• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you be watching?

• Of course not, I trust you Kojima!

Votes: 503 31.4%
  • I trust Kojima, but my hype is stronger!

Votes: 374 23.3%
  • "Words and deeds", Kojima. I'm obviously watching!

Votes: 727 45.3%

• Total voters

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I'll watch any and everything that gets put out on this leading to release. Sometimes I wanna go in dark for story focused games but for some reason this isn't one I'm bothered being spoiled by. Show it all to me Kojima.

tenor.gif

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
Even if the game is shit I own a lot to Kojima so I trust him. But I can't resist watching the footage, my memory is bad and its still 2 months for release, so probably I will forget a lot of things.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Kojima is one of the only creators that has never disappointed me, but I want to and probably will watch this out of needing to know more

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I'm more than intrigued enough. If it's intended to be a game of discovery/surprises, then I'm all in.

Time to strap on the blindfold for a couple of months.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes i trust him, the man is a legend.

His track record more than speaks for itself, it's nothing but top tier quality games. Some of the best of all time with game mechanics and gamefeel that is unrilaved.

And while my hype is at an all time high and it will be insanely hard to resist watching this, because of this statement he has put out I'll be resisting the urge.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm planning to get this bonkers video game no matter what it is even if it fuels this chaos.

I never watch anything more than official trailers of video games, "the first 30 minutes" of games and such is never something I watch. I'll see it when I play it.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lmao trying to guilt people into not watching it saying it'll spoil the experience

gtfo out Kojima

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why don't you busy yourself with a game that'll hold your interest for the time being instead of watching DS gameplay tomorrow?

I'm currently playing Gears 5 campaign to completion.

I completed the Gears 5 story yesterday.

Right now i'm enjoying Greedfall but i'm not playing games all the time. I enjoy reading about gaming news and watch stuff on youtube. Blocking stuff for a week or two is possible but for 2 months?

I won't watch all of the gameplayvideos but i'll watch enough. I'd rather be slightly spoiled by Kojima than by some random asswipe on youtube/ERA.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Sometimes I'm not convinced I actually passed gas and need to bend over to take a whiff.

Whiff?

> Yes ✅
> No

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I completed the Gears 5 story yesterday.

Right now i'm enjoying Greedfall but i'm not playing games all the time. I enjoy reading about gaming news and watch stuff on youtube. Blocking stuff for a week or two is possible but for 2 months?

I won't watch all of the gameplayvideos but i'll watch enough. I'd rather be slightly spoiled by Kojima than by some random asswipe on youtube/ERA.

I get what you're saying. I'm not going on a complete blackout either, I'll still take part in DS threads but that's where I draw the line.

Time will pass as long as you stick with what you're enjoying.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I have the feeling that he caving in here will hurt the game in the end. He followed his own agenda with his own unique kind of marketing, like he always did, but for the first time, he caved in and is trying to explain the game like crazy recently, while the game doesn't f'n need that.
And now this gameplay with the message to not watch it if you trust him.

That feels so desperate, like damage control and just not like Kojima at all, kinda like pressure from someone else. Very weird.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a PS4 Pro exclusively to play Death Stranding, already preordered, total media blackout since first announcement, I have no idea whats in store and I dont want to know

fuck me up kojima

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
So I havent watched anything since last years e3 trailer for the most part, and I dont trust them but I dont distrust him. From the sounds of it, this is an online only game?

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I can't even begin to understand how this would convince someone to not watch the footage.

You've barely shown your damn game after a colossal failure with MGS5. I'm not just going to trust you the game is good.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
So I don't really trust him - but I do value going into something like this a little blind. Not watching

HereticGrin

Feb 16, 2018
Yeah actually, I'm going to agree on this one. Commencing blackout. Will have to find that browser extension to hide spoilers.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I still need convincing, so I'm gonna watch. Even if I didn't, my self control I don't think is as strong as some of you guys that go on total blackout before game release.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even begin to understand how this would convince someone to not watch the footage.

You've barely shown your damn game after a colossal failure with MGS5. I'm not just going to trust you the game is good.
lol colossal failure.

something tells me this game will never be for you regardless at this point.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Not ready for the inevitable thread that crams as many spoilers as possible into the subject line.

Oct 30, 2017
I'll be watching and waiting for reviews. I had the realization that I havent really enjoyed a game from him in 15 years. Since this is his chance at getting to do something fresh I'm hoping it turns out to be a must play game.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Dear Kojima, I know how to go on media blackout for games I'm interested in, thanks.

Still haven't gotten RDR 2 yet, still on media blackout. I've just seem some glitches and whatnot. Nothing major.

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
I'm watching because I'm not a fool who will blindly pay 60 dollars for a game without knowing anything. Less in these months that are LOADED of games.

I still trust him though, I'm one of the few people who liked MGS5 ... but everything that has been shown about DS was bad.

Kyle Barrett

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
It makes me wonder if this was a reaction to the response the other gameplay received.

It's a bit heady to think your fanbase should just want your game based on your involvement. I don't think this should be a spoiler, even if someone loves Kojima. It's a new IP and there's infinite potential for it to be something one might not enjoy. Either release the footage or don't, but if you ask me there's no harm in a true gameplay reveal so near to release.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The game looks very mediocre from what's been shown so far, so I'm going to have to watch this.

Trust no one.