• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I'm happy someone made this. I been real into K-Dramas since I saw Strong Girl Bong-Soon on Netflix.

If I were to have a favorite K-Drama it would most likely be My Girlfriend is a Gumibo (Nine Tailed Fox
f18b7b4740b5405dc32b70ac9293f502.jpg

The soundtrack is good and I enjoyed the romantic comedy plus the story was good. Shin Min-a was very adorable in this like in Oh My Venus

Like I said I have been very into K-Dramas (also Japanese shows)

Some of the series I have watched:

Live
Cheese in the Trap (the tv series)
Doctors
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo
Bad Guys (both the first and Vile City)
Stranger
Black
Goblin
Oh My Ghost
Quiz of God

There are many examples of good actresses and actors like Park Boo-young, So Ji-sub and Lee Sung-kyung so I can't give a favorite really. I'm currently watching Wok of Love, and I am trying to stick to completed series so can binge watch them. Planning to watch Miss Hammurabi along with others when they finish airing

OP
OP
Include

Include

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I'm happy someone made this. I been real into K-Dramas since I saw Strong Girl Bong-Soon on Netflix.

If I were to have a favorite K-Drama it would most likely be My Girlfriend is a Gumibo (Nine Tailed Fox
f18b7b4740b5405dc32b70ac9293f502.jpg

The soundtrack is good and I enjoyed the romantic comedy plus the story was good. Shin Min-a was very adorable in this like in Oh My Venus

Like I said I have been very into K-Dramas (also Japanese shows)

Some of the series I have watched:

Live
Cheese in the Trap (the tv series)
Doctors
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo
Bad Guys (both the first and Vile City)
Stranger
Black
Goblin
Oh My Ghost
Quiz of God

There are many examples of good actresses and actors like Park Boo-young, So Ji-sub and Lee Sung-kyung so I can't give a favorite really. I'm currently watching Wok of Love, and I am trying to stick to completed series so can binge watch them. Planning to watch Miss Hammurabi along with others when they finish airing

Welcome to the club! You have watched some great shows so far! I too started like 2 years ago and never looked back.

Thank you for the recommendation by the way, I will give it a ago once I finish "Rich man" and "Come and hug me".

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Come and Hug Menus really good.

Also watched the first episode of About Time and enjoyed it.

Couldn't stick with Wok of Love though.

OP
OP
Include

Include

Oct 25, 2017

Also watched the first episode of About Time and enjoyed it.

Couldn't stick with Wok of Love though.

Wok of love just didn't feel right but I can't point my finger on the why.

''come and hug'' captured me from the get go, I feel it can become one of the best drama of 2018 depending on the direction they are gonna take. I'm really having huge expectations of it.

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
It is off. I think Wok of Love is just too wacky for me. I wish they had reigned it in. It makes me sad because I wanted to watch for Junho since I loved him in Just Between Lovers.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking of watching Korean movies. So far I was considering watching A Muse (Eun-gyo)

220px-A_Muse_2012.jpg

The silenced
bc308dd803f6910d34d5a185179438ba9d9b83f2_hq.jpg

Memoir of a Murderer
memoir-of-a-murderer.jpg

I know Memoir of a Murderer is on Netflix (US) and The Silenced was recently removed which was saddening. I'm actually happily surprised that Netflix has a good selection of Korean shows and movies I was wondering if Hulu (US) has some as well?

less

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for mentioning this! I didn't know of this drama until you did so. Only on episode two but it is hitting all the right notes for me.

EDIT: Getting serious horror movie vibes when she is going to look for her dog. D:

I know Memoir of a Murderer is on Netflix (US) and The Silenced was recently removed which was saddening. I'm actually happily surprised that Netflix has a good selection of Korean shows and movies I was wondering if Hulu (US) has some as well?

Train to Busan and Age of Shadows IIRC. Probably a few others too.

