• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Could this in theory emulate the pc engine cd and all those hu cards/ add ons to have all the games?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
what is the likelihood this has shooters as over 50% of the lineup? Blazing lasers, star soldier, r type, air zonk, super air zonk, gates of thunder, lords of thunder, ordyne, etc. the list goes on and on.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
They confirmed 5 player Dungeon Explorer with a mini tap they'll be releasing..

Missed that if they announce Bonk I'm gonna bite.

what is the likelihood this has shooters as over 50% of the lineup? Blazing lasers, star soldier, r type, air zonk, super air zonk, gates of thunder, lords of thunder, ordyne, etc. the list goes on and on.

You forgot Veigus Tactical Gladiator! (That ending was worth it!)

wtl420

Feb 16, 2019
This is fantastic news, had no idea anybody would be interested in bringing this back. Can't wait to hear more.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
R-Type is there, Konami owns the Zonk, Parodius, Gradius games. Same with Gates/Lords of thunder but they may have to work out a deal on those.

I'm not expecting the Spriggan games. For the Gunhead series maybe?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
The truth? It was all about Nintendo/Sega back then. To be clear not saying it's a bad system or bad games on it but didn't know anyone that wanted/had one.

That doesn't make Dreamcast bad.

This system was very successful in Japan and had a ton of first party support. Definitely one of my favorite consoles. In my top 10.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My friends had a TG16 and I was so damn jealous. Always wanted one but never got one so if reasonable I will for sure buy one.

Also, how the hell is Keith Courage and Bonk's Adventure not two of the initial games? Weird since those two games sort of defined the system...in the US at least.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
The PCE CD was just a storage device to hold large games. The CD Unit itself didn't provide any hardware upgrades at all.

So including CDs is just a question of space more than emulation power.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My friends had a TG16 and I was so damn jealous. Always wanted one but never got one so if reasonable I will for sure buy one.

Also, how the hell is Keith Courage and Bonk's Adventure not two of the initial games? Weird since those two games sort of defined the system...in the US at least.
Keith courage better not even be included. Don't make the sega mistake and include terrible games

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I love it, I'll get it!

But... I'm really missing the Wii VC. >_> The Switch should have been the chosen one, all our classics under one TV/handheld banner. The NES Classic succeeding so much really changed things.