• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
lol, we've got all the big 16 bit mini consoles now I guess. It's neat that Nintendo was able to make this cool; if I were a little younger I'd really appreciate it. It's a nice convenient way to play.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
What is a TurboGrafix16? I have absolutely zero recollection of this device but I assume it's from the 16bit era.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's really out of the blue.

This is pretty great because at least in my hood in Canada Turbografx games are wildly expensive and not common, so it's a pretty brutal system to attempt to collect for. I bet most gamers have very little experience with the library.

Aug 1, 2018
Shiiiiiiiiiiit

If the Neutopia games, Soldier games and/or Lords of Thunder are on it then I'll be buying the hell out of it.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Hudson made a lot of games for that system Konami could easily drop 40 plus games on them easily, if not more

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I think I played a TG16 once. Think it was some game where I got some sandals that let me walk on the ceiling. Am I crazy? Or is there a game like that for the tg16?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nice to see that CD games are present. Have hope for Rondo and Lord of Thunder amongst others. Also multi tap support means on of the bomber man games is likely. Who did the emulation on WiiU?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
What is a TurboGrafix16? I have absolutely zero recollection of this device but I assume it's from the 16bit era.

Yeah it was out alongside the SNES and Genesis. I remember playing a demo unit at Toys R Us but never new anyone that had one. Messed around with some of the games in emulators over the years, but that's it. No interest here as my SNES classic gathers dust and that was my favorite console growing up. I'd rather play new games.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Good shit Will buy IF they announce more games.

This kind of shit gives me hope for a Saturn or Dreamcast mini.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
4FYeslP.jpg

I think at least one of the Bonk games is a given, and having all of them on there wouldn't be that unlikely either. Those games are pretty much synonymous with the TG16.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Damnit now this made my E3. It's the final member of the 16-bit days.
But, the core system was already so small, how small can it be?