• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

[Kotaku] Former Gearbox Lawyer Accuses CEO Randy Pitchford Of Taking Secret $12 Million Bonus In Lawsuit Gearbox Calls 'Absurd'

samred

Editor @ Ars Technica
Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

On Monday, Ars obtained the formal October 27, 2018, filing made by former Gearbox general counsel Wade Callender. Its existence suggests that Gearbox's November lawsuit could be retaliation for his claim with the Texas Workforce Commission's Civil Rights Division. It alleges that Gearbox (and CEO Randy Pitchford in particular) engaged in "harassment, discipline, inequitable terms and conditions, and discharge" due to an employee being Christian.

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Pitchford would state that my religious beliefs were retarded and indicative of a broken brain. Mr. Pitchford would often visit my office with gifts ridiculing Christianity.

I reported the harassing and hostile work environment that was created by Mr. Pitchford to the Human Relations Department, but no disciplinary or corrective actions were taken. After reporting the harassment to the HR department, it appears that Mr. Pitchford's harassment became more severe.
What the actual fuck.

Also, if he reported this to HR, there's likely a paper trail. Unless the guy is completely off his rocker, there's probably a fire where all this smoke is coming from.

Oct 25, 2017
London
Thank you.

This thread suddenly got so damn embarrassing, I swear. The outraged grandstanding about "kink-shaming" was some of the cringiest things I've read on this forum, and I've seen some shit.
If an employee did what Pitchford has admitted doing, they'd be disciplined or even sacked. It's highly inappropriate behavior, regardless of whether it's legal.