• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Thank you to r/JRPG for sharing this news.

r/JRPG - Konami renews trademarks for Suikoden ahead of TGS

279 votes and 108 comments so far on Reddit

This is interesting news because Konami is set to announce a new game at TGS from a ""world-loved series"

www.resetera.com

[GEMATSU] Konami will announce a new game at TGS 2022 from a "world-loved series" (VGC saying unlikely SH or MGS related)

Unannounced title from Konami and more teased. September 16 15:30 to 16:15 – Konami New Title Announcement Stage – A Konami new title announcement in which voice actor Yuki Kaji is invited on stage as a guest to represent fans of a world-loved series title. Full lineup from Konami at...

The person announcing the game (Yuki Kaji) has voiced in three different Suikoden games.

imnotsaying.png

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I settle for some remasters or something.

A new one would be amazing as well hope for the best.

Last edited:

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Hope we get something good.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Hope it's real and for all platforms.

Don't disappoint me now, Xbox.

Beelzebufo

Jun 1, 2022
Canada
I can't really think of any Konami IP I want more of without at least some of its original creators, including Suikoden. Hoping this turns out for the best.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
please don't do this to me.

A collection of 1 + 2 would be insane. Or maybe it'll just be a collection exclusive to PS4/5 via the classics emulator. Which...would kinda suck tbh. Though better than nothing I guess.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Suikoden Collection on all platforms, right before the surprise announcement of the mobile port of SoTN coming to all platforms.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Is it a collection of 1 & 2 for Steam? I dare not to hope for anything else.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Oh shit yes!

Sorry I don't care much for SH. MG not so much as well. But Suikoden is my shit and I never thought it coming back now that we have Eiyuden. I would be happy if this is just 1 and 2 re-release.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone who worked on the games even work for Konami anymore?

I remember the team getting binned many years ago

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
EXCUSE ME?!?!

Konami please just don't play with my heart like this. I just said in the other thread that my #1 wish is Suikoden 6 but assumed that was impossible.

I won't believe that a real, single player, console, sequel is actually happening until I see the video and announcement. This would be a dream come true if real (and good lol….)

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
A new Suikoden game would be great, but a remaster/collection would be nice too!

That being said, I assume they'll just release a gacha mobile game, because that's pretty much what happens to every classic JRPG IP I used to respect.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Still believe this'll just be an anime/manga tie-in announcement for something random.

Oct 27, 2017
www.siliconera.com

Suikoden Team Disbanded, Tri-Ace Hired Because They Have RPG Know How

According to Mukaitoge, producer on Frontier Gate, Konami lost their RPG know how and they would have to start from scratch by hiring new staff.
The team was disbanded and they hired tri-ace to make any RPGs they did after.

But some of the members still worked for Konami back then. Not sure if they're still there now. Even the person they mentioned in the article, Komuta, is working on Eiyuden.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Don't you fucking dare make a Suikoden gacha, Konami. Don't you fucking dare. My hatred will consume all of Antarctica. And I don't want to do that because I love penguins.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked there isn't already a Suikoden gacha

you already have hundreds of characters to collect right there

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
....... WHAT?????

please don't be some mobile gacha or pachinko BS

Skoje

Oct 26, 2017
remember, this is Konami. The legal team probably just said "Hey, we need to renew the Suikoden IP license"

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Don't you fucking dare make a Suikoden gacha, Konami. Don't you fucking dare. My hatred will consume all of Antarctica. And I don't want to do that because I love penguins.
I'm shocked there isn't already a Suikoden gacha

you already have hundreds of characters to collect right there
Arca Last was a sort of attempt at this:

View: https://youtu.be/K2XlZe0Aocg

It had Kawano and Komuta involved (who are both on Eiyuden).

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't this be a Collection? Seems on par with current Konami.
Or maybe upcoming PS Plus Premium game?

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
So what would people hate more

Suikoden Gacha?

or

Suikoden action RPG by platinumgames ft. Yoko Taro from the Nier series (tm)?