• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xs8wWyJ.jpg

Tracklist

1. The End Begins
2. Cold
3. You'll Never Find Me
4. The Darkness is Revealing
5. Idiosyncrasy
6. The Seduction Of Indulgence
7. Finally Free
8. Can You Hear Me
9. The Ringmaster
10. Gravity Of Discomfort
11. H@rd3r
12. This Loss
13. Surrender To Failure

Last several albums didn't do much for me, but still have a soft spot for this band so hoping this'll be good.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I completely forget this band exists. Getting nostalgia hearing the name because I was so obsessive over the nu metal craze 2 decades ago as teenager.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
Xs8wWyJ.jpg

Last several albums didn't do much for me, but still have a soft spot for this band so hoping this'll be good.

Same. Nu-Metal is what it is, and I can't really go back to any of it EXCEPT these guys. Korn is my musical comfort food. For better or worse, they changed the game.

Although, I thought the last album was some of their best stuff since Take A Look In The Mirror. They seemed rejuvenated.

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who hasn't listened to Korn in a long time, it sure seems like they absolutely pump albums out. Seems like I hear about them putting out a new album every other year if not more often than that.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't noticed anything from Korn in what feels like 20 years.

I'm almost tempted to dip my toe back in.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been listening to their older albums again not long ago, they hold up surprisingly well. Not all their newer material is good, mind, but I feel like they still have a place in the musical scene, as they still have a recognizable style and mood even despite taking plenty of clues from the standard nu metal stuff.

And as controversial as that album was, their project with the likes of Skrillex, Feed Me, Noisia and so on was straight fire tbh.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Their last album was great, quality wise it was almost at Issues levels which in my opinion is still their best album to date.. looking forward to the new album, even though this new song isn't as strong as were the first two singles from last album (Rotting in Vain, Insane)

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who hasn't listened to Korn in a long time, it sure seems like they absolutely pump albums out. Seems like I hear about them putting out a new album every other year if not more often than that.
They usually average a 3 year cycle. I think the exception was that awkward period after Untitled; took them four years between touring and finding a new band member to get going, then they did The Path Of Totality as a gimmick, then they rushed back into the studio after Head got recruited back.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been listening to their older albums again not long ago, they hold up surprisingly well. Not all their newer material is good, mind, but I feel like they still have a place in the musical scene, as they still have a recognizable style and mood even despite taking plenty of clues from the standard nu metal stuff.

And as controversial as that album was, their project with the likes of Skrillex, Feed Me, Noisia and so on was straight fire tbh.

I have to say the old Skrillex style is so outdated sounding. I don't think that song holds up at all.

He has progressed so much as a producer.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say the old Skrillex style is so outdated sounding. I don't think that song holds up at all.

He has progressed so much as a producer.

I agree that he evolved a lot, and indeed most of the 2010-2012 dubstep doesn't hold up from a production standpoint, but in an odd way those early mainstream US sounds somehow mix oddly well with nu metal, considering that's also largely outdated and nostalgic.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's pretty apparent that Head is the single person in this band who creates the classic Korn sound. They have been making awesome music since he returned.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Uhh? The only thing is that head video

5. "Illuminati" (feat. Excision & Downlink)
"I feel like Obama's an Illuminati puppet… it's basically dragged this country down into the worst it's ever been. 'You've built this house of shame' -- the White House used to be, everybody looked up at the White House and America and everything, and now I think it's like a house of shame."

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
New song is alright. I quite liked their previous album so I hope I like the other tracks on this album more than this one.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, nothing really impressive or memorable. Chorus gave me Alice in Chains vibe which is funny since they are going to tour with them. Just not a fan of the tacked on electronic sampling they've been doing since the dupstep shit. It's felt forced ever since. The last album was great including the first 2 singles. We'll see.

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I was listening to Issues again this week. Doesn't really hold up anymore. Then again I was never a huge Korn fan.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just heard that new song. Looks like they've really back to their old style. I've always loved KoRn, can't wait!

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Just released tonight and it's freaking great! Listened twice so far and loving damned near every track if not every one. A short start and end track aren't songs so much as an intro/outro. Other than that it's all fantastic.