Last edited:

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for mentioning this! I didn't know of this drama until you did so. Only on episode two but it is hitting all the right notes for me.

EDIT: Getting serious horror movie vibes when she is going to look for her dog. D:

LOOOL, just noticed the major typo Come and Hug "menus". stupid auto correct.

Yeah, it hit all the right notes for me too. The kid who plays young Na-Moo has been in a ton of things I've watched recently.

Oct 28, 2017
watched Strong Girl Bong-soon, another one i put off but then watched it just to drop it , a year or so later i picked up again. it was quite enjoyable, loved the MCs.

Y'all should check out '' come and hug me'' it's fantastic! The dad is so darn creepy.

When they were children, Yoon Na Moo and Gil Nak Won were each others first love. They are forced to break apart when Na Moo's father Yoon Hee Jae, a psychopath serial killer, murders Nak Won's parents.

oh this sounds good.

currently interested in Miss Hammurabi (began this one yesterday), Something in the Rain, Sketch.

on a side note, talking about how most if not all Asain variety shows get butchered to hell (specially Korean ones) in one of the latest Knowing Bros/MOAM episodes in Netflix three teams had to make a song it was probably one of the best episodes ive seen from the show tbh. All 3 songs were cool as well

now i recommend you to watch the episode first because it is great lol

Kim Youngchul

https://youtu.be/pnq_wz81Xv8

Min Kyung Hoon x Kim Hee Chul (i was fucking surprised how good they sing never imagined just by looking the show)

https://youtu.be/iqsQ0KHImrU

Kang Ho-dong

https://youtu.be/WQtXLka9n0w

i ended up purchasing all 3 songs plus some of My Mister OST

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually happily surprised that Netflix has a good selection of Korean shows and movies I was wondering if Hulu (US) has some as well?

Train to Busan and Age of Shadows IIRC. Probably a few others too.

A Taxi Driver and The Villainess are on Hulu as well I believe, if either seem interesting. Both obviously quite different from one another =)

The Chaser is on Hulu as well, though I imagine you've maybe seen that? If not. See it immediately.

Oct 28, 2017
Just wanted to bump the thread in appreciation of Go Ah-ra beauty

Miss Hammurabi is really pushing the cheap tears fuckery to my limits, on the third episode right now so I'm hoping the rest of the show isn't full of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Include

Include

Oct 25, 2017
Kim Youngchul

https://youtu.be/pnq_wz81Xv8

Min Kyung Hoon x Kim Hee Chul (i was fucking surprised how good they sing never imagined just by looking the show)

https://youtu.be/iqsQ0KHImrU

Kang Ho-dong

https://youtu.be/WQtXLka9n0w

i ended up purchasing all 3 songs plus some of My Mister OST

Loved the first song, liked the second one and disliked the last one.

However, I'm so gonna check out this show, it sounds awesome! Thanks for the recommendation!

Oct 28, 2017
Loved the first song, liked the second one and disliked the last one.

However, I'm so gonna check out this show, it sounds awesome! Thanks for the recommendation!

yes it is, like stated above the butchering due to licensing is really sad but the main part of the show aka just plain messing around with themselves or their guests is still amazing.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Noticed they added a new series on Netflix.

Something_in_the_Rain-sp01.jpg

Something in the Rain (or as it's actual title translated Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food)

This pleasantly surprised me as this show ended 2 to 3 weeks ago in SK and quickly being on Netflix afterwards. I've only watched 3 episodes so far but I like the story and music. So basically it's a story about a older woman played by Son Ye-Jin who falls for her best friends younger brother played by Jung Hae-In.

So yeah another show for people to give a try. Has anyone else watch this show and finished it yet?

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food is finally up on Netflix? Good, I can watch it there (as long as this includes Netflix Canada). I've seen the first 3 or 4 episodes and I liked it. The mother is a horrible person though. I'm not sure when I'll get around to watching it. I have 3 dramas that I'm watching now and a couple more that I want to watch.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Live is pretty damn good so far. It's funny seeing serious actor Kwang-soo after watching so much variety TV with him.

