• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
https://mynintendonews.com/2018/02/...er-bomberman-r-has-continued-to-perform-well/

super_bomberman_r_nintendo_switch_boxart_by_goldmetalsonic-db1v7ch.png

He keeps on trucking!

Sadly we don't have new numbers, but for reference the game shipped 500k worldwide as of April last year according to Kimishima, and right now in Japan Bomberman is at:

First Week / LTD

Media Create:

[NSW] Super Bomberman R (Konami) {2017.03.03} – 36.623 / 145.029

Famitsu:

[NSW] Super Bomberman R (Konami) {2017.03.03} – 39.609 / 129.036
[NSW] Super Bomberman R (Download) (Konami) {2017.03.03} – 3.822 / 5.387

Dengeki:

[NSW] Super Bomberman R (Konami) {2017.03.03} – 38.400 / 152.925

Hopefully Nintendo gets to make a game themselves next, whether it's by ND Cube, Valhalla Games (who made Momotaro 2017 on 3DS), or someone else, I'm all for it!

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
anything but no 3D bomberman ever again.

It has so many potential.

BlandrewYT

Nov 27, 2017
Hopefully we get a 3D Bomberman again with 4 player multiplayer. Bomberman Hero and 64 were great, and Generations was just alright.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's great! I really hope we get more Bomberman games. i'd love a new game in the same vein as Bomberman 64: The Second Attack or Generations/Jetters.

Nope. Didn't they do the 3ds mirror of fate or some rubbish. No thanks no los crap please
They also did Samus Returns. With good direction they could make a good Metroidvania style Castlevania game.

Jan 3, 2018
I'd love to pick it up, but not at $40. When will the damn game drop in price? It's been nearly a year. Even Destiny 2 was $30 after a few months.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
The game just keeps adding new content and improving. It released rough and rushed, but it ended up being a genuinely good entry in the Bomberman franchise after such a long wait.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone get the chance to play Bomberman 64: The Second Attack? I preferred its single player better, and it had more multiplayer modes and characters to play as. Unfortunately, it's really rare, and a used copy goes for the triple digits.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible this game is the unaccounted for million seller, but I figure they would have mentioned that here

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Hopefully Nintendo gets to make a game themselves next, whether it's by ND Cube, Valhalla Games (who made Momotaro 2017 on 3DS), or someone else, I'm all for it!

If it weren't for the fact that they're still finishing up the new Yoshi game, I'd definitely want Good Feel on a Goemon game. They're the main ones most suitable for the task, being ex-KCEK staff!

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Konami said before they want to put more titles on the switch, so I wonder what their plans are now since Bomberman continues to do really well.

I'm hoping for a MGS collection or Castlevania. But the've been way too quiet since Bomberman came out.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
That's great! I really hope we get more Bomberman games. i'd love a new game in the same vein as Bomberman 64: The Second Attack or Generations/Jetters.

They also did Samus Returns. With good direction they could make a good Metroidvania style Castlevania game.

I would love a good 2d castlevania although I would say metroid and castlevania are vastly different type of game in a sense. Both their 3d cadtlcastle were garbage and if konami is gonna make a 3d one for switch I want them to stay the hell away. Also why would Nintendo be over looking a konami game?

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They can consider putting a new castlevania or porting over some MGS games on it.
i would love seeing mg rising on it.. and maybe also survive
Konami said before they want to put more titles on the switch, so I wonder what their plans are now since Bomberman continues to do really well.

I'm hoping for a MGS collection or Castlevania. But the've been way too quiet since Bomberman came out.
PES would be a good bet.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Now watch Konami to release a superlate sequel with minimal effort that will bomb because people actually liked Bomberman R but as a launch game.

It's Wii all over again.

Quakeguy

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Glad that its doing well, but oh man it has to be one of the worst Bomberman games ever made. Low effort, shallow and just soulless.

Really shows how hungry people were for games on Switch when it was released.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
So...do the people who make Suikoden or Goemon still work for Konami? This company has so many IPs in their vault that are ripe for a revival.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
With the additional maps it sounds like this is a generous package. Hopefully more games incoming!

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok Konami... show us what else ya got to bring to Switch... did we pass the test yet?

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's really good news, now give us a new Castlevania and/or Contra! :)

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
I predict this game will silently hit one million as the Switch goes on. It's no Mario Kart, but I can imagine new buyers periodically picking up Bomberman in interest.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Action Castlevania game please. Bomberman was a SNES throwback, Castlevania should be too, instead of the grindy grindy Metroid clones it became.

With good direction they could make a good Metroidvania style Castlevania game.
Apologies up front, I don't mean to pick on you here as you've just written something many would have... but what an odd sentence. It shows again to me why 'Metroidvania' is a crap term.

If by Metroidvania you meant "Castlevania game with Metroid's structure instead of the original linear action game structure" then you could just say "they could make a good Metroidvania".

If by Metroidvania you mean the name of the genre of "games with a Metroid like structure" then you could say "they could make a good Metroid-style Castlevania".

As it is, this usage pretty much proves that the Castlevania games brought basically nothing name-worthy to the structure and therefore should not have any naming credit in the genre.

Now watch Konami to release a superlate sequel with minimal effort that will bomb because people actually liked Bomberman R but as a launch game.

It's Wii all over again.
A possibility :(

Wii was actually worse, Elebits/Eledees was technically weak but my god what an amazing unique game that used the Wii Remote so well it was shocking. One of my most enjoyed Wii games.

But they followed up on Wii with a sugar coated marble rolling game in Dewy (when the genre was already served by Kororinpa) and continued the Elebits/Eledees IP... on DS with a forgettable RPG?

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sounds like I'm not gonna be able to get this game at discount any time soon. :/

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks, Konami! Hopefully this will make their boarding committee dust off their old IPs and do some favor. Sparkster or Goemon, please?

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, Bomberman is performing well? I wouldn't mind if Konami ported SotN and Suikoden to the Switch then.

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes please and not los crap.

Oh ffs

Los wasn't a good castlevania, thought it was a good game though
If we're talking about good Castlevanias, we haven't had one since RoB (with the exception of Adventure Rebirth)

If you're talking about being faithful to the formula, that is.

Nope. Didn't they do the 3ds mirror of fate or some rubbish. No thanks no los crap please

You don't even know what they developed. Hell, they are the ones behind Samus Returns 3DS.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Bomberman is performing well? I wouldn't mind if Konami ported SotN and Suikoden to the Switch then.
So much this. A nice polish on the Suikoden series would be extremely welcomed. Those games deserve to be remastered or remade and them being portable (not for the first time either I believe since you could play the originals on the PSP and Vita right?) would certainly make them very appealing.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
A possibility :(

Wii was actually worse, Elebits/Eledees was technically weak but my god what an amazing unique game that used the Wii Remote so well it was shocking. One of my most enjoyed Wii games.

But they followed up on Wii with a sugar coated marble rolling game in Dewy (when the genre was already served by Kororinpa) and continued the Elebits/Eledees IP... on DS with a forgettable RPG?

What about Capcom? RE4 sold 2m on Wii alone, Umbrella sold well too---and then? Another on-rail shooter?

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like Konami has some beloved IPs that people will gladly purchase games of if they're decent. :p C'mon Konami.

And yeah hopefully we get some Suikoden/Castlevania ports or something on Switch.