• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
shu0jeb.png

On July 25, 2019, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. filed in Canada via the Canadian Intellectual Property Office a trademark application for "Silent Hill". The application, no. 1977500, is of Standard Characters type and for the following goods and services:

Goods (Nice class & Statement)
9(1) Video games; computer games

Services (Nice class & Statement)
41(1) Providing on-line video games; providing on-line computer games; providing information in the field of video games; providing information in the field of computer games; arranging, organizing and conducting video game competitions; arranging, organizing and conducting computer game competitions
Source: http://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/viewTrademark?id=1977500&lang=eng&tab=reg&posNum

Now, the previous application with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office, related to the Silent Hill franchise, application number 1179330 (registration number TMA627582) was filed on May 28, 2003 and will expire on December 06, 2019. Thus I do not believe this new application is anything else than a standard application in order for Konami to keep the name Silent Hill trademarked in Canada. But I figured due to how the series have been handled by Konami in recent times, even lesser developments like these are worthy a mention.

Also, the original Silent Hill trademark that was filed for with the United States Patent and Trademark Office on March 26, 1998 is soon up for renewal. The earliest date §§8 & 9 can be filed for US Serial Number 75456606, Silent Hill, is August 15, 2019. Latest date is February 16, 2021. And lastly, the Silent Hill gambling/wager machine trademark application I wrote about last year is still active. A first request for extension of time to file a Statement of Use was granted on March 28, 2019.

If Konami will actually do something video game related with this franchise in the near future remains to be seen. Some kind of interest from the firm is apparent however.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Not pachinko, you say? So what then, Konami's dipping their toes into the schlooter arena?

Would love for Konami to reboot SH and for it to be good, but I'm not optimistic that this is anything. And if it is something, I'm not optimistic it'll be something good.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019
Obviously this means Silent Hill set at an abandoned suburban Winnepeg minor league hockey arena with a body horror Ed The Sock as the big bad.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to that f2p mobile Silent Hill!

But yeah, this is prooobably nothing.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all clamouring for SH lol. Do you remember the glory that was the last gen remaster package lmfaooo

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'd be down for a well made HD collection. 2, 3, 4, Shattered Memories and Origins would be enough for 2 collections at least.