• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I still think Konami dropping a Silent Hill game announcement is going to be a major surprise in one of the first conferences for any of the next consoles.

I count on the game being mostly outsourced, and while I don't think Konami would be particularly concerned with the fanbase's reception, the studio working on the game would be. I believe an interesting SH project might be coming, and I'm excited about it.
Hopefully it'll be shown at Gamescom, next-gen is too far away

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I still think Konami dropping a Silent Hill game announcement is going to be a major surprise in one of the first conferences for any of the next consoles.

I count on the game being mostly outsourced, and while I don't think Konami would be particularly concerned with the fanbase's reception, the studio working on the game would be. I believe an interesting SH project might be coming, and I'm excited about it.

One thing I'm going to mention about outsourcing is I do believe the climate where the outsources SH games were made and the current climate are quite different. It's easy to space on this, but the last outsourced SH game started development around 10 years ago. I'd say horror as a genre is a bit better understood now than it was a decade ago (horror games with a few rare exceptions were kinda' suffering in the later half of the 2000s, and funnily enough didn't start getting back on their feet until just around the time that Silent Hill as a franchised died for a while).

And it's worth also mentioning Konami was 100% disruptive in the process of every of the post-Team Silent games. In some cases this was for the better, like you should hear some of the details of the original concept Double Helix had for Homecoming. But we know for example there were huge changes to Homecoming, Shattered Memories, Origins, and Book of Memories. Some worked out fine, like Shattered Memories, though it would've been interesting if the original idea happened in Cold Heart. Book of Memories I can honestly say the original idea was more interesting (the devs have uploaded their pitch demos as videos online, they had sent two different but interesting demos to Konami, both as sorta' horror-puzzle games, but Konami wanted them to take their second demo and turn it into a dungeon crawler).

Honestly, I think they just have to find the right dev, enforce a few things but don't get overbearing on a project. I don't come from the mindset only Team Silent could make a good Silent Hill game, I think a good Silent Hill game could be different than the original games (and Masahiro Ito even pushes for a new installment to try something new and different, and you can see that there's big differences in how even SH1-SH4 handle themselves), but I guess for now we'll have to sit down and see what happens (though it would be probably sometime soon that something surfaces again if things have been going well).

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill 2 Mobile: The classic now reimagined as a F2P game resplite with surprise mechanics sure to keep the modern gamer paying...I mean playing.

Also the fog has been completely removed and all the voice acting is done by the guy who did that Sub-Zero everyone was complaining about a couple of days ago.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Seems very optimistic, Delaney.

But hell... I'll get on board. Silent Hill needs to come back in a big (or just... good) way.