• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you be watching?

• Of course not, I trust you Kojima!

Votes: 503 31.4%
  • I trust Kojima, but my hype is stronger!

Votes: 374 23.3%
  • "Words and deeds", Kojima. I'm obviously watching!

Votes: 727 45.3%

• Total voters

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

Guess I'll watch since I'm still nowhere near convinced.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Me and a group of friends decided to go dark from now until release lol. I'm not even a huge diehard Kojima fan but I'm expecting an entertaining experience.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
What he's driving at is basically the difference between seeing that 10 min dark knight footage before the movie came out vs. experiencing it for the first time in a theater, like the former did a great job drumming up hype for the movie and got a lot of ppl who dont really believe in super hero movies on board, but hed like you to experience it in context and thinks that's better, it's basically a tip for ppl who dont need marketing to be sold on the game

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Wasn't going to--but you've raised my expectations that much now Mr. Kojima!

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to try going into this game with completely expectations. Zero hype, and zero knowledge of wtf it even it is. The first reveal teaser was incredibly hype, but the more I saw of it, the more of my interest started going away (the sparse gameplay "demo" didn't help, either). I love the mystery and sci fi intrigue of the game's story and setting from earlier marketing.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I know ya'all fuckers gonna spoil this via gifs anyways!

But yeah tempted to go dark honestly. I had a gut feeling that this is one of those games where less you know is the better.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna watch,but I fear the gameplay will show cool stuff to sell the game to the disbelievers,stuff probably would be cool to discover by myself.But even if I not watch,will be almost impossible to avoid spoilers,gifs will be everywhere,and I will want to see the reaction by the others users.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
MGSV was disappointing and the last DS showing was hype killer. Sorry, but I don't have blind faith in you. I will watch the whole thing.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Never played a Kojima game and I'm interested in DS. I want to like the game but am so put off by this stuff surrounding Kojima and how he talks about people who might doubt him after the little to no gameplay he's released. As well as being extremely vague about what the game is even about.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have blind faith in the game at all. However I'll avoid the trailer to play it for myself without preconceived judgements.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Depends on what trust means to be honest. After MGS3 he didn't make any games I really enjoyed all that much. Found them immensely overrated.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There's nothing he can say to convince me. Will wait for reviews, both professional and from Era members.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would totally go in blind. I trust Kojima completely.

But i'm weak. Can't wait for 2 months.

And we're on ERA. It's going to be plastered with gifs and debates for weeks.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I'm sorry, but after only seeing the ability to pee and talking to Geoff Keighley after years of teasing, I'll gladly watch the presentation to see what kind of miracle genre he's supposedly creating.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright. I don't need the entire game spoiled.

Probably everyone should stop watching marketing material regardless, and not get their expectations way out of whack.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
So people watching this are the baddies because they don't trust Kojima? I feel like this is the implication and I don't like it if that's the case.
I know there are lots of details scattered in the trailers but I'll watch tomorrow's gameplay because I want to see more of the game.That's it.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Watching the shit out of this.

I just wanna know what the gameplay is like, if it's a delivery man walking simulator i can finally move on and stop reading anything about this game.

My eyes fucking roll every time i hear it called a "Social Strand Game", 90% of the shit i read about this game feels so pretentious.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Would totally go in blind. I trust Kojima completely.

But i'm weak. Can't wait for 2 months.

And we're on ERA. It's going to be plastered with gifs and debates for weeks.

Why don't you busy yourself with a game that'll hold your interest for the time being instead of watching DS gameplay tomorrow?

I'm currently playing Gears 5 campaign to completion.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I played MGSV so no i dont trust.
Wanna see more about DS and the gameplay loop before i can get excited.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I trust you Kojima and I'll try, but it's gonna be hard to not notice the 1000+ post thread on it. Gotta be strong.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen enough badass trailers at this point to be convinced. I'm on a media blackout until release.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've seen any actually gameplay besides walking over a green hill and I don't plan on changing that now.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
I don't know man. This sounds like a train wreck. Bought every main line MGS, but I haven't enjoyed one since Snake Eater.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Ok so will mods ban people posting gifs outside the main OT and gameplay threads? You know people gonna be spamming shit with some bs memes to be "cool".

I want to go in blind but people time and time again cant stop themselves posting spoilers everywhere.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I've stayed out of all the DS related threads and youtube videos so it wont be hard for me, its been my most anticipated game since it was announced, cant wait for my mind to be blown on Nov. 8