• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gematsu
The latest issue of Monthly CoroCoro Comic reveals Solomon Program (title tentative), a game in which players control and battle monsters with programs. While its publisher and platform(s) were not announced, Konami trademarked the name in December 2019, and the screenshots in the magazine feature A and B buttons, suggesting a potential Switch release.
The monster designs in the magazine are reportedly large in variety and similar in style to Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, and Digimon. Battles are strategy RPG-esque.

A demo code for the game will be included in MiraCoro Comic Ver. 2, a special issue of CoroCoro Comic due out on January 17. A comic version is also planned.

EDIT: announced for switch
www.gematsu.com

Solomon Program to be released for Switch

The newly announced monster battle game Solomon Program from Konami will be released for Switch, CoroCoro Online has confirmed. A demo code is included with the January 17-due issue of MiraCoro Com…

02da6379285da6078de614ujcv.jpg

solomon-program_01-12jekcr.jpg

Last edited:

Drowner

Banned
May 20, 2019
Cool if the reviews are decent (6/10+) and I have a console to play it I'll buy it. I'd like to see more Pokémon clones

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
I thought gacha wasn't allowed on the eshop. The Switch version of a mahjong game I tried once had the gacha removed.
I'll try to get a code for the demo.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The reveal shots look good, hopefully it becomes something interesting.

I'm really digging the monster design from what we can see, hopefully it's great overall.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
After Bomberman R and Rogue Corps I doubt they're able to pull it off.
Wait, wasn't Bomberman R a huge success or was I thinking of something else?

I know that I downloaded the demo of Rogue Corps without knowing what it was and played it for a hearty twenty seconds before laughing it off.

EDIT:
It just occurred to me that the monster in the OP isn't wearing a helmet, it's got tiny little yellow eyes, so that thing that looks like a visor is actually a really flat nose.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Are the pictures in the OP the only ones from the magazine? The monster designs look cool. Solomon Project is a dumb title, though.

Edit: Solomon Program. Still a dumb name.