• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you be watching?

• Of course not, I trust you Kojima!

Votes: 503 31.4%
  • I trust Kojima, but my hype is stronger!

Votes: 374 23.3%
  • "Words and deeds", Kojima. I'm obviously watching!

Votes: 727 45.3%

• Total voters

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
This tweet doesn't even remotely sound as conniving and condescending as the thread title makes it seem. He literally said he'd prefer people to go in blind, but made a gameplay trailer for people who are curious to know more about how Death Stranding works.

Why are things like this allowed when any other time the dramatic posters on this site would be having a fit?
even if the initial phrasing is accurate... I don't see the problem. If you were going to buy ANY game sight unseen, you're probably going to enjoy it more and have more of a sense of discovery if you go in without pouring over detailed gameplay breakdowns.

Plenty of people do this with movies by directors they like, and often directly frame it as "trusting" them.

It's not like a game is any more important than a movie that there's going to be some huge consequence for going in blind and then disliking it. I don't get why people would look at this and say "well I'm going to watch whatever this is because i'm still not convinced, BUT ALSO EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T WATCH IT IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WORLD" or "I'm really concerned about the people who will go in blind, it's unhealthy and sick."

It's literally like shaming people for not watching an advertisement.

I'm not ever going to play this game, but this reaction seems bizarre to me.

My dude said "hey there's some stuff to convince you coming" and people are like "I AM NOT CONVINCED"??? What is the purpose of saying that

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how shitty MGS4 was and how disappointing MGS5 was, I 100% do not trust him anymore. I am watching the footage.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
This tweet doesn't even remotely sound as conniving and condescending as the thread title makes it seem. He literally said he'd prefer people to go in blind, but made a gameplay trailer for people who are curious to know more about how Death Stranding works.

Why are things like this allowed when any other time the dramatic posters on this site would be having a fit?
This. Lant_War for the love of god please get the title changed, its leading to bad and misinformed discussion

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I trust kojima, media blackout it is.
also Death Stranding seems like one of those games where coming in with no knowledge will be better.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Don't need to see more of the game. Absolutely have no doubts about the gameplay experience. Kojima games all have good or even incredible gameplay, cool mechanics etc.

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't trust Kojima you need to look inside yourself and ask why.

But seriously in 60+ minutes of gameplay you are gonna spoil it for yourself. That's way too much.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like a game is any more important than a movie that there's going to be some huge consequence for going in blind and then disliking it

The consequence is on one's wallet, $60 ain't cheap, whereas paying blindly for a movie ticket is much easier to justify lol

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
The consequence is on one's wallet, $60 ain't cheap, whereas paying blindly for a movie ticket is much easier to justify lol
I notice you've shifted the use of the term "blind" here. The faith in the creator being a person who's made stuff you've liked before is not "blind". The knowledge of what exactly they've made this time is what is blind.

There is no physical consequence. You spent money for an entertainment product, you liked it or you didn't, that shapes your thoughts and opinions about entertainment products in the future, and then you still have enough money to keep yourself alive. And if you don't have enough money left over, liking or disliking the entertainment product wouldn't change that.

Furthermore: you are a sentient being fully aware of the possibility of disappointment from any uncertain path.

I'm talking about people babying those who are excited to go in blind, rather than focusing on themselves. It seems condescending and hypocritical.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Personally I'm hoping for the same gameplay blowout that MGSV had. Remember how cool it was to see Quiet shooting your grenade and knocking it towards the helicopter? Stuff like that

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
I'm going in blind, haven't watched a single trailer yet but I'm looking forward to checking them out retroactively after I play the game. Not even reading the rest of this thread (don't @ me).

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Man I'm conflicted about whether or not I want to watch this. If Kojima is recommending people to go into DS blind, then I may have to consider this. Going to be hard to avoid it :( as Ive seen all previous footage and am excited for this game.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
aww fuck, im starting to have doubts

what if this spoils the WW1 stuff

maybe i shouldn't watch this

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Man I'm conflicted about whether or not I want to watch this. If Kojima is recommending people to go into DS blind, then I may have to consider this. Going to be hard to avoid it :( as Ive seen all previous footage and am excited for this game.

Just wait and read some impressions then.... the video ain't going anywhere, plus there still plenty of time between now and release. If the impressions don't sound too spoilerific then dive in. If they do, then hold off. That's how I'm doin.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch it. Really want to see what a full gameplay loop looks like, as well as how you can fail.

Hopefully he'll hold off on actual story spoilers, though. I've seen more than enough cutscenes already.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
If you don't trust Kojima you need to look inside yourself and ask why.

But seriously in 60+ minutes of gameplay you are gonna spoil it for yourself. That's way too much.
Because he's never been a good writer, only a good game designer. I know the story is going to trash in this game like it is in all his games, but unlike the MGS series every aspect of gameplay I've seen from this game looks boring.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
But everything I've seen of this game makes me trust him less. Doesn't help that he hasn't made a great game since MGS3.

Last edited:

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Based on what we have seen, I don't trust them at all. I will absolutely need to see some impressive footage in order to be interested. I think they would have been better off showing NOTHING than what they've shown thus far.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
aww fuck, im starting to have doubts

what if this spoils the WW1 stuff

maybe i shouldn't watch this
He mentions that the map and objectives have been changed for the demonstration as to not spoil major details.

It might explain the concept of the Other Side when you die but I don't think that in particular will be shown off.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Can I watch the "official briefing trailer"? Or does it have gameplay details? I just dont want to get super spoiled with whatever secret sauce Kojima is pouring over the game. (I watched all other trailers, except the 50 min long gameplay)