OP
OP
Include

Include

Oct 25, 2017
Noticed they added a new series on Netflix.

Something_in_the_Rain-sp01.jpg

Something in the Rain (or as it's actual title translated Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food)

This pleasantly surprised me as this show ended 2 to 3 weeks ago in SK and quickly being on Netflix afterwards. I've only watched 3 episodes so far but I like the story and music. So basically it's a story about a older woman played by Son Ye-Jin who falls for her best friends younger brother played by Jung Hae-In.

So yeah another show for people to give a try. Has anyone else watch this show and finished it yet?

I think I started watching it and then forgot about it... Or did I drop it? Hmm I don't remember anymore.

I think I stopped when the ex was invited to her house and she had a fight with him and the dude came, then they started dating later on

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Great thread! I've started watching stranger and whilst the begging wasn't too hot it's starting to grow on me. I also think Signal should be called out in the OP, I genuinely think it is a top tier drama that can stand with the best western productions.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Great thread! I've started watching stranger and whilst the begging wasn't too hot it's starting to grow on me. I also think Signal should be called out in the OP, I genuinely think it is a top tier drama that can stand with the best western productions.

Signal made me entirely reevaluate my thoughts on Korean drama. Up until that point I thought that Korean dramas had their strength in romance and historical dramas but Signal, along with a few others, changed that drastically. That's just how good it was. Not perfect but it was a hell of a lot more impressive that I expected.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Live, that's legit one of the best shows I've ever watched. It has genuine heart and you really grow attached to that little rag-tag group of patrol officers by the end.

OP
OP
Include

Include

Oct 25, 2017
I wish '' come and hug me'' was a little bit faster, at this point it's getting too repetitive that I don't feel the emotion anymore and it doesn't help that the older MCs don't have romantic and light hearted interactions at all.

It's a good drama but it will get old if they don't get things moving already.

AgentChris

Oct 26, 2017
Watching tvN's Live because of this thread and it's damn good. It's on Netflix and 2 episodes in so far- 10/10

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I wish come and hug me would pick up a bit. And maybe start to show a little healing for the MCs.

Why Secretary Kim is really good. Nice romantic fluff.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Why Secretary Kim is really good. Nice romantic fluff.

Marathoned all the episodes available and I'm really enjoying it. Very cute and fluffy drama for the most part. Only a few things mar my enjoyment of the show but hopefully things will proceed in a much better direction starting from the next episode.

less

Oct 25, 2017
After a couple of more episodes of Secretary Kim...I'm rather bored of it by now. Once the relationship was formed I felt that much of the fun dynamic was lost. We're mainly confronted was less than good scenarios. Good start but it declines significant towards the later episodes. :(

OP
OP
Include

Include

Oct 25, 2017
After a couple of more episodes of Secretary Kim...I'm rather bored of it by now. Once the relationship was formed I felt that much of the fun dynamic was lost. We're mainly confronted was less than good scenarios. Good start but it declines significant towards the later episodes. :(

I started watching it recently but I just can't connect with the MC, is it me or is she a not very good actress?

Her range seems limited and whenever she smiles and whatnot it looks manufactured/ fake.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching it recently but I just can't connect with the MC, is it me or is she a not very good actress?

Her range seems limited and whenever she smiles and whatnot it looks manufactured/ fake.

Her is showcasing a rather poor performance. Maybe she is better in other dramas where she has more to work with but here there isn't much. It is especially noticeable when she is annoyed with someone and or giving them the side-eye.

OP
OP
Include

Include

Oct 25, 2017
Her is showcasing a rather poor performance. Maybe she is better in other dramas where she has more to work with but here there isn't much. It is especially noticeable when she is annoyed with someone and or giving them the side-eye.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, I didn't sense the chemistry between the leads though, like they had few romantic scenes already but it just fall flat for me.

