Konami announces the TurboGrafx-16 Mini (UP: list of games revealed - see threadmark)

vestan

Dec 28, 2017

This was their special E3 announcement. Six titles have been announced so far with more to come:

• R-Type
  • New Adventure Island
  • Ninja Spirit
  • Ys Book I & II
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • Alien Crush
5-Player Dungeon Explorer was confirmed with the multitap they'll be releasing. More details to be revealed later down the road, quick-save function is in.

TurboGrafx-16 Mini will release in NA, PC Engine Core Grafx Mini in Europe and PC Engine Mini in Japan.

Japan-exclusive games:

Last edited:

Bundy

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Aaaaand more Mini "consoles" I have to buy. I hope they're not too expensive.

Rotobit

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I think a mini console with games most people probably haven't played is cooler than getting Sonic 2 or Super Mario World for the 60th time

but at the same time do I really have faith in Konami to secure good emulation?

(the answer's no)

RecRoulette

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Metal Gear believers

I mean, I think a mini console with games most people probably haven't played is cooler than getting Sonic 2 or Super Mario World for the 60th time

but at the same time do I really have faith in Konami to secure good emulation?

(the answer's no)
Konami got M2 to do their Castlevania collection (maybe their other ones too?) so fingers crossed

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
2012: With all these emulation options/Virtual Console, I only need one box to play all my classic favorites!

2019: I can't wait to have 5 classic consoles under my TV!

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought my TG-16 back in like 1990 for $99, is this gonna cost more? I also got my Turbo Duo for $250 in likw 91, and both came with a lot of games.

I know Konami has a lot of the IPs so hopefully they can pull this together. Too bad all the great Working Designs localizations ae in like IP hell. What I wouldn't give for Exile and Exile 2 on this. Maybe Cadash?