• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Bethesda launched Fallout 76 one year ago today, and almost everything that could go wrong did. And yet 12 months later it's still around, still getting updates, and full of players who remain willing to pour their best and most creative energies into trying to make it an interesting and wondrous place.
It's been a long road up to this point, though, and the end of it feels too far away to comprehend. Here's a look at everything that happened to get Fallout 76 to this point.

I just read this now and thought it was a good summary of what has happened to FO76 since launch.

If already a thread, sorry.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
I think that the world is probably what holds it together, there are some really cool areas and it's fun to explore.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
caveat with the game is you have to be down with Fallout 4's explore --> loot --> craft cycle.

i quite enjoyed it for about six months. divorced from controversy it's quite alright but damn it could get boring as fuck after awhile.

Th3BranMan

Nov 8, 2017
I think that the world is probably what holds it together, there are some really cool areas and it's fun to explore.
This right here.

Only reason I continue to play is because of how rewarding exploration can be. Untold stories to be uncovered everywhere you look. It's Bethesda's signature formula, and despite the drawbacks of the entire package, the world saves this game.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
From the outside it seems like this game has been a complete disaster but at least there's a lot of passionate players which is more than you can say about Anthem.