• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense these were rumored a long time ago along with the Dark Souls Remaster. If that was been confirmed the other ones pretty much are. I'd be curious if by the the time they do 3 they release a trilogy for the next consoles. 4k 60fps would be nuts.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
BloodBorne is 30fps?

Well, what amazing 30fps that was..... I haver DS3 but never plyed because some people told me it was slower and different than bloodborne. SO I'm afraid I won't like it. The first game on my ps4 that I really adored.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Where is this asspull that DOOM Switch didn't do well coming from?

Like, there's nothing that suggests that at all...

I mean, relatively speaking of course. The game didn't light up the charts when it released everywhere else either. I'm sure it did just fine for Bethesda's expectations.
Probably an inference from Bethesda not congratulating itself in sales. The inference is that indies are doing well and talking about it in releases and anyone not releasing PR statements about how well they are doing are selling terrible.

But look at FIFA. No PR statements until recently that it's doing decent.

My thought is that we don't know and most larger publishers/devs are being quiet. But Indies are doing well and getting the word out. They are actively building a market. Releasing a lot of games, thanking the community, interacting. But they have to. They can't bank on a 3 million unit seller. It's great. I love the competition and the effort by indies.

On topic: I'll buy them. Never played them but I'm interested.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
BloodBorne is 30fps?

Well, what amazing 30fps that was..... I haver DS3 but never plyed because some people told me it was slower and different than bloodborne. SO I'm afraid I won't like it. The first game on my ps4 that I really adored.
Well, it is slower, but not performance-wise, it actually seemed a little more solid to me, or maybe it's just the same but as you move slower, it's less noticeable.

Just because it's slower and different though, I don't get it? Surely you play tons of games that aren't like Bloodborne, seeing as DkS3 is literally the game most like Bloodborne ever made.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Well, it is slower, but not performance-wise, it actually seemed a little more solid to me, or maybe it's just the same but as you move slower, it's less noticeable.

Just because it's slower and different though, I don't get it? Surely you play tons of games that aren't like Bloodborne, seeing as DkS3 is literally the game most like Bloodborne ever made.

You can't understand because bloodborne has a really special place in my mind. I reeeeeeaaaally like it. Play something that's similar but worse... Maybe I'm crazy, but I want the game to have a special place in my memory. As soon as I finish Persona 5, DS3 will be my next game.

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This may sound odd, but achievement/trophy hunting is one of the main draws for me to keep coming back to Souls games. I really wish Nintendo would introduce their own similar system to enhance replayability.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
You can't understand because bloodborne has a really special place in my mind. I reeeeeeaaaally like it. Play something that's similar but worse... Maybe I'm crazy, but I want the game to have a special place in my memory. As soon as I finish Persona 5, DS3 will be my next game.
Oh, you are going to play it, that's cool.

I get what you mean, I just don't think it'd hurt your experience of Bloodborne. BB is my favourite game this generation, and I don't like DkS2 or 3 much at all.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
I will only get DS1 since ..... i kind of only get good at souls games after DS2 PS4 and i can't be bothered to hook up my 360 where i own DS1.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still conflicted as to whether to get these on PS4 or Switch... love the portability but it might be an odd experience for a game I get so intensely engrossed with as Souls. Guess I'll just wait for reviews.

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm still conflicted as to whether to get these on PS4 or Switch... love the portability but it might be an odd experience for a game I get so intensely engrossed with as Souls. Guess I'll just wait for reviews.

If you haven't already bought them for PS4, I can guarantee you those will be much cheaper than the Switch versions.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
BloodBorne is 30fps?

Well, what amazing 30fps that was.....
BB drops below 30 pretty often. Still, it's one of my favorites ever and further proof that 60fps or die is just a dumb way to look at gaming. Sure, it would be better if it was 60 but anyone who calls that game unplayable is out of their minds.

As far as DS3 goes, the combat is solid but if the story, lore and world building of BB are important to you I think DS3 will be a letdown. Only Demon's and Dark are up there with Bloodborne in that respect.

On the other hand, if tough bosses are your thing DS3 is overall better. Several amazing fights in that game (though Orphan of Kos is still my favorite).

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably an inference from Bethesda not congratulating itself in sales. The inference is that indies are doing well and talking about it in releases and anyone not releasing PR statements about how well they are doing are selling terrible.

But look at FIFA. No PR statements until recently that it's doing decent.

My thought is that we don't know and most larger publishers/devs are being quiet. But Indies are doing well and getting the word out. They are actively building a market. Releasing a lot of games, thanking the community, interacting. But they have to. They can't bank on a 3 million unit seller. It's great. I love the competition and the effort by indies.

