of the footage to maybe finally get me interested in the game.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Already pre-ordered and paid for. I never watch hour-long gameplay stuff before I play for myself anyway, I want to be surprised!

Gonna read some impressions around here though.

Better not let me down Kojima!!1

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I'm going to need to watch this. He just said the other day he wasn't sure what this game was about.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I hate kojima and how he is much of a marketing man than a real director. Sorry, but that's my opinion and don't like any of his games since MGS3.
But even though that's my feelings towards him, I really hope this game is great. I really want to play a horror game on a open world setting. No one never really did something like it.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
If he really feels this way, why not say something like "The full demo could have spoilers that affect your enjoyment of the game when it is released. There will be a gameplay trailer cut from the footage released afterwards that avoids spoilers for those who want jump in completely fresh."

Also, there's been what? 30 minutes of cutscenes released for the game? Yet it's the gameplay footage that he's telling people not to watch.

Kojima is a great developer, but he really has a massive ego. This brings me right back to the whole "Don't trust early Destiny reviews" fiasco. That game was from a developer with a great history and it was a mess at launch.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I've seen only 1 gameplay video and the recent trailer.

I don't need to see anymore. I already know I want this.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
thats a dope signature.

I will watch, the only thing that looks cool is the story elements but gameplay of what we have seen looks like a drag.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Is the actual gameplay the surprise so you get spoiled if you watch a gameplay trailer??
Nah I'm watching everything.