• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
Hmm, unannounced project in alternate reality NY. Looks like Jason may be able to uncover more on that in the future.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
damn, 50 people is a hefty number. Hope everyone lays in their feet quick as possible, luckily Canada is still a booming place for development.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Sounds like the Knights of Aegis game that was cancelled.

Sad to hear about the layoffs. Wish them the best of luck.

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I'm more surprised they're making another Dead Rising after the whole mess with 4. I think Dead Rising would actually benefit from a decrease in scope.
Best wishes to all of you laid off if any of you are reading. I hope you land on your feet.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually more shocked at the fact that there is actually another Dead Rising game in the making. Not to say that Dead Rising 4 was bad, but it certainly felt like it was lacking in comparison to DR3 in certain parts.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, unannounced project in alternate reality NY. Looks like Jason may be able to uncover more on that in the future.
It's this, no?

Jawmuncher said:
Knights of Aegis

1974, New York City. You are recruited into the Order of Aegis, an elite brotherhood of Mystic Knights sworn to protect and keep the peace between the mortal and supernatural realms.
When a powerful evil stirs in the darkness, you must master the ancient powers of the past in order to save humanity's future.

An Action Shooter with Elemental Magic Mastery
-Unlock an arsenal of modern weaponry and elemental spells. Become a master of the elements to defeat the most powerful creatures in the city.

A Detailed and Intriguing Campaign
-Uncover a poweful evil that is brewing in the darkness as you explore a rich narrative-driven world. Investigate crime scenes to piece together a case and bring the orchestrators to justice.

Guns & Magic Combat System
-Dual-wield elemental magic and modern guns and combine them to create a wide variety of powers to destroy your enemies, protect yourself from danger, and turn the enviroment to your advantage.

Classical Supernatural Creatures
-Battle renowned supernatural creatures like Werewolves, Angels, Goblins, and Demons. Identify their weaknesses to take them down, and prepare yourself to fight gargantuan monsters in your quest to vanquish evil from the world.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Sounds like Knights of Aegis is dead then. That was the title they would've been working on from what I knew. Perhaps we'll hear about it soon.

I'm more surprised Capcom is giving Dead Rising another chance. They've killed franchises for less. It scrapping last 1 million must've been just enough for Capcom to give it one more chance.

As long as it's back to roots "smaller scale & more interactivity" and isn't an exclusive. The series could get back on its legs.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
My guess it was another mega man game...

But yeah capcom made some baffling choices with the DR franchise.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I was really curious to hear more about Knights of Aegis. Bummed. I hope those laid off lands on their feet.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even after the stock increase and amazing sales?
MH was gonna sell no matter what, tho its selling better in the west then anyone expected, but MHW is a expensive HD title with a large marketing campaign, they arent getting all that much money compared to the infinitely cheaper MH4

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
RIP Knights of Aegis.

Too bad too, because it was probably the one prospect I was most interested in seeing what shape it would turn out to be. And I hope everyone else lands on their feet somewhere else.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I feel for all the devs that lost their jobs today. Hopefully they're able to land back on their feet without any trouble.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looking into Knights of Aegis after people mentioning it as I must have missed the leaks before, damn that game sounded cool. Sucks to hear about the people laid off and I hope they land back on their feet soon.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda feel like Capcom's decision making has greatly hamstrung their development process. maybe they do it themselves (just look at the recent DR games), but Capcom aint doing any favors by making the games exclusive to boot

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A shame.

From a business perspective it just seems publisher / console maker meddling has kneecapped Dead Rising since DR2's 360 exclusive DLCs.

Every chance it had to grow a audience was killed.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was expecting Knights of Aegis to be what Horizon was to Guerrilla Games. Seems like Capcom would rather keep Vancouver as a Dead Rising machine.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that Knights of Aegis got cancelled and yet new Dead Rising is still a thing...

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's a shame and I feel terribly sorry for the guys and gals at Capcom Vancouver...

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, that sucks, although I can't say I'm hugely surprised after 4's reception upon release on Xbox, and then the lack of, well, anything about the PS4 version. Hopefully those laid off find themselves back in work soon.

If there is going to be a next Dead Rising as the article indicates, I do at least hope they go back to the style of 1 or 2. I had my fun with 4, but it wasn't nearly as special as that first trip to Williamette Mall.

Dec 18, 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NOT DMC5. Oh, never mind. It's Capcom Vancouver.

I hope everyone affected by this can land on their feet. Sucks to hear.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
I kinda wish Dead Rising would be made by a Japanese developer. DR2 was solid and made by CapVan, but there was something really cool about seeing a Japanese parody of American culture with a gameplay style that had just enough Japanese jank to make it endearing.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
That sucks, was looking forward to see what else the studio could do since they've only been pumping out Dead Rising games for a while.