• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
Only if they put the NES Metal Gear and Snake's Revenge. Only then this will be a worthy collection.

/s, although I wouldn't mind if they actually have those games besides the MSX ones.
I actually liked certain elements from the NES version and Snakes Revenge. I thought the jungle infiltration was a bit more engaging than simply starting swimming to building 1,

Snakes Revenge had SOME cool elements in it like the searchlights in the dark.

I wish they rerelease Ghost Babel, Supposedly was very good for a spinoff.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually liked certain elements from the NES version and Snakes Revenge. I thought the jungle infiltration was a bit more engaging than simply starting swimming to building 1,

Snakes Revenge had SOME cool elements in it like the searchlights in the dark.

I wish they rerelease Ghost Babel, Supposedly was very good for a spinoff.
I don't dislike the NES games, but I do find them weaker compared to the MSX versions.

Ghost Babel is pretty great yeah, definitely deserves a re-release.

Oct 29, 2017
Wishful thinking, but I'm hoping for a Silent Hill compilation and a Castlevania compilation-both for PS4, XBO, Switch, and PC.

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017

Looks like it was just Hyper Sports R. Although this was supposed to be multiplatform? All I see is Switch in the trailer.

Oct 29, 2017
IIRC, the Konami showroom presentation is on Thursday, Pacific Time. I wouldn't expect much, though.

Stage show is between 12 and 2: 45 and that time slot includes Serenity Forge, Konami, Trion Worlds, Sony, etc.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Going by context, I think it's just PES, seeing that it's plastered all over the page. Still, is that Konami's only livestream?

Edit: Probably is. Sigh...

Last edited:

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
Going by context, I think it's just PES, seeing that it's plastered all over the page. Still, is that Konami's only livestream?

Edit: Probably is. Sigh...

Seems like it? Dunno why they have so much time dedicated for one game.

Konami is the master of bamboozle and disappointment. New Metal Gear? Nah just Survive.

"Compilation" "Action Adventure" Nah just PES and Hyper Sports.

Jokes on me because I WILL watch that Thursday stream unless they change the name to PES.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would assume something would come out today if a compilation (or anything other than PES/Hyper Sports) is on the show floor, unless they are holding it back specifically for that presentation.

Oct 29, 2017
Konami's twitter confirms it for me - it's all PES. To paraphrase: "Get ready, PES Fans...one of three #E3 livestreams are up today at 12 PST.

Recently, I've heard not to put too much stock into the E3 Exhibitor's listings. I've also heard from somewhere PES is considered Action Adventure.

Basically, if Konami sees ANY risk involved in making a game, they won't follow through and make the damn game.

Don't expect to see MGS, Castlevania, or Silent Hill at all.

:(

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
Konami's twitter confirms it for me - it's all PES. To paraphrase: "Get ready, PES Fans...one of three #E3 livestreams are up today at 12 PST.

Recently, I've heard not to put too much stock into the E3 Exhibitor's listings. I've also heard from somewhere PES is considered Action Adventure.

Basically, if Konami sees ANY risk involved in making a game, they won't follow through and make the damn game.

Don't expect to see MGS, Castlevania, or Silent Hill at all.

:(

What risk is in there in re-releasing a collection of their old titles on modern systems?

Capcom: Megaman Collection and X Collection, Okami, MVC games

Devolver: Metal Wolf Chaos

Ninja Theory: Devil May Cry

VV: Crash Trilogy

Sega: Too many to count, classic lineup, Yakuza.

Square-Enix: Old FF games, Chrono Trigger, etc.

It shouldn't be that damn hard. If they want to go extra low effort and just sell a MSX emulator with MG1 and MG2 ROMs (Or NES and Castlevania) included like Capcom did with Megaman Collection 1 then so be it!

It'd sell well and would cost very little (Probably more profits than Metal Gear Survive considering aside from the emulators the games are already there vs new assets) but Konami seems to not care about games anymore.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It has been confirmed to me that the only Switch games Konami has on the floor are Hyper Sports and PES. I don't know if the alleged Konami presentation will have new stuff, but I doubt it.

I guess the "compilation" game is Hyper Sports, and the "Action/Aventure" game is PES then?

I know it was just a rumor, but I was really expecting that Castlevania Collection. Hope it's really happening and they just decided to announce it near the anime's release.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
It has been confirmed to me that the only Switch games Konami has on the floor are Hyper Sports and PES. I don't know if the alleged Konami presentation will have new stuff, but I doubt it.

I guess the "compilation" game is Hyper Sports, and the "Action/Aventure" game is PES then?

