• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Super Castlevania R now Konami, do it. You have the Netflix Anime to interest-ride on. Just finally make another Castlevania.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
What about Capcom? RE4 sold 2m on Wii alone, Umbrella sold well too---and then? Another on-rail shooter?
Yes almost all pubs were complete morons.

EA: Tiger Woods and Madden outsell the PS3 versions!
Next: Madden AllStarz Babies edition

Capcom: Quality 3rd person action game port where the old version was literally already on the system outsells original exclusive light gun game
Next: Another light gun game. Oh and a complete shit port of Dead Rising and a kiddie point and click game!

Activision: Call of Duty 3 on Wii outsells the PS3 version
Next: Skip the Wii for the next game!

Super Castlevania R now Konami, do it. You have the Netflix Anime to interest-ride on. Just finally make another Castlevania.

Also Contra V, Gradius VI... aaaand while we're here Goonies III, Turtles V, Axeley II, Goemon R, Tiny Toons R, Bayou Billy II, Kid Dracula 2, Parodius R...

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Ok, what are next Switch games Konami!?
I would kill for some SH and MGS ports.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
Oh ffs

If we're talking about good Castlevanias, we haven't had one since RoB (with the exception of Adventure Rebirth)

If you're talking about being faithful to the formula, that is.

You don't even know what they developed. Hell, they are the ones behind Samus Returns 3DS.

Lol you meant they were not the ones that developed mirror of fate? Or did you assume they only did samus return? Do keep up

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
Lol so they made one good game under Nintendo suddenly they will make good castlevania games under konami? When they made 1 average and 2 shit ones... Sure whatever you say boo

The Giant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Konami needs to bring their mid tier games to Switch. Let ps4/xbone get AAA games, while Switch gets Goemon, Contra, Castlevania etc.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
Konami needs to bring their mid tier games to Switch. Let ps4/xbone get AAA games, while Switch gets Goemon, Contra, Castlevania etc.

I actually agree and it's not only konami, really hope we see the rise of mid tier games on the switch like ogre battle from S.E, miku from Sega etc

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if the call it Super Castlevania R, but it is finally the time for a Castlevania V to be made.

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
Hopefully Nintendo gets to make a game themselves next
coH9dM0.gif

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Well deserved. It may have started out rough, but it's a fine Bomberman game at the moment. Not Bomberman '94 fine, IMO, but very enjoyable.

I just want June Chikuma to come back to the series and I can die happy
Same. Bomberman R has some decent music, but it's not the same without Chikuma.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit - I can't believe I forgot about this game. I've been looking for a game to replace Breath of the Wild for my commutes, this would be perfect.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
A spiritual Sucessor to the first GBA Bomberman (Bomberman Tournament) would be cool.
This one had the best solo player content of all Bomberman games.

(litteraly a Bomberman take on Zelda-Pokémon)

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
ÂŁ38, hmm - I'm one good impression away from impulse buying.

Last edited:

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to pick it up, but not at $40. When will the damn game drop in price? It's been nearly a year. Even Destiny 2 was $30 after a few months.
It's dropped in price many, many times since release! And if you have GCU at Best Buy, it dropped even lower. According to the price tracker I use on Amazon, the lowest it's been new was $24.99 back in November and if I'm reading the graph correctly, it only just went back up to $50 about a week ago. Keep your eyes peeled! It's tons of fun and has gotten a frankly startling amount of post-release content.

Nov 18, 2017
Now make Super Bomberman R2 with an actual budget, Nintendo character crossover for multiplay, Mii support, Kangaroos, new bomb types and modes. With Mario vs Rabbids presentation.

The added content makes Bomberman R a worthwhile title, but the fundamentals are still rough.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are the Shield ports of MGS2 and MGS3 any good? Those seem like quick, no-brainer Switch titles. Release them both on a cart for $40.

SoyUnPixel

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, just maaaaaybe if Konami wasn't lead by dumb people we could get something similar to the Mega Man Collections but with Castlevania or even Metal Gear.

But hey, we know how they love to butcher their old shit.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Good to hear; great game!

(BTW, I've been having a weird control issue with the game lately: sometimes my Bomberman will randomly run endlessly into one direction without any input, and as its led to numerous deaths it's quite frustrating. At first I thought maybe it was because I dropped my Switch or something, but all my other games control fine. Anyone know what's going on?)

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Cool that more people are knowing about what multiplayer was before fps.

