• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
.....that sounds kinda miserable. & there's no way to revert back?

I did notice that my percentage went back down to 100% as I was at like 101.2 or something previously. I think a few more puzzles got added.

Also what's with the bell icon/counter when you're viewing each puzzle category? Puzzles completed in expert mode?
That's correct, bells are the expert counter.

Don't see a way to revert.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I totally deleted the game off my phone once I got to 100%. This randomization stuff is not something I need in my life.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Does it at least show the old puzzles you complete in the collection, or are those wiped too? Seems a bit silly if not... i'm only at 48 percent, still enjoying this, but I am curious

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Stopped playing for 3 weeks but there it is.

d5a1b724-7a5e-4685-972fdys.png

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finally hit the wall at 90%, having only boss puzzles left. They should have thought about that timer in this scenario.

Also, saw some comments about seeing ads vs. not seeing ads at all. It's based on what store region the inside app "more apps" website is set to. For iOS, simply change it to a country where the game isn't out officially other than the US and ads go away altogether. There's a hardly visible "Settings" link at the top to do so. Android presumably works similarly.

MorPU2k.jpg

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Finally hit the wall at 90%, having only boss puzzles left. They should have thought about that timer in this scenario.

Also, saw some comments about seeing ads vs. not seeing ads at all. It's based on what store region the inside app "more apps" website is set to. For iOS, simply change it to a country where the game isn't out officially other than the US and ads go away altogether. There's a hardly visible "Settings" link at the top to do so. Android presumably works similarly.

MorPU2k.jpg

There is no "More Apps" section for me. (NA iOS user). Never seen an ad in the game.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If you play in airplane mode, you won't get ads either.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Now that's I'm playing Expert and there isn't a timer for boss battles I have to actively stop myself from playing.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
nooooooo~!!!

got to 100% today, and saw they unlocked more puzzles!

so I started playing the expert puzzles, until I realized how familiar a few of them were...

checked here and from my understanding... getting the remaining missing puzzles is random?!?!?!

coz now I'm all OCD and that 105.x% is very unnerving... but I dont wanna go thru the hassle of playing the whole game all over again without an X marker to get the missing puzzles

>_<

I'd totally be down if the post-100% puzzles were actually harder, but removing the X marker just artificially makes it hard.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The new puzzles aren't entirely random after 100% now but you do have to redo all the previous puzzles in expert mode to reach 200%. I think repeated puzzles are worth .1% and new puzzles worth .2%.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Since the game was updated and there were a few people appreciative of me making this list, I decided to amend the list with the new songs added to the game through updates.

In-game music:
A-Jax - Cross Point (Stage 5)
Thunder Cross - Skywalker (Stage 2)

And one more for completing a puzzle...
Twinbee - Level Clear

To be honest, I haven't heard of A Jax, Thunder Cross, or Quarth. Konami really had a super rich history of games in the late '80s, early '90s, it just makes me sad what has become of them...

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got to 100%. Was tedious but added it up, took ~74.5 hours to beat.

Not bad for a free game

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Great game, still playing it. If only Konami showed this much love to their older properties in the console market.

Edit: Whoa, just caught the news about the new Konami arcade/classic collections, great timing. lol

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I am a mad man.

D2LNMrVW0AAEWNW.jpg

"The collection has reached 200%. Congratulations! You are amazing! Thank you for playing our game, and we hope you enjoy playing our other KONAMI games too!"

Now where's Picross S3, Nintendo? or Picross e9 considering it's out in Japan.

Nov 2, 2017
I am a mad man.

D2LNMrVW0AAEWNW.jpg

"The collection has reached 200%. Congratulations! You are amazing! Thank you for playing our game, and we hope you enjoy playing our other KONAMI games too!"

Now where's Picross S3, Nintendo? or Picross e9 considering it's out in Japan.
That is awesome, congrats! I just downloaded this game, thanks to the recent Konami Collection announcements and my newfound interest in picross games. Worlds colliding! (Just got e1 for my 3DS). I am a very novice picross player but I love the design/ui for this game on iOS. Such cool themed stuff with Konami brand, too.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Didn't see this the first time the thread popped up. Not a fan of the controls, but I'll give it a bit longer. Haven't found a nonogram game that I enjoy better than Logic Square control wise.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the reminder -- gonna check this out later. Was just thinking the other day that I was interested in getting back into some quick mobile puzzlers.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Completed everything but boss puzzles. The timer nonsense is lame, but... looking through this thread. You can just change around the phone time, eh?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Is there something wonky about the automatic clue crossoff detection? I'm seeing some situations where things aren't crossed off when I'd expect them to be, or vice-versa, and I don't think there's any good reason for it - in particular, there's one situation where I placed a tile that was definitely correct, and it went from 'some crossed off' to 'none crossed off'; that should never happen.

VJAlcrc.png
EwzW7mF.png

I'm sure that filling in the highlighted square should not cause the horizontal row to lose the crossed-out status.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh cool in Europe now, only took... months.
May download later.

I would love that Final Fantasy one too now I've been reminded of picross...

Dr Zhivago

Oct 27, 2017
Battlestar Potemkin
Is there something wonky about the automatic clue crossoff detection? I'm seeing some situations where things aren't crossed off when I'd expect them to be, or vice-versa, and I don't think there's any good reason for it - in particular, there's one situation where I placed a tile that was definitely correct, and it went from 'some crossed off' to 'none crossed off'; that should never happen.

I'm sure that filling in the highlighted square should not cause the horizontal row to lose the crossed-out status.

I've had that happen a few times, presumably a minor bug in how it calculates the crossed-off squares. I've never had it affect the result.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I've had that happen a few times, presumably a minor bug in how it calculates the crossed-off squares. I've never had it affect the result.

Yeah, filling in more of it works out fine, it's just a little off-putting since - from playing Picross E - I've got used to associating "All crossed-off elements suddenly are available again" with "You've done gone fucked up somewhere".

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

VJAlcrc.png
EwzW7mF.png

That means you did something wrong.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
That means you did something wrong.

I hadn't, but even if I *had*, it shouldn't confirm that fact until I place tiles that explicitly contravene the clues as laid out. I had not. Nothing about setting that tile there breaks the 2122 rule.

Edit: I believe this is the remainder of that solution, filled out:

zLvUMH1.png

Last edited:

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Any similar (free) games like this one on the Play Store? Parents are enjoying this quite a bit and it keeps em active mind-wise

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Just reached 200%, 2 whole days ahead of Picross S3. I wish I could see how much time I spent on this. Time well spent for sure.

I've heard good things of Picross Luna, so I think I'm checking that one out next.