• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Still nowhere near done S2 but free Picross is free Picross.

Wish the digital button controls were less cramped and let you hold down (I can't figure out how to do that if it exists?) cause that's how I prefer to play other iOS Picross games.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah there are no ads at freaking all.
If there mtx then theyd be for the hints but i hadnt used any yet.

This game is crack, i would gladly pay for a console and pc release of this.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Here's the ad I see:

cYGo3qu.png

It's literally the only ad that shows up for me. I honestly don't mind it at all.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Never seen it honestly. I don't even have the "More Apps" button at the top right.

It's probably obvious, but I see an ad on that big green bar at the bottom, so I don't know what's up for you.

Enjoy your luck, hah.

EDIT: ...or I thought I did last night, but I don't now, hmm. Do get the bigger ads, though.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
You people get no ads? I do and I wish I could pay to remove them :( Maybe they're only/mostly visible in Japan?

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Fuck... Konami?

Not today, Konami. Not today.

I've only done about a dozen puzzles so far, but this is actually a pretty good Picross-style game. The interface is a bit odd (going back to the main menu after each puzzle), but the puzzles themselves are solid. The only ad I've seen so far is for PES2018. I guess Konami did something right for once.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
always held off Picross games on the phone coz of the lack of a stylus/pointer, but maybe I'll give this a shot. Thanks, OP.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Made it past 30% & all the puzzles have been rated 4 stars, meaning they've been 15x15 & much harder now.

....also not a single Contra related puzzle, 160+ puzzles & not one?!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not usually that big of a Picross fan but I'm pretty into this, I guess having a theme I'm interested in helps. Solving puzzles is much more fun when Castlevania and Twinbee music is playing in the background. Already at 14.8%!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you'll get to 10x10 & eventually 15x15 will make up the majority of your puzzles.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I'm definitely enjoying this, but for some reason the controls just feel sluggish.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It's not terrible but the controls feel off. I struggle to play Picross games from people other than Jupiter, they just get it.

I'll take a Picross 3D Round 3 from HAL Labs any day tho

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Oh I tried "button controls" like I use on 3DS and Switch but they're horrible here.

I'm breezing through these with touch controls. 15x15 is ok on my iPhone X. I hardly miss.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I just played a Konami history picross game with Crucifix Held Close playing in the background. I dunno what led to this existing, but I am glad it does. Why can't you he like this everday Konami?

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
I just played a Konami history picross game with Crucifix Held Close playing in the background. I dunno what led to this existing, but I am glad it does. Why can't you he like this everday Konami?
Came here to post this basically. Came for a game with cute retro konami references and now I can't stop solving all these little puzzles. I love this thing.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
No joke, this is fun. I'm seeing some banners ads for PES and a pop up that's easy to click away. The first 10x10 was a doozy but managed it after almost 20min.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Love how it fills in the X's for you when you finish a row or column, nice little quality of life improvement over the Jintendo Picross games.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just downloaded this.

Just one more, just one more. 2 hours later still playing.

Deques

Oct 26, 2017
I assume this is not available in Europe since some of you from Europe can't install it. Is there an apk for this game?

Is apkgk.com a safe place to download apk packages from?

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone try this on an IPhone SE?
Easily the best phone I've owned but a lot of iOS apps aren't really optimized for the smaller screen.

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
Got over 16 percent now. I'm seriously hoping that there are no 20x20 puzzles cause 15x15 is hard enough with these touch controls. I wish they'd let me use my Samsung Touch Pen :(

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Touch controls on my iPhone SE aren't great, and the zoom function for 15x15 puzzles disables drag-and-slide box fills which annoys me. I think my only other gripe would be the music loops, or rather the lack of playlist control when working on a harder puzzle.

Otherwise, it's a good Picross game, and full of classic Konami fan service.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm really enjoying this, and it seemed shocking to me that there are no ads, IAP, etc. But then I see from this thread that some people are getting ads? I have been through 10% of the puzzles so far and I haven't seen a single thing like that. Also, everyone gets "free hints" even though as far as I can tell there's no way to buy extras. So maybe this is in like a soft launch phase or something?

Oct 27, 2017
This has to be better than the god-awful second Switch Picross game Nintendo released a few months ago. Will download this when I get an iPhone next week. Thanks for the heads-up.

vixlar

Dec 5, 2017
15 x 15 is a little bit, eeer... easy, to me. But maybe they did it that way because 20 x 20 would be a nightmare to play.
The right border is really hard to paint on 15 x 15.
I like the random choser.
I think the music should match the theme of the puzzle. And even it should have different music for bosses and mid-bosses.
I do really love that when you complete a line, it fills all the empty cells with x.

In general, I'm really enjoying this game.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
This is great but I could use some more songs. I'd pay for them actually.

Would absolutely love an expanded premium console release with button controls, larger puzzles and more flourish/fanservice.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying this, and it seemed shocking to me that there are no ads, IAP, etc. But then I see from this thread that some people are getting ads? I have been through 10% of the puzzles so far and I haven't seen a single thing like that. Also, everyone gets "free hints" even though as far as I can tell there's no way to buy extras. So maybe this is in like a soft launch phase or something?
Every now and then a PES ad shows up.