I know it was just a rumor, but I was really expecting that Castlevania Collection. Hope it's really happening and they just decided to announce it near the anime's release.

Didn't know PES was announced for Switch. You sure about that?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there was ever a real Castlevania compilation rumor. People just speculated that the one listed for E3 might be one to coincide with a potential Simon Belmont for Smash announcement.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know PES was announced for Switch. You sure about that?

I was told by someone at E3 that those two were the only Switch games on the floor.

I don't think there was ever a real Castlevania compilation rumor. People just speculated that the one listed for E3 might be one to coincide with a potential Simon Belmont for Smash announcement.

No, the same guy that leaked Ridley, Snake, Ice Climbers, and Simon, also said there are two Castlevania games in development. One original, and one a compilation. He never said they were going to be shown at E3 though, that part was just speculation on our part.

He said that the Simon character is a sure thing, that it will be announced before the game comes out.

So my speculation is that the two CV games will be announced near the anime's release.

JackFrost

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
They did say something was being planned for the anniversary of Metal Gear Solid. Isn't that this year?

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan

Looks like it was just Hyper Sports R. Although this was supposed to be multiplatform? All I see is Switch in the trailer.

giphy.gif

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
0900AbC.png

From the Twitch E3 Schedule. If we're getting anything tomorrow is pretty much the last chance.

EDIT: And AFAIK PES was never announced for Switch?

I'm curious if anyone has gone to their booth or whatever. I mean we saw NOTHING about the MGS2+MGS3 NVIDIA Shield ports and they were first spotted at E3 last year I believe.

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
Read the posts above. It is basically PES :(

But AFAIK this isn't Konami's official stream but the E3 Stream. Also PES was never announced for Switch AFAIK. You also have the Casual game on that listing.

I checked the PES reddit and people were actually complaining today's Konami stream was the exact same presentation as yesterdays, even saying the same things as if they're just playing it on a endless loop.

EDIT: https://waytoomany.games/2018/06/13/e3-hands-on-fifa-19-vs-pro-evolution-soccer-19-ps4/ FIFA 19 is for Switch and a few other systems. and PES is only for PS4, XBONE, and PC.

https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=4XTDjeQv

That show listing has the Casual Game on XBONE, PS4, PC, and android and last gen consoles but not switch. (No idea what was with the android and other listing but could the casual game be PES19?)

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What risk is in there in re-releasing a collection of their old titles on modern systems?

Capcom: Megaman Collection and X Collection, Okami, MVC games

Devolver: Metal Wolf Chaos

Ninja Theory: Devil May Cry

VV: Crash Trilogy

Sega: Too many to count, classic lineup, Yakuza.

Square-Enix: Old FF games, Chrono Trigger, etc.

It shouldn't be that damn hard. If they want to go extra low effort and just sell a MSX emulator with MG1 and MG2 ROMs (Or NES and Castlevania) included like Capcom did with Megaman Collection 1 then so be it!

It'd sell well and would cost very little (Probably more profits than Metal Gear Survive considering aside from the emulators the games are already there vs new assets) but Konami seems to not care about games anymore.

Why did you put DMC under Ninja Theory lol

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Googled it and saw their name. I know the games were rather recently ported as a collection to PC. Was it with Ninja Theory before Capcom took over?

No, DMC was a Capcom franchise from the PS2 era lol. NT did a reboot in 2012, but it was a disappointment and Capcom has returned to developing it internally with the new game.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
A correction.

The person that told me about the Konami games at E3 clarified that he only asked about their games on the floor, not about Switch games. So Hyper Sports and PES are the only playable games on the floor. With Hyper Sports being a Switch game.

I'm asking other people to see if they can find out what is the second Switch game Konami had listed.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
A correction.

The person that told me about the Konami games at E3 clarified that he only asked about their games on the floor, not about Switch games. So Hyper Sports and PES are the only playable games on the floor. With Hyper Sports being a Switch game.

I'm asking other people to see if they can find out what is the second Switch game Konami had listed.

In their private media booth, it's purely Hyper Sports R, PES, and Zoe 2 Mars VR (which comes with free socks).

Etc.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Gamekult (french media) knows there's a konami game that hasn't been revealed yet. Be patient.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Unrelated to that, but I swear I heard that there was a game embargoed until Thursday as well. Maybe I heard it on Easy Allies? If I'm not going crazy, it could be this.

EDIT: It was Giant Bomb, and I believe it was lifted today, have no idea what the game was though, but it wasn't this.