• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just downloaded this after it was discussed during the latest 8-4 podcast.The fan service in this app is unexpectedly awesome for current day Konami (wow at the Gradius 2 weapon select theme being the title screen music which is one of my favorite tracks ever) let alone being 100% free. Really happy this exists and hopefully it's maybe a sign Konami is looking into leveraging its classic content more.
I will pay a great fortune if they can get their classics on EGG Project released on more platforms (Steam, GOG, etc.)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Update went up:

- Improved zoom controls
- Improved functionality when filling in multiple spaces at a time
- Cursor will now be able to loop around the grip when using d-pad controls
- adjusted way user can obtain hints
- fixed various bugs

Still only at 87.2%, but I finally managed to do some boss puzzles, i.e. the Thinking one & the one for Bomberman that's all the power-ups. Action, Thinking, & Variety are completely done, with only one more Gradius boss puzzle to do. Next time I do a boss puzzle, I'll test to see if hints actually work this time for me.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Not a huge mobile gamer, maybe played less 10 hours total this entire year. Easily played over that or 1.5-2x that in this game alone (Around ~25%).

It is so good and perfect for on the go.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Update went up:

- Improved zoom controls
- Improved functionality when filling in multiple spaces at a time
- Cursor will now be able to loop around the grip when using d-pad controls

- adjusted way user can obtain hints
- fixed various bugs
these are good fixes. will download the game again to see if it's playable for me now.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, I think they changed the wait time on boss puzzles. Just finished one & noticed it said 3 hours instead of 4. It's still a while, but that'll help make the wait to 100% it a bit more tolerable.

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I'm at something like 57%. I usually do a boss puzzle then one or two normal ones. I was playing a lot more at first, but now Dark Souls has taken up most of my commute time.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Been playing this for a month now, and I'm at like 74% or something. It felt really good when I actually started completing Mid-boss and Boss puzzles.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I hit 31% last night. I'm really enjoying it. I think I'll go back to Twilight Princess Picross after this [which I didn't like much].

More Castlevania music in the next update, please!

agc

Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I wish the game dropped the timers for Boss puzzles once that's all you have left. But nope, still gotta wait hours between each one :(

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Last edited:

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting at about 79% complete here. Aside from a few 5-star, all I have left are boss and mid-boss puzzles

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
I'm at 45.5%, having slowed down a lot to let the boss puzzles roll in naturally. Game's damn good, a solid rec for anyone who can get it (fuck Konami for screwing over Europe here). The music selection's worn me down way too much, though. An update to that would rule; I'd even pay for that.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Still addicted as shit to this game. I'm at 20% completion now. Can't express how nice it is to have a truly free game without gnawing hooks. Sure, you can buy hints, but I've solved close to 100 puzzles now and have yet to need one.

agc

Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Still addicted as shit to this game. I'm at 20% completion now. Can't express how nice it is to have a truly free game without gnawing hooks. Sure, you can buy hints, but I've solved close to 100 puzzles now and have yet to need one.
You can buy them? I just thought it was on a 10 minutes (in-app) cooldown.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Hrm, looks like I can't play the game anymore. When I open it it tells me there's a new update to download and closes... except the game still doesn't seem to be available in Europe. (I downloaded the apk originally)

I'm at 81%... if I can't finish the game, I'll be pretty bummed out.

EDIT: Okay I got the update from somewhere else. I was afraid doing so would maybe overwrite the save or something, but it worked out fine.

Last edited:

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda like this game. I've been told STOP and am now in boss mode only lol.

I never picked up Picross before when I played it on the DS. Just couldn't click with me. But it clicked now and I want more!

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Just hit 92%. All normal puzzles on STOP now, just Boss puzzles left. Gonna take a while to finish the rest now. Haha. It's been really good, would have happily paid 15-20 bucks for this. Why isn't there an unlock option to pay to remove the timers?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I abused the clock to finish out all the boss puzzles because it was just obnoxious for the amount of boss puzzles are in the game.

Unfortunately
When you complete all the puzzles more puzzles, all normal ones, get unlocked.

Except you can only access them randomly. STOP is replaced by FREE, for Free play. Tapping them gives you random puzzles except it can give you ANY puzzle, not just the new ones.

I love the game but not enough to deal with RNG to get the remaining puzzles

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I abused the clock to finish out all the boss puzzles because it was just obnoxious for the amount of boss puzzles are in the game.

Unfortunately
When you complete all the puzzles more puzzles, all normal ones, get unlocked.

Except you can only access them randomly. STOP is replaced by FREE, for Free play. Tapping them gives you random puzzles except it can give you ANY puzzle, not just the new ones.

I love the game but not enough to deal with RNG to get the remaining puzzles

I thought it'd be bad but I'll be done with the boss puzzles in two more days max.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still my favorite implementation of traditional picross.
Not entirely sure why i like this better than Picross DS. Probably the music.

Sucks waiting for the boss puzzles though. At 86% with just boss puzzles remaining.

Picross 3D still the best puzzle game ever made.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Hit 100% a couple days ago an am taking a break.

There are 26 bonus puzzles unlocked, but getting them is random. May take a good while.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hit 100% a couple days ago an am taking a break.

There are 26 bonus puzzles unlocked, but getting them is random. May take a good while.

Yeah there's a couple really dumb design decisions outside of the actual puzzle solving.

No reason not to get rid of the timer after completing all normal puzzles and no reason not to let you pick which puzzle you want to complete at the end also.

It feels like this was supposed to have micro transactions.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, FINALLY hit 100% today. & I was greeted with no more time & 26 more puzzles.

.............wait, you don't get to instantly play them, you have to HOPE to get it via the free play??? What the actual hell.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
DsdAQmFWsAAYeoR.jpg

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Got 100% yesterday. Yeah the bonus puzzle situation is bad, I don't think I'll bother. Still a great game though!

Oct 28, 2017
United States
At about 90% with just boss puzzles left. Like others mentioned, it really seems like some sort of microtransaction layer is missing that would explain the timer. It's kinda annoying to have to wait, but it's not like I'm in a huge hurry.

amkippers

Nov 30, 2018
Oklahoma

This is exactly what I was looking for! I created this profile with the express purpose of thanking you for this information.

Apart from the personal praise, I'm enjoying this game a good deal (~20% completion). I find nonogram games like the Picross series to be fulfilling time wasters and this one is surprisingly good. Especially considering it hails from modern-day Konami.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Finally got to 75% completion. I'm gonna take it nice and easy with all these 5-star puzzles. That way, my friend who I just introduced the game to can catch up.

I hope this doesn't end up as a one-off project someone did in their spare time at Konami. A bunch of these for different libraries of game IPs, not just Konami's, would rule.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there's a new "expert mode" which I hope means you can instantly play the new puzzles you unlock for 100%ing the game. There's also new music as well.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Looks like there's a new "expert mode" which I hope means you can instantly play the new puzzles you unlock for 100%ing the game. There's also new music as well.
Nope. It makes the game more of a pain in the ass now as it restarts the puzzles but now you can't mark things with an X.

You can go over 100% now though.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
.....that sounds kinda miserable. & there's no way to revert back?

I did notice that my percentage went back down to 100% as I was at like 101.2 or something previously. I think a few more puzzles got added.

Also what's with the bell icon/counter when you're viewing each puzzle category? Puzzles completed in expert mode?