• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

[Kotaku] Former Gearbox Lawyer Accuses CEO Randy Pitchford Of Taking Secret $12 Million Bonus In Lawsuit Gearbox Calls 'Absurd'

samred

Editor @ Ars Technica
Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

On Monday, Ars obtained the formal October 27, 2018, filing made by former Gearbox general counsel Wade Callender. Its existence suggests that Gearbox's November lawsuit could be retaliation for his claim with the Texas Workforce Commission's Civil Rights Division. It alleges that Gearbox (and CEO Randy Pitchford in particular) engaged in "harassment, discipline, inequitable terms and conditions, and discharge" due to an employee being Christian.

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is messing with my head. Because I see the name, and it's David Eddings who wrote one or my favorite fantasy series growing up.

Seeing as the author is I'm sure, much more famous. I guess he just doesn't have a Twitter.
He's been deceased for quite a while now, so the name was an easy get.

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Pitchford would state that my religious beliefs were retarded and indicative of a broken brain. Mr. Pitchford would often visit my office with gifts ridiculing Christianity.

I reported the harassing and hostile work environment that was created by Mr. Pitchford to the Human Relations Department, but no disciplinary or corrective actions were taken. After reporting the harassment to the HR department, it appears that Mr. Pitchford's harassment became more severe.
What the actual fuck.

Also, if he reported this to HR, there's likely a paper trail. Unless the guy is completely off his rocker, there's probably a fire where all this smoke is coming from.

Oct 25, 2017
London
Thank you.

This thread suddenly got so damn embarrassing, I swear. The outraged grandstanding about "kink-shaming" was some of the cringiest things I've read on this forum, and I've seen some shit.
If an employee did what Pitchford has admitted doing, they'd be disciplined or even sacked. It's highly inappropriate behavior, regardless of whether it's legal.

Nov 21, 2018
Sorry but are there any updates on this?
It feels like the whole thing disappeared entirely, but there were serious and nasty stuff involved.