• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017
https://translate.google.co.kr/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://bbs.ruliweb.com/news/526/read/120714

169e754888d4cacdc.jpg

169e754a6c34cacdc.jpg

SHIFT UP, a Korean game company that developed mobile game "Destiny Child," said it will produce AAA-class console games on April 4, 2019, Korean time.

The game is called Project Eve.

Company CEO Kim Hyung-tae says the game has a post-apocalypse worldview and is a single-play action game.

Currently, the game is being developed by more than 10 developers, and CEO Kim Hyung-tae says he will increase the number of developers to around 100.

The platform will be published as PS4,XBOX ONE and Steam and will respond to the next generation of platforms.

Currently, the game's main developers are said to be centered on early "Blade and Soul" developers.

The story is said to be finished.

However, the release date was not disclosed in detail.

They said they used an unreal engine.

P.S
I'm really sorry to use the translator.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Huh, interesting. But I'm totally on board with MMO/Mobile companies using some of that cash to fund projects like this. I hope it goes over well.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
That butt jiggle lol.

Still, I'm interested to see what comes of this. I'd like to see more AAA games from more cultures.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
I'm defenitley interested in Korean single player games. Korean MMOS usually have great presentation and great gameplay loop that is hampered by heavy monetisation that hurts the whole experience.

Edit: just watched to the end of the vid and got flash backs to Automata, completely unnecessary.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That's one stupid character design and butt jiggle.
Will be interesting to see what they actually do as a game.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
There is Q&A at the end of the article and I like these tidbits (google translation) :

A new console is scheduled for release, but is Project Eve planning to support the new console?

Kim Hyungtae: According to the information we got about the new console, we can fully cope with the development method now. It will be developed for all next-generation platforms and is also very positive for new platforms such as Steam, Epic Store, and Google Stadia.

We are recruiting development personnel. How many people are currently working on Project Eve and how many people will be recruited?

Kim Hyeongtae: There are more than 10 developers in Eve, and they are progressing more than they thought because they are sharing the basic vision and continuing their initial development. However, since it is a AAA-grade title and requires a lot of manpower, we will eventually have over 100 employees. It is competitiveness because it is a workforce sharing a vision that is small but sufficiently reliable than Blade & Soul.

â—Ź Describe the play features of both projects more.

[...]

Kim Hyungtae: Eve is a semi-open world game, with an instance of the zone method for events and an open world for main play. The most influenced games are the new games 'God of War' and 'Near Automata', which have been influenced by the game and have evolved the play of the game and also developed the advantages of Blade & Soul development.

Instead of continuing straight through the game, we want to give the impression that we are exploring the destroyed earth in Open World.

Eve has excellent graphic quality. And I have put in a lot of technical facilities because.

Kim Hyungtae: I have a deep connection with Epic. It has been about 20 years since 2000. We are getting a lot of comrades in technology development. In order to apply the technology to the next generation, and to set up a separate development studio, the purpose is to develop more efficient and excellent.

Our development studio is very cool and familiar with the latest technology. I think that this studio has been designed and built with the assumption that we have the environment to develop the game we want.

If the project EVE is over, the story is as important as it is, and the console game has a high demand for the story completeness. What do you think about scenarios and which emotions, experiences, and themes are you focusing on?

Kim Hyungtae: The scenario is mostly completed, and if you tell the story, it will become a spoiler. Simply put, I think that humankind and simulacrum can be somewhat cliched, but this theme is immortal forever. It seems to be a game that questions the gamer about the human self.

Global development is very important. Will localization be concurrent with development?

Kim, Hyungtae: Regarding localization, those who are currently involved are participating in global modeling work. China, Western and so on. The background will be very diverse, and globalization will proceed as well. Of course, basically, it will develop in Korean and go toward localization.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
Very cool. I think there is a lot of talent in Korea. So I hope this pans out well.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Kim Hyung-Tae working on a console single player game! 100% day one even if the gameplay is trash.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool tech, absolutely atrocious character design. More otaku bait.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Haven't seen Kim Hyung Tae's design for some time. Looks exactly like what I expected from him lol. Facial animation is weird. Anyways feels like this will play similar to Nier:Automata or something.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
As soon as I saw the main character, I knew it's going to be a huge hit. Just like Nier Automata.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
It looks great to be honest, getting Nier vibes from it and the music which is no bad thing.

Not too sure about her buttocks being jiggling around on full show though....

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Those shoes look comfy

Start now and this game will come out 3 years too late for the console generation

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
If it has good combat im in.

But it also seems this game is many years away so its gonna be off my radar for now

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Blade & Soul developer. I only needed a few seconds into the trailer lol.

Anyway, B&S combat was pretty fun, too bad it's hampered by the nature of online game and latency. This game being single player is promising.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt be surprised if they just said fuck it and went Next gen only. No way they can't get that all those G R A P H I X on base consoles anyway.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
As soon as I saw the girls shoes my first thought was, oh I bet Kim Hyung-tae has designed her.
Then I read the rest of the OP. Hahaha. :D

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Blade & soul was pretty good when it came to combat, sort of surprised that they're interested in single player.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
holy shit that looks really good. Nier vibes coming from that trailer.

Zophop

Apr 12, 2018
I'm not a fan of gacha games or playing games on my phone in general but I've been hooked on Destiny Child for a while now so consider me super interested in this.