Cool that the company supporting nintendo since day one found sucess

Cool that they keep developing the game for free, with no microtransactions

But to be honest, i rather they just made a new game. Way more worthy them trying to turn the original product in something that was never meant to be: a long time support title.

There are so many wrong things in a fundamental level with that game, like art direction and input methods, that only a new game can really solve.

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a rumor a few weeks ago that the Wiiware exclusive "ReBirth" games were going to get ported to the Switch? That would be an amazing throwback compilation and a great way for Konami to to follow up this retro take on Bomberman.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love that Konami was pretty much done with video games, put out some low effort trash game for Switch, the game sold well prompting them to patch and support it, now the game is a solid value for Bomberman fans and continues to do well

one of the funnier story lines, so to speak, of the gaming industry

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I love that Konami was pretty much done with video games, put out some low effort trash game for Switch, the game sold well prompting them to patch and support it, now the game is a solid value for Bomberman fans and continues to do well

one of the funnier story lines, so to speak, of the gaming industry
Actually fuck off with this shit. Say what you want about Konami's problematic management, but it's clear that there are still many developers at Konami passionate about making games. Just because it's Konami doesn't mean you should go ahead and make lazy dev posts.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually fuck off with this shit. Say what you want about Konami's problematic management, but it's clear that there are still many developers at Konami passionate about making games. Just because it's Konami doesn't mean you should go ahead and make lazy dev posts.

the game at launch is very different than the game now. it was low effort trash from the beginning not because of lazy devs or anything else you want to put in my mouth but because of Konami and the resources allocated to the project.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
This is cool. I just wish I liked this game. I wonder if this game doing as well as it has is less the result of this game being regarded by anyone as a great game or if this is just a sign of how thirsty people were for A Bomberman game? Thoughts? Do a lot of people here on Era like this game?

EDIT: An online enabled Bomberman 64 would be fantastic. It's a shame that they never really revisited making fully 3D Bomberman games.

They're not releasing any significant for PS4 either though.
Yeah, I'm not sure why people are ignoring their output at large when making these statements. They're not doing right by any audience across the board, and if it wasn't for the fact that Metal Gear Survive wasn't heavily reusing MGS5 assets, I doubt we'd even get that game, and that's fucking Metal Gear.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
the game at launch is very different than the game now. it was low effort trash from the beginning not because of lazy devs or anything else you want to put in my mouth but because of Konami and the resources allocated to the project.
How in the world does "low effort trash" = low resources? If you mean it was low budget, say it was low budget. Literally what else am I supposed to understand from the phrase "low effort"? Why would I ever assume you meant budget when the word you said was effort? It would be putting words in your mouth to assume you meant budget.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How in the world does "low effort trash" = low resources? If you mean it was low budget, say it was low budget. Literally what else am I supposed to understand from the phrase "low effort"? Why would I ever assume you meant budget when the word you said was effort? It would be putting words in your mouth to assume you meant budget.

because Konami dictated the amount of effort that was to be put into the game and that effort was low and the product was trash at launch (hence "low effort trash") and it was hilariously overpriced on top of all that given the state of the game at release

then the sales came in and they decided to patch it and have continually supported it since making it an actual good video game worth owning

it ended up turning into a nice feel good story but it was kind of funny how it got there and who it involved, is basically what I was saying

anyway

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Did anyone get the chance to play Bomberman 64: The Second Attack? I preferred its single player better, and it had more multiplayer modes and characters to play as. Unfortunately, it's really rare, and a used copy goes for the triple digits.

Loved 2nd attack and my brother and I played the co-op a ton. It wasn't as well received as 64, but younger me had a blast.

I just want another game in the same vein of 64 where I could use cool bomb bouncing tricks to explore hidden areas and collect cool armor pieces. Game was so much fun to explore.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes almost all pubs were complete morons.

EA: Tiger Woods and Madden outsell the PS3 versions!
Next: Madden AllStarz Babies edition

Capcom: Quality 3rd person action game port where the old version was literally already on the system outsells original exclusive light gun game
Next: Another light gun game. Oh and a complete shit port of Dead Rising and a kiddie point and click game!

Activision: Call of Duty 3 on Wii outsells the PS3 version
Next: Skip the Wii for the next game!

Third parties hated the Wii because it was hard to develop for between being a generation behind in power and the Wiimote being completely different than what everyone was used to.