• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Only konami to celebrates bomberman sales by doing something completely alone and single player

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I can't believe they got somebody to get into the suit to do that haha. Any way congrats to Konami and Bomberman! Didn't think it would ever have another million seller Bomberman game.

FeenixRisen

McDonalds looks really average next to Wendys
Oct 25, 2017
All thanks to the Power of Positivity aka the Xavier Woods bomber.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem exceptionally high after over a year on the Switch and being a launch title, and now it's on other platforms as well. Still, positive result for a franchise that seemed as good as dead until not long ago.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, for sure. I'm wondering if they'll just keep Bomberman a Nintendo--exclusive in the future.

Better yet let Nintendo take on an entry themselves with a 3D game developed by ND Cube and who they can get from Over Fence (RIP).
Why would they do that.

I see no logic in keeping it exclusive and tied to a Nintendo studio when they have their own teams.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Bomberman being a million seller with a full priced retail release in 2017/18 is kinda crazy lol.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
One million people threw money down the toilet. Time to celebrate.

I'll never understand the love for Bomberman. It's awful.

Oct 28, 2017
Simon Belmont is so OP. They need to nerf that whip. Needs to be banned from tourney bomber play. And for the love of god, please Konami. Add more Tokimemo characters.

Oct 26, 2017
Why would they do that.

I see no logic in keeping it exclusive and tied to a Nintendo studio when they have their own teams.

I don't see Konami doing much more than straight sequels... If anything at all.

I'd call this a fluke honestly.

And why NOT let Nintendo take on a game that can be by a huge amount of ex-Hudson folks with Nintendo's guidance and polish? Who wouldn't want that? ;)

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
It's on sale on the ps4 at the moment for £19.99 but that still seems too high for me.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I guess that the sequel will come to everything except the Switch right?

i know i'm Only joking but this is Konami we are talking about

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Launching early on in the Switch's life cycle seemed to workout.
Haven't played it yet, but looks pretty fun, so congrats!

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted on Vita but they released only on PS4... so I will wait for a big discount (24€ is still too much), but will definetly buy it.
Bomberman! <3

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully that'll slap some sense into Konami and they throw money down for another Platinum Metal Gear game.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
there was a dude at the switch launch i went to who didn't buy BOTW and solely got the switch because he wanted a new bomberman game

i hope the dude liked it

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Liked the game on launch, only got better after the performance and content updates. Solid game now IMO.

Nov 8, 2017
97% of sales is from Switch. It bombed on ps4/xbone and pc.
Not surprising considering it came out over a year earlier on Switch, and there was no mention of any plans to release on other platforms at the time.

I wanted to get the PS4 version to play online, but I just can't get my friends on-board at the current price, and it doesn't seem worth it without being able to play with friends.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Maybe you are the no taste one?^_^

Bombaman rocks baby. The ultimate coop party experience. Many times better than many shitty AAA games.^_^
Or maybe it's just you ;)

Me6QTfg.png

Reviews are bad. Sales outside of Switch also bad.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
there was a dude at the switch launch i went to who didn't buy BOTW and solely got the switch because he wanted a new bomberman game

i hope the dude liked it

I also did that lol. Bomberman as my first Switch game before BoTW easily the best choice ever lol.

Or maybe it's just you ;)

Me6QTfg.png

Reviews are bad. Sales outside of Switch also bad.

Lol. You are coming back with force huh.^_^ 1 million sales and tons of update by Konami at least means many of those who get the game enjoy it a hell lot lol.

And since when u care about review score lol? When it is not dissing your favorite company?

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Are you aware that all the frequent updates and patches addressed many of the criticisms of those old reviews?
Are you aware that Steam version was released about month ago (including all patches and updates)? And it's still 6/10 (check Steam reviews)

YrSlUD9.png

He dont care lol. He just love taking potshot on konami for what they did to their beloved Kojima lol.
Are you always triggered when someone post any negative thoughts about your beloved Konami? :)

Last edited:

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
This thread has taught me that this game isn't Switch exclusive like I thought it was. Time to buy.