Do you have any good on going drama recommendations? (I'm watching come and hug me already Btw)

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I watched Midnight Runners, it was fun. But I'm not sure how I feel about movies that normalizes Korean police as a force of good instead of being critical of it like it started with Memories of Murder

less

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, I didn't sense the chemistry between the leads though, like they had few romantic scenes already but it just fall flat for me.

Do you have any good on going drama recommendations? (I'm watching come and hug me already Btw)

The newest episode...ugh. Just boring and honestly not worth the payoff.

As for ongoing dramas...there currently aren't any that I can recommend. :( . If you don't mind an old one then I highly recommend Jejungwon if you haven't seen it yet! It kinda loses my interest towards the end but the episodes before then are amazing. <3 Used to be my favorite Korean drama until Master's Sun and I hear your Voice came out.

I watched Midnight Runners, it was fun. But I'm not sure how I feel about movies that normalizes Korean police as a force of good instead of being critical of it like it started with Memories of Murder

Hmm. Just accept it as fun entertainment? This is only to be a fun little action film. There are other movies that still depict the Korean police critically or at least in a less than positive light.

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly liked Secretary Kim.

I started Still 17, but I don't know if I will stick with it. Mostly I'm waiting for Life to start on Netflix.

OP
OP
Include

Include

Oct 25, 2017
The newest episode...ugh. Just boring and honestly not worth the payoff.

As for ongoing dramas...there currently aren't any that I can recommend. :( . If you don't mind an old one then I highly recommend Jejungwon if you haven't seen it yet! It kinda loses my interest towards the end but the episodes before then are amazing. <3 Used to be my favorite Korean drama until Master's Sun and I hear your Voice came out.

Gonna check out all 3 of them! Thank you! By the way I just started "My id is gangnam beauty" it's looks nice so far.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Twitch is showing off Korean dramas this month courtesy of DramaFever starting today

https://www.twitch.tv/twitchpresents (has schedule and lineup)

So far, I've only seen parts of "One Percent of Something" which I thought was pretty funny. What are some other shows in the lineup that I should possibly check out?

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
So Twitch is showing off Korean dramas this month courtesy of DramaFever starting today

https://www.twitch.tv/twitchpresents (has schedule and lineup)

So far, I've only seen parts of "One Percent of Something" which I thought was pretty funny. What are some other shows in the lineup that I should possibly check out?

Goblin is good (though I think it falls apart in the end). Let's Fight Ghost was good and I liked Heirs. I think I saw Signal on the list which is really good.

Stranger is good but I never got around to finishing it.

I did not like Uncontrolably Fond or Boys Over Flowers.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
So I been watching some new shows. Just wanted to throw 2 out there if anyone is interested in watching some new shows.

Mr Sunshine (on Netflix)

t0729super-sunshine-men-1-620x918.jpg

"A Korean boy from a poor family who ends up in the United States after the 1871 Shinmiyangyo incident returns to his homeland during a historical turning point. Now an officer with the American military, Eugene falls in love with Ae-sin, an aristocrat's daughter, and discovers a dark scheme to colonize the country from which he once fled. Ae-sin tries to figure out if Eugene is a friend as they wonders what the English word "love" means."

It's Okay, That's Love

p11478534_b_v8_aa.jpg

"Jang Jae-Yeol is a mystery writer and radio DJ. He suffers from a obsession. Ji Hae-Soo is going through her first year fellowship in psychiatry at a University Hospital. She chose psychiatry because she doesn't want to perform surgeries. After she meets Jang Jae-Yeol, her life goes through big changes."

less

Oct 25, 2017
It's Okay, That's Love is amazing. <3 Highly recommend it to everyone.

Currently watching I Remember You.

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm passing on Mr Sunshine. The 20 year age gap between the main actor and actress, coupled with the fact she looks even younger on the show (at least to me) is a no go for me. I also had issues with Goblin (same writer) for the same basic reason.

