• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Odd they wouldn't save this news for a direct. Unless it is coming in the next two months

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is kinda strange, just because it's leaked elsewhere usually doesn't mean an embargo is lifted. Most embargoes will embargo the embargo duration.

Embargo.

Sites like Kotaku can shield themselves by sourcing the site that leaked. They aren't technically breaking embargo in this case. All the game info comes directly from the Forbes article. Maybe revealing it's being announced tomorrow goes beyond that, but I doubt Blizzard and Nintendo are going to care at this point.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Talk about Psychic!! I was literally thinking about this on my ride to work in the morning. Giant Bomb was talking about Wow, and I thought winder when they'll announce Diablo for Switch. LOL. What timing.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sites like Kotaku can shield themselves by souring the site that leaked. They aren't technically breaking embargo in this case. All the game info comes directly from the Forbes article.

Not the embargo lift date. I guess maybe that wasn't under this current embargo though.

God I'm getting sick of typing that word.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a mini-direct is incoming? Dates for 3DS games, and a surprise or 2(such as this).

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who says Kotaku is under NDA?
Then moral of the story which my original post was pointing was... they didnt know until someone else said and did "investigative journalism"

Its kind of like how someone said, Star Fox Grand Prix is a real game by retro, 30 sites comment "Yeah its true, its real!" yet didnt say anything before it was leaked but all apparently have a source. 75 days later, nobody has nothing new or different to share than what they "knew".

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
So either there is no Direct. Or the Direct appears less than a day before official announcement.

Would think something like this would warrant a Direct...

Status
Not open for further replies.