• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Joke reply: Book of Shadows 2 hype here we go!
Half-joke reply: The first Silent Hill movie was a Canadian production, so this is obviously Silent Hill: The Movie: The Game
Non-joke reply: Probably either just a copyright extension or a remaster collection

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
These Canadian game leaks are getting weirder and weirder.

There's a road called Silent Hills Drive in Fredericton, NB, so clearly that's the location of the next game.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Reminder that Masahiro Ito expressed interest in doing another game reuniting people from Team Silent. And he's still working at Konami so

Dec 13, 2017
I don't know how to feel right now. If it's not a new game ill take a remaster of 1,2&3. I've been wanting a remaster of SH1 for a long time.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now now everyone, this isn't our first rodeo, let's everyone calm down and expect absolutely nothing because that's probably what we're gonna get.

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
It's likely a patent renewal aka Konami tightening their vice grip on the IP's they're never going to use.

Guess it's just time to HIT THE LEVER!

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
It's obviously just a trademark renewal as the games are still available/playable.

However I'd kill for a REmake 2 style rework of the first game.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Its SILENT HILL we are talking about and we only got 2 pages?! Shows how little trust Konami enjoy these days (justified).

I'm surprised they might be doing something with it to begin with, as they are not strapped for cash and don't need to risk to develop a flop

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take anything Silent Hill at this point. The collection is the best we'll get and I'll be fine with that

Minions

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for this to happen:
"Along with our release of Death Stranding contains an updated Demo for Silent Hill which is being developed in collaboration with Konami"

Kojimaaaaaaaa; would be the ultimate troll.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's possible though. I hope Konami makes something of a comeback from their self inflicted damage. I miss a lot of their games. The new Contra game obviously isn't a high budget game, but at least it's new.

Oh I'd kill for a Silent Hill 1-4 REmake situation..I just...I've been hurt a lot, ya know?

Nov 1, 2017
Silent Hill: The Canada Chapter.

Discovery the horrors of the ice rink.
Double dip deadly delights at Tim Hortons.
Dare you brave the effects of garbage on the street?!

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Silent Hill isn't dead (they've even said publicly as such) and is in the works with something. I do wonder if the registry first being found in Canada might mean anything though?

Last word was they're gonna try again with a western developer. But who knows.
An idea so nice, they may try it twice.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I still think Konami dropping a Silent Hill game announcement is going to be a major surprise in one of the first conferences for any of the next consoles.

I count on the game being mostly outsourced, and while I don't think Konami would be particularly concerned with the fanbase's reception, the studio working on the game would be. I believe an interesting SH project might be coming, and I'm excited about it.