Just watched the first episode of Life, and there's a lot crammed into that episode.

It's Okay, That's Love is on my to watch list.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just got done watching the first three episodes of Signal on Twitch. Or as I like to call it "Frequency: Korean Edition". The episodes were pretty good. Plenty of tense moments. Main character has a lot to learn. STOP CREATING TIME PARADOXES. And share your damn umbrella next time!

Take a drink every time someone is called a punk

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Just found this OT / Hangout and I have to say I am a big fan of the genre. I sort of "discovered" Korean dramas last year by accident on Netflix when I was bored and ended up watching all of "Oh My Ghost" in like 2 or 3 days. Since then I have subbed to both Dramafever and Viki and have finished 45 or 50 shows and several movies. My favorites so far:
1) Healer
2) Fight My Way
3) What's Wrong With Secretary Kim
4) Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Ju
5) My Love from Another Star
6) I am not a Robot
7) 1% of Something
8) Miss Hammurabi
9) Oh My Ghost (or Oh My Ghostess as it is sometimes referred to)
10) Strong Woman Do Bong So

I'm currently watching Mr Sunshine on Netflix and loving the cinematography and musical score as well as the performances of several of the main actors/actresses. Goblin broke my heart a little bit but I enjoyed it for many of the same reasons (it was also beautifully shot and scored) and I can tell that Mr Sunshine is from the same source. Also finishing up Last Cinderella on Viki.com but that is a J-Drama.

OP
OP
Include

Include

Oct 25, 2017
Just found this OT / Hangout and I have to say I am a big fan of the genre. I sort of "discovered" Korean dramas last year by accident on Netflix when I was bored and ended up watching all of "Oh My Ghost" in like 2 or 3 days. Since then I have subbed to both Dramafever and Viki and have finished 45 or 50 shows and several movies. My favorites so far:
1) Healer
2) Fight My Way
3) What's Wrong With Secretary Kim
4) Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Ju
5) My Love from Another Star
6) I am not a Robot
7) 1% of Something
8) Miss Hammurabi
9) Oh My Ghost (or Oh My Ghostess as it is sometimes referred to)
10) Strong Woman Do Bong So

I'm currently watching Mr Sunshine on Netflix and loving the cinematography and musical score as well as the performances of several of the main actors/actresses. Goblin broke my heart a little bit but I enjoyed it for many of the same reasons (it was also beautifully shot and scored) and I can tell that Mr Sunshine is from the same source. Also finishing up Last Cinderella on Viki.com but that is a J-Drama.

Welcome, we are a small but passionate community, I hope you will enjoy your stay with us, be sure to drop by whenever.

By the way, I totally with you on "fight for my way" being n°2, it's the same position as my own liste, now do yourself a favor and watch Reply 1988!!

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Welcome, we are a small but passionate community, I hope you will enjoy your stay with us, be sure to drop by whenever.

By the way, I totally with you on "fight for my way" being n°2, it's the same position as my own liste, now do yourself a favor and watch Reply 1988!!

I wasn't necessarily listing by order of preference but Fight My Way is awesome, no doubt. Reply 1998 is on my list and thank you for the recommendation!

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Goblin is good (though I think it falls apart in the end). Let's Fight Ghost was good and I liked Heirs. I think I saw Signal on the list which is really good.

Stranger is good but I never got around to finishing it.

I did not like Uncontrolably Fond or Boys Over Flowers.
Boys over Flowers was early in my K-Drama discovery and I had a hard time with it. The scenes of bullying made me really uncomfortable and I found a couple of them to be really disturbing. For that reason I hated that Lee Min-Ho's character was the main interest (Kim Hyun Joong was so much better!) and to this day I actively avoid dramas with him as the MC. Silly, I know, but I still associate him as the jerk bully because it's the first show I ever watched with him in it.