• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhh so this is where the post about a Castlevania compilation came from! Thought it was a joke, since I didn't even hear anything about it until I saw this topic just now (which had been hidding by the floods of E3 leaks/news).

Subbing to see what happens week. A Castlevania compilation would be amazing, but I'm expecting pachinko.

A compilation isn't the only part to this rumor.

An all-new game, and Simon Belmont in Smash, are also part of this rumor.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
Hear me out. What if this rumored new Castlevania iteration is being developed by Platinum Games? There were rumors floating around during E3 that the Babylon game was not the only game Platinum has been involved in (besides Bayo 3 of course). Honestly feel like PG could really do something special with the series. You would think with the momentum they have been driving through the Netflix series they would want to make sure a new game would be an exceptional title.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Hear me out. What if this rumored new Castlevania iteration is being developed by Platinum Games? There were rumors floating around during E3 that the Babylon game was not the only game Platinum has been involved in (besides Bayo 3 of course). Honestly feel like PG could really do something special with the series. You would think with the momentum they have been driving through the Netflix series they would want to make sure a new game would be an exceptional title.

Is there more to the whole Platinum making another project? Could you explain more on this rumor?

M-PG71C

Oct 29, 2017
I kept wondering what the hell happened with all the potential Konami news. We saw that one sports compilation that was pretty cringey. I hope the Castlevania rumors are true, I really need some Castlevania in my life. It has been far too long.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Babylon
Bayo 3
Granblue Re: Link
World of Demons
Kamiya's genre-redefining IP
(also, Nier Automata Xbone port + support for Lost Order)

Castlevania, too? How many projects can a 200-person team handle?

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017

I'd expect them to do Metal Gear Rising 2. A hack n' slash castlevania would be nice though.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be opposed to anything by Platinum, but I'm having a Castlevania withdrawal and getting a 3D action game instead of, well, actual Castlevania after all this time would be disappointing. Konami should take the same approach Capcom is using for Mega Man: gauging interest with compilations, bringing back the franchise in its purest form and then the rest.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Bad news.

The original leaker (Dasvergeben) of the Castlevania stuff says the embargoed game is... Hyper Sports R... the same game they already announced.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm..._big_smash_leaks_for_those_that_care/e0uj2xe/
snake-on-computer-MGS-on-fire-burning-1438702695x.gif

I wanted to believe so hard.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So uh he was either lying or he's wrong?

None of the above. His original rumor never said the games were going to be shown at E3. We just assumed due to the timing of the rumor.

But this doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Let's just wait until season 2 of the anime is announced. Konami has to announce something by then.

Last edited:

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Who knows. Maybe they want to wait until sites post all their articles for the more popular games, and then allow the preview later for Hyper Sports so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
An embargo for an already announced sports game?

Someone please post that gif of the dude opening the fridge and leaving disappointed. Thanks in advance ... :[

Natsuko

Apr 9, 2018
This is weird because the original claim from the video was that it explicitly wasn't Hyper Sports R. Which means either they or the leaker don't know what they're talking about.

Hoxworth

Banned
May 21, 2018
Serious question, why do you guys want Konami to profit off these IPs after they've continually sabotaged them over and over and over again? I genuinely wish that we never get another Silent Hill/Castlevania/Metal Gear game again because I know how goddamn fickle gamers are and they'll support these scumbags without a second thought.

Seriously how many people with #FuckKonami on their Twitter bios will be pre-ordering the inevitable Snake Eater remake?

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Was this rumoured Castlevania collection supposed to be multi-platform or just Switch only? If the former, that's already a red flag. I believe the older Castlevania games had some form of Nintendo exclusivity, no? I mean, none of them have ever showed up on any non Nintendo systems.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Serious question, why do you guys want Konami to profit off these IPs after they've continually sabotaged them over and over and over again? I genuinely wish that we never get another Silent Hill/Castlevania/Metal Gear game again because I know how goddamn fickle gamers are and they'll support these scumbags without a second thought.

Seriously how many people with #FuckKonami on their Twitter bios will be pre-ordering the inevitable Snake Eater remake?
I would support collections and remasters/remakes just to get Konami's games on current platforms. The company sucks ass, but they have great games in their back catalog that shouldn't be lost to time, Imo.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe because some people are simply just interested in videogames and don't want to partake in witch hunts?
If they announce a Castlevania game and it looks promising I surely won't say no and even a CV collection is fine by me.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Was this rumoured Castlevania collection supposed to be multi-platform or just Switch only? If the former, that's already a red flag. I believe the older Castlevania games had some form of Nintendo exclusivity, no? I mean, none of them have ever showed up on any non Nintendo systems.

There was a collection of all the NES Castlevanias and Contras for PC once, so I don't think so.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

Serious question : if the game/remake/collection is good... then who care ? I love playing good games. That's it.

Natsuko

Apr 9, 2018
Wait, do we know the unannounced game that Konami showed behind closed doors on Thursday and the embargoed game are the same?

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This is weird because the original claim from the video was that it explicitly wasn't Hyper Sports R. Which means either they or the leaker don't know what they're talking about.

What original video? The rumor came from Dasvergeben on reddit on june 6th.

"Castelvania is making a comeback with two new titles.
I believe each are multiplatform releases (one may be Switch exclusive but haven't been able to verify that).
One is a new title and the other a collection of classic Castlevania games, with Symphony of the Night being the headline game.
[...] this info about the two Castlevania games come from someone mighty reputable (who also has heard the same Smash leaks that I have, in case you are curious) so I have no reason to not believe them first and foremost."

https://old.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm..._leaks_for_those_that_care/e07p7gh/?context=3

Original rumor:
"Castelvania is making a comeback with two new titles.
I believe each are multiplatform releases (one may be Switch exclusive but haven't been able to verify that).
One is a new title and the other a collection of classic Castlevania games, with Symphony of the Night being the headline game."

Natsuko

Apr 9, 2018
I'm talking about the Gamekult video. They said Konami was showing a unannounced game behind closed doors on Thursday that wasn't PES or Hyper Sports R.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What if we never felt the entire company deserved boycotting? There are still good people working there, remember that not everyone can just leave on a whim...especially when the company tries to blackball you across the industry.

zenspider

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I would adore a Castlevania Collection.

Vampire Killer
Haunted Castle (yes it's trash but it has Cross Your Heart)
3 (with a Famicom and NES toggle)
Super
Rondo
Dracula X
Bloodlines
X68000/Chronicles
ReBirth

Maybe even go crazy and add the GB games.

I don't think I'd pass up on any collection - especially if portable, but Bloodlines would send me over the moon, and I never played Vampire Killer (MSX).

invalidsystem

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I'm talking about the Gamekult video. They said Konami was showing a unannounced game behind closed doors on Thursday that wasn't PES or Hyper Sports R.

I was watching one of the e3 recap (i don't remember which one and which day, sorry), and they didn't saw nothing more than the sport game.
The dream is dead for now i guess.