• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
You'll soon be able to transfer your Destiny 2 progress between multiple platforms: Xbox, PC, and the streaming service Google Stadia, on which the popular loot shooter will launch this fall. PlayStation 4 remains up in the air.

Right now, switching from console to PC for Destiny 2 means starting from scratch, as there's no way to transfer your characters or progress. But this morning, data-miners discovered an image with "cross-save" on it, getting fans' hopes up that Bungie's online shooter will allow players to move characters across platforms soon. It's true, and it will be announced tomorrow during a Bungie livestream at 1pm ET.

We've heard all this from four people familiar with Bungie's plans, two of whom confirmed that Bungie will announce cross-save tomorrow during its Destiny 2livestream. Those two also said the company wasn't yet sure whether PS4 would be part of it. (Sony didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.)

Come on Sony

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine how screwed up gaming will be when this sort of thing is the future: streaming only, unfinished games at launch, paid expansions, microtransaction economies, and mechanics programmed to nurture addictive behavior for longer engagement.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine how screwed up gaming will be when this sort of thing is the future: streaming only, unfinished games at launch, paid expansions, microtransaction economies, and mechanics programmed to nurture addictive behavior for longer engagement.
Won't happen in the forseeble future. There will always be offline finished games as long as there is demand.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Good thing Destiny is a great game.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

The other side of that proposition is that people will be able to play their favorite games anyway they like, on any device they like, without having to spend endless hours replaying the same content.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cross saves would be a huge step forward for me. Being able to alternate between playing on the couch and PC would bring me back.

However, I mainly play on ps4.

Sony, please be pro consumer about something for once and let me have this.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this doesn't happen with Sony, even though they are my preferred platform, I will never buy a multiplatform game on their system again.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how it would work with PS4 exclusive gear being on other consoles.
I would assume they would be grayed out if you're not playing on PS4, same thing that happens when people accidentally got a PS4-exclusive weapon on PC and Xbox. In hindsight, said accident may have been related to them testing this.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
If Sony continues to be snobs about this while the rest of the platforms unite then I'm probably not gonna get the PS5. We had Bloodborne but besides that there's nothing I needed to play on PS4 anyway.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS DEFEAT THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS TO WIN THEIR FIRST NBA TITLE

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't doubt PS4 not being a part of it, but Sony isn't going to comment on something that hasn't been revealed yet.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how it would work with PS4 exclusive gear being on other consoles.

The gear should (hopefully) come to other platforms this fall anyway, as it would be one year of exclusivity, like previous exclusive content.

Ideally, since Bungo is no longer with Activision (who probably are the ones behind the exclusivity deal), the Forsaken stuff from last year would be the last exclusive deal in Destiny.

But who knows. Bungo might very well continue it, and we may not see the content open up for even longer. Wouldn't be the first time Bungo has done such a thing...

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Until Sony feels financial pressure to share their player base with other consoles they aren't gonna want to do this kind of thing. Why would they?

I guarantee you 90% of the people who are going to complain about this already own PS4s.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Until Sony feels financial pressure to share their player base with other consoles they aren't gonna want to do this kind of thing. Why would they?

I guarantee you 90% of the people who are going to complain about this already own PS4s.

That's the issue lol. It hurts us as PlayStation players cause Sony thinks they are better than others.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

They have no reason to, it'd just make them a shitty company is all (more than they already are in this particular area).

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Shit forgot about stadia... if I can play destiny on my iPad that would be sweet. Thankfully I have a pc guy that's good to go.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
I hope cross-save support is standard for multiplatform games on Stadia. I'm fairly skeptical about it as a platform, but that feature is probably the strongest selling point for me.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Well yeah, PS4 players complain because they can't use crosssave/crossplay.
Not sure I get your point there.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Great. So don't play them until you deem them finished. Millions of people played Ark before release and millions do now. Yet, One could fairly argue that the game is still unfinished.
I mean I don't judge anyone who does. It's just a shitty trend for me that I avoid. I also don't like GaaS. There is room for both type of games though.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I hope not too much else leaks. Being a new player they need the impact of the announcements.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it feels like gaming is going down a path of iterated and refined exploitation, and it's seriously alarming. I wish this medium wasn't so fueled by capitalism and greed.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah, PS4 players complain because they can't use crosssave/crossplay.
Not sure I get your point there.

My point is that Sony isn't gonna stop doing this unless people stop buying and using the PS4. They don't have any financial reason to do so. People complaining about it online is fine, but if Sony never feels any real pressure to cede the point they never will.

It's like asking Coke to allow restaurants to sell Pepsi as well as Coke. Why should they?

I 100% want cross play but I also realize that business is business and Sony is gonna need to feel that heat first.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people arguing about Gaas in here?

Cross saves and cross play need to be standards for games like this, imo. Cross saves is a step in the right direction, at least

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sony continuing to drag everything down.

Yeah guys, why don't you consider the MONEY before you ask for things?

Jeez, it's like some of you have no sense!

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Grinding Destiny on iPad would be a game-changer, especially if they have running at 60 FPS. Come to think about it, there are so many games on iPad that would make Stadia worth it.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My point is that Sony isn't gonna stop doing this unless people stop buying and using the PS4. They don't have any financial reason to do so. People complaining about it online is fine, but if Sony never feels any real pressure to cede the point they never will.

It's like asking Coke to allow restaurants to sell Pepsi as well as Coke. Why should they?

I 100% want cross play but I also realize that business is business and Sony is gonna need to feel that heat first.

There is always the one guy who feels the need to state these obvious things.

Tenumi

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
It's really gonna suck if the cross save stuff isn't going to be available for PS4 users. I'd been interested in moving to PC, but not at the expense of starting over.

Status
Not open for further replies.