2. Jarmusch

Jarmusch

whats "this"?

3. Smellycat

Smellycat

Must not hype

4. Amalthea

Amalthea

Then it turns out it's a sequel to a Kojima directed game!

Wich will be Penguin Adventure R...

5. Dr. Caroll

Dr. Caroll

As an aside, I've noticed a recent trend of French publications having pretty solid leaks.

6. KnightimeX

KnightimeX

So....... what did Konami have to offer?
    Any collections\games announced?

7. Oh that's what the clamour for Simon is about, interesting. I'd assumed it was a stupid meme like Goku.

8. Foffy

Foffy

I would like a link to this. Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls hasn't been showcased at E3, right? That's been more or less promised to be getting a localization. I would hope they're not referring to a localization announcement.

It depends on what "reveal" means, here.

9. invalidsystem

invalidsystem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yg2GGw1Lns
    They are talking about it at 38.00
    The gamekult team has a meeting for a unnanounced game.
    This isn't PES or the sport compilation (i don't know a thing about this game).
    The editor in chief knows some things on this game but can't talk about it yet.

10. Foffy

Foffy

It's most definitely Castlevania then. ResetERA's own Dusk Golem alluded to Konami wanting to revive the Castlevania IP as a "counter" to Bloodstained. It's likely that, if they're keeping it a secret.

I also have to presume if we're linking it to rumors, this is a new game they're showing. No reason to announce a compilation behind closed doors, and if that's going to be tied with anything, it seems most fitting to announce it with season 2 of the Netflix show. The Castlevania animated series viewerbase is actually split between people who have played the games and those who never touched the games, so a compilation would likely be aimed at grooming viewers of the show into players of the games.

11. Toybasher

Toybasher

[​IMG]
    I honestly want those socks. Subtle, yet has the logo on it.

12. Morfid_Plays

Morfid_Plays

If this so say has showfloor space why hasn’t it been announced yet ?

13. I mean, as a classic games character with ties to Nintendo's history (dude was even in Captain N lol), Simon would be a reasonable request as far as third party characters go even without any rumors.

14. leesmapman

leesmapman

I'd love to see that. I played the original to death.

15. Oh sure, and he has a very fitting move set for the game. I was just surprised by how much people were name dropping him

16. Emperor Ham

Emperor Ham
    Banned Member

Maybe the unnanounced game will be revealed on Treehouse Live?

17. Kelanflyter

Kelanflyter

Gamekult is a very reputable site. They don't clickbait and write about rumours without verifying sources.

18. Bonejack

Bonejack

I would do questionable things for a Castlevania collection timed with the new season of the Netflix show ... so pretty please Konami.

19. Skronk

Skronk

If they're not going to make any good new games they should at least make sure their back catalog is available to download on everything.

20. Shadow2222

Shadow2222

The supposed Konami multiplatform compilation

21. Morfid_Plays

Morfid_Plays

But they didn’t even hint towards castlevania

It’s dead Jim....

22. Tron1

Tron1

Wait when is there conference... there are still people schedule to give conferences?

23. Smellycat

Smellycat

Apparently Konami is showing off an unannounced game behind closed doors today. So, it is either MGS or Castlevania related.

24. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Why behind closed doors? Like seriously

25. Usually because it’s not polished enough to show to the public or because there’s an embargo at which point we’ll find out about it alongside articles from various media outlets going up. Just be patient, we’ll see it soon!

26. Foffy

Foffy

Many reasons. Could be too early, something they feel that won't "flow" by being available to the public, or that they want to control information. Let's assume, hypothetically, it's a Castlevania game based on the Netflix show, so a reimagining of Dracula's Curse. Do they announce it at E3, or when season 2 drops? They could totally capitalize on the latter, to get non-fans into the IP who don't follow E3.

27. yuhr33

yuhr33

So I take it we’re not seeing this today? Oh well.

I thought the comp was outed to be that sports thing? Is there another comp or am I mistaken?

28. Toybasher

Toybasher

What if it's because they're embarrassed about what the public will think?

I.E. Metal Gear Solid: Kart Racer or Castlevania: Hide N' Seek?

29. Mass_Pincup

Mass_Pincup

They always had reliable sources, especially with Japanese companies. Regarding Gamekult, they’re closely affiliated with someone working in Japan for decades.

30. ReyVGM

ReyVGM

I think it's a Castlevania game, and I think that the reason why it's behind closed doors is because they want the press to try the game, write their impressions (a preview) and embargo those previews until the game is officially announced or released (probably around the anime's release).

But why all the secrecy? Well, Konami probably just wants to grab the opportunity now that all the press is at E3, instead of later on having to fly them in or send out preview builds.

31. Retro

Retro

This was supposed to have happened already, right? Anything come out of it?

32. Laxoon

Laxoon

The wait is killing me! I just want to know if it's CV related or not...

33. Jarmusch

Jarmusch

isnt e3 basically over?

34. Mylatestnovel

Mylatestnovel

What does the R stand for in all these games? It seems odd branding.

35. 5taquitos

5taquitos

So it wasn't a Suikoden collection?

Konami remains dead to me.

36. ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Revival.

37. Sketch

Sketch

I'm surprised that we still don't know yet.

I would pay an insane amount of money for a Castlevania collection. Bomberman and MGS would be cool too.

38. Foffy

Foffy

I'm thinking this too.

They're going to use the Netflix show to help push users to a new game. Presuming this is the case, I wouldn't be surprised if the game is, in fact, actually based on the show.

Presuming this is all true, I think it's going to unfold with releasing Season 2 on Netflix, announcing Season 3 is being made [this has been leaked but not announced publicly], and announcing a game based on the show.

39. ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Yeah, I think so too. But I couldn't care less about the new game, what I want is SotN on the Switch :P

40. I get that but there are so many ways to play this game. Xbox One, 360, PS3, Vita, PSP, or emulation on whichever device you like.

I need something more (a collection on par with Mega Man), or a new game entirely.

41. Foffy

Foffy

I shared some of the news here on the Castlevania Dungeon, and one of the users brought this up after watching the Gamekult video...

If this doesn't say it all, I don't know what does.

42. Opa-Pa

Opa-Pa

BOY.

Don't do this to me, it'll hurt like hell when it turns out to be some kind of monkey paw deal.

43. ReyVGM

ReyVGM

I don't have either of those systems. I can emulate it on the PC, of course, but I want an official product on my favorite console.

SotN is alleged to be in the collection, but I doubt it will have the extra content the Megaman Collections have (art, etc.). A new game is coming too according to the rumor.

Everything should be revealed by the time the anime hits.

44. emag

emag

When is the next season expected to release on Netflix?

45. Foffy

Foffy

"Summer" is all we know.

The first season dropped in July, for reference.

46. mikezilla2

mikezilla2

So anything Else Besides what we already Knew ?

47. Kelanflyter

Kelanflyter

Rebirth

48. Foffy

Foffy

ReBirth was their Wii line. It likely means Revival or Return.

49. Saint-14

Saint-14

Do people want another MG without Kojima?

50. Keym

Keym

What is this? There's an actual chance that we might be getting a new Castlevania?? :O