• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
So really you pay more to beta test for people buying on Normal release, who then beta test for everyone who waits 6 weeks to get the game at a reasonable price.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Shadow of TR yesterday and for $47 at that on PC. My enjoyment from that game isn't impacted whatsoever by people who paid more to play it earlier than it's release window. So what.

moose84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean just because gamers like making fun of a game for visual glitches doesn't mean they don't have fun and support games that aren't in the top tier of graphics.

Gamers literally destroyed Andromeda because of the graphics. It failed because of the uproar about facial and character animations. So yeah, scaling back the graphical fidelity of games to halt the non-profitibility of big games isn't going to happen anytime soon.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Look, I'm going to blow your mind:

You were always able to buy a game on day 1 at full price or wait a few weeks for used/discounts/deals.
It was always about paying more to play earlier.

At some point some publisher probably thought " Seeing as day 2 or 3 are jot good enough for gamers we should try asking for an extra to play the game on day -3...holy shit, they're actually buying it lol!!"

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamers literally destroyed Andromeda because of the graphics. It failed because of the uproar about facial and character animations. So yeah, scaling back the graphical fidelity of games to halt the non-profitibility of big games isn't going to happen anytime soon.
This doesn't really disprove what I said, scaled back visuals/graphics, and bad animations are different things.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
As long as people are impatient enough to buy it then, well fuck it. I can't blame them lol. It's not like the publishers are dropping copies down your chimney like a Santa Claus who steals all your groceries on the way out. Just... Wait 4 days people.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I would only consider paying an extra to play early for stuff I'm REALLY into.
Hence, I do that all the time with Final Fantasy XIV's expansions.

I would also consider it with:
Any other major FF or KH game.
Probably some of the Sony 1st party games.

But that's pretty much it. I couldn't care less about the rest.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does the staggered release hurt a game like Forza? I checked the amazon and found Forza Horizon 4 at the following rankings...

#192 Standard Edition - October 2nd

#82 Ultimate Edition - September 28

#3,399 Deluxe - October 2nd

GP aside I think tiered release date is breaking the momentum at retail.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
So I noticed a few games are/had early releasing on Tuesday, then the full release 3 days later. Honestly, having the full release before the weekend works better for me, since I have more time to play then.