On topic: I'll buy them. Never played them but I'm interested.

FIFA (if it doesn't get an updated sequel), DOOM and Skyrim will all sell throughout the life of the Switch imo much like Nintendo games. They will all end up at 1 million+.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
BloodBorne is 30fps?

Lol, have you ever played a 60fps game before?

Also, if you want an example of a really smooth 30fps game that feels higher than that, play Horizon Zero Dawn.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's good they are not released as a bundle. Giving them separate release days gives each game a chance to attract a multiplayer community around launch. Launching them all at once would needlessly split the community between the games

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, FROM just announced Switch is actually capable of running the pre-downgrade version that PC/PS4/XB1 couldn't. Dark Souls 2: Need Torch To See Shit Edition exclusive to Switch.

Dark Souls 2 will probably released in similar fashion to Dark Souls Remastered. Meaning not actually a Switch exclusive and reworked/optimized for current systems.

So yes there's a chance we'll get a predowngrade version on the capable consoles and I'm sure the Switch version will do just fine.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Dark Souls 2 will probably released in similar fashion to Dark Souls Remastered. Meaning not actually a Switch exclusive and reworked/optimized for current systems.

So yes there's a chance we'll get a predowngrade version on the capable consoles and I'm sure the Switch version will do just fine.
No chance. PS4/XBO already has SotFS. They won't release a second Remaster on the same systems, that would be insane.

Also, this 'pre-downgrade' version is never going to happen. That whole lighting model was dropped, and it wasn't even reinstated when being released on consoles that were colossally more powerful. They're not going to reinstate/complete it for a Switch version.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BloodBorne is 30fps?

Every souls game but Scholar of the First Sin on console is 30fps. None of them are stable, too.

GreatestHits

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome. I was about to start up DS3 on PC but may have to wait for Switch. Portable Souls. Thats some intense novelty.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Easy, get Dark SOULS 3 on anything but Switch.
The rest depends if you like solid 60fps framerate or portability, its also possible the Switch game is not going to be as changed ala L.A Noir

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No chance. PS4/XBO already has SotFS. They won't release a second Remaster on the same systems, that would be insane.

Also, this 'pre-downgrade' version is never going to happen. That whole lighting model was dropped, and it wasn't even reinstated when being released on consoles that were colossally more powerful. They're not going to reinstate/complete it for a Switch version.

SotFS is a remaster? Didn't they just add new content and update the graphics to current consoles? I would say it's more of a Game of the Year edition than a 'remaster'.

A actual remaster like Dark Souls is using the DS3 engine. So I don't see why they won't explore bringing back the lighting system if they're actually gonna bother selling it as a remaster (hypothetically).

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
SotFS is a remaster? Didn't they just add new content and update the graphics to current consoles? I would say it's more of a Game of the Year edition than a 'remaster'.

A actual remaster like Dark Souls is using the DS3 engine. So I don't see why they won't explore bringing back the lighting system if they're actually gonna bother selling it as a remaster (hypothetically).
The term remaster has been used for all sorts of things. Dark Souls 2 being a remaster is a tough call because they did change a bunch of stuff, but technologically what they did was the same thing GTAV did, or TLoU, or the Uncharted Trilogy, or any of the other traditionally labelled 'Remaster'.

I don't know of a single remaster that has changed engines, and I don't believe for a second that DkS has changed engines, we shall see.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The twist: Early rumor was a misunderstanding, FROM is actually doing the DS3 Switch port with the DS1 engine. :lol

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I guess. Looks like the remaster/porting trend is going to continue heavily even on to the Nintendo Switch :-\

Ugh. Can anybody actually point out some negatives about porting/remasters?

On topic I'm rather excited to get the trilogy on Switch. I haven't finished 1 and I never played 2 or 3.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Ugh. Can anybody actually point out some negatives about porting/remasters?

On topic I'm rather excited to get the trilogy on Switch. I haven't finished 1 and I never played 2 or 3.
I've never understand the disdain for remasters.

I think Nintendo over-charge for their remasters, in the UK at least. Bayo is full price. That's absurd. In the UK Wind Waker was too.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa

That would be pretty funny if Worst Souls got remastered twice and was still the worst one.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
They'll make bank with Dark Souls on the switch 4 times at the very least.

1, 2, 3, trilogy. 4 SKUs, all 40€ upwards. ka-ching

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to/may start a thread on this, but have we heard anymore info on this and is there any possibility that From's next teased titled will also make it's way to Switch?

The thought of Dark Souls on the go has me thirsty.