• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France

One player controlling two characters was what most fascinated Taura, but the idea of including co-op did occur to him as he and his colleagues designed Astral Chain. "I thought as I was developing the game that, of course, it could be made into that kind of system where it could be split up, but generally what I wanted to do is have one player control two characters at the same time," he explained. "But the Switch actually has this great feature where, obviously, you can detach the Joy-Con and share play. We wanted to take advantage of that as well."

Taura compared it to Super Mario Galaxy, in which one player can collect star bits while the other plays as Mario. "But this game is different from that," Taura went on, "Because you don't just have one person doing assists. Both players actually have to put effort into controlling the characters and playing the game."

Source: https://kotaku.com/astral-chain-director-says-it-actually-can-be-two-playe-1835624876

Lock if old

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Astral Chain is pretty much the only reason that makes me want to speedrun these summer holydays.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
The second to fourth second in that gif looks a bit weird on the wolf Legion, think it's a combination of the rotation and the bite forward attack being almost instant.

OP
OP
Chaos17

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
Co-op may be tough sometimes since you need to be in sync with your playmate but in some fight you need to dodge as the character then use at same time your legion, co-op would be great in those moments, imo

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This in co-op with my friends? Yeah... No! They (and I myself as well) suck way to hard at this normally!

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds really cool! Reminds me of what Inaba said about interesting hardware being inspiring, instead of just more power.

Not a feature I'd ever use, but it sounds neat.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I already enjoyed Bayonetta a ton with only stone medals, I'll manage at least! :p

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to finally have clarification on this feature. I look forward to seeing how it goes when people try to use it!

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
This game looks awesome. I hope it sells well, as opposed to Bayonetta