• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
If you're anything familiar on how SaaS offerings work, it needs huge cloud infrastructure to make it happen. How do gamers on almost any device (mobile, console, pc, etc) on any network able to access their content, games, account, etc? It's quite damn complex and on top of that if you have a game across different ecosystems (ie xbox live + nintendo online services) further creates headaches.

You need a super robust and industry leading cloud architecture in order to do that. Azure is near the top when it comes to cloud and it took years to get it where it is now with billions of invested.

Sony / Nintento cannot just 'buy' their way into this. They cannot simply just say buy AWS and make this work, it's not that straight forward. Unless they have been secretly brewing this for years, we won't see their equivalent for awhile.

lmao that's some seriously strong koolaid you've been chugging.

The entire point of AWS and it's tiny competitor Azure is that yes, anyone indeed can just buy their way in to the services they provide!

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
We shall see. The AA-tier isn't the area where MS really has to prove.

They want these mid-sized studios for Game Pass content, so leaving them alone to make unique content makes sense for that strategy, until they eventually pump more money in and they become a bigger investment. It's about the long-term and we'll have to wait and see if they follow through and what the health and reputation of the studio is like in the long-term. It's a good start, at the very least.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
343i?
The Coalition?
Turn 10?

They built these from the ground up.

Bungie left Microsoft as one of the best developers in the world and Playground Games was acquired having partnered with Turn 10 in all their games.......they are the best at their craft.

Every publisher has bad stories, every publisher closes down studios. It is part of the job description.
I guess there is an argument to be made here objectively but none of those studios do much for me. I certainly wouldn't put them on the level of a Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, or Tokyo EPD.

Also, 343i and The Coalition are only notable for continuing IP created by other developers...

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It's a good start but they're still miles behind Sony when it comes to exclusives still, hopefully by mid next gen these new studios will be putting out some quality. I still think they're missing one or two studios that make games like Naughty Dog or Santa Monica.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I guess there is an argument to be made here objectively but none of those studios do much for me. I certainly wouldn't put them on the level of a Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, or Tokyo EPD.
Turn 10 and Playground Games are absolutely on that level. They are the masters of all they survey, much in the way that Naughty Dog and Tokyo EPD are.

SSM have made two good games in the last decade and are nowhere near the same pedigree.

Turn 10 took on Polyphony Digital and Gran Turismo, a company given infinite time and budget and the highest selling Playstation exclusive series of all time, and over the course of a decade outdid them. Playground Games took up that baton and proceeded to beat Need for Speed over the head with it.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Na. Phil's been righting the ship now for, quite literally years. Great X support, incredible BC initiatives, very pro cross platform; the whole nine is covered man. I didn't say they've bested anyone else, but they got their shit together, again, years ago. I can say such a thing so authoritatively because such a thing is a fact; Phil's been doing an incredible job with Xbox since 2014, that's four years brethren, so yes, their shit has been together for years, but that doesn't make a messy launch that was owed to Mattrick's idiotic ass suddenly disappear. It's incredibly difficult to heal from such a messy launch, but the Xbox of going on five years now is not that Xbox, and it's exhausting to see people like you conflating current, and even recent past Xbox with the Xbox of 2012/2013 when they are, in many regards, completely different companies. Also, Xbox has had incredible profits this generation, regardless of how they've compared to Switch or PS4, and Satya Nadella is very happy with Xbox's growth and revenue, so your claim that this is a "lost generation" is simply absolute nonsense that seems to be motivated purely by console wars bs. XBox is making Microsoft plenty of money, it's very profitable, it's seeing great growth, and the new initiatives have all been massive hits, so I think it's time you review what a "lost generation" is.
It takes a lot of time to develop games. Even more time to put together a group of first party development studios, when your predecessor has decimated them. The Mattrick regime did so much damage to the Xbox infrastructure that it is taking years to undo the near-fatal mistakes that were made. You can't release a new slate of first party titles and make your existing console more powerful overnight. The awful decision to only focus on Halo/Gears/Forza was from previous management. Phil Spencer can only do so much in the time he has had, and the things he has done with first party games will bear little to no fruit for this generation of Xbox, just because it's a time thing. They dropped the ball with first party games this generation, and there's no amount of mental gymnastics that can suggest otherwise.

Spencer knew there was a problem in this regard, but fixing it takes time. Xbox's shit was so not together to such an extreme degree that it's made this a lost generation for them. When we had the last E3 and we had Sony and Nintendo both crushing it with first party games, even Xbox diehard Tim Dog admitted that if MS didnt have anything to show outside Halo/Gears/Forza, that MS would have ceded this generation to Sony's PS4. That is exactly what happened.

Last edited:

Agent Orange

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
Not if exclusive content is your main driver to buying a system (which is why the Switch is about to tank the Xbox One despite the huge time gap in release). MS has finally made some moves there but those will not be Xbox One deciding factors.
hasn't the Switch sales walked off a cliff? I thought there was a thread on here a while back that they are to adjust their expectations as they were not going to be anywhere near it this year. Maybe I am misremembering that or confusing with something else.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
hasn't the Switch sales walked off a cliff? I thought there was a thread on here a while back that they are to adjust their expectations as they were not going to be anywhere near it this year. Maybe I am misremembering that or confusing with something else.

Switch is selling extremely well when you align it against basically any launch, the sales have stunted a bit with basically no major releases, but that should change very soon. By next year the Switch will likely have outsold the Xbox one entirely despite not having any relevant third party support.

Agent Orange

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
I hope they try and push some more Japanese exclusives as well. That was the coolest time for Xbox was when they had a lot of Sega support.
I am surprised that Xbox hasn't been able to get some of the older Japanese games on to GamePass. It seems like the perfect way for them to generate some revenue off of older games and create more engagement from the Xbox community with their games. Ad let's be honest, there is a huge catalog of games that could be added here for the first time on Xbox.

Feb 10, 2018
It takes a lot of time to develop games. Even more time to put together a group of first party development studios, when your predecessor has decimated them. The Mattrick regime did so much damage to the Xbox infrastructure that it is taking years to undo the near-fatal mistakes that were made. You can't release a new slate of first party titles and make your existing console more powerful overnight. The awful decision to only focus on Halo/Gears/Forza was from previous management. Phil Spencer can only do so much in the time he has had, and the things he has done with first party games will bear little to no fruit for this generation of Xbox, just because it's a time thing. They dropped the ball with first party games this generation, and there's no amount of mental gymnastics that can suggest otherwise.

Spencer knew there was a problem in this regard, but fixing it takes time. Xbox's shit was so not together to such an extreme degree that it's made this a lost generation for them. When we had the last E3 and we had Sony and Nintendo both crushing it with first party games, even Xbox diehard Tim Dog admitted that if MS didnt have anything to show outside Halo/Gears/Forza, that MS would have ceded this generation to Sony's PS4. That is exactly what happened.

If MS can sell 50million consoles in a gen where there shit is a mess, imagine what they can do with there shit together.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I am surprised that Xbox hasn't been able to get some of the older Japanese games on to GamePass. It seems like the perfect way for them to generate some revenue off of older games and create more engagement from the Xbox community with their games. Ad let's be honest, there is a huge catalog of games that could be added here for the first time on Xbox.

It def couldn't hurt at all, it's mainly why I don't care about GamePass personally, it doesn't really offer the games I want and I'm more of a rather spend my money on a few good games then play everything kind of gamer anyway.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
lmao that's some seriously strong koolaid you've been chugging.

The entire point of AWS and it's tiny competitor Azure is that yes, anyone indeed can just buy their way in to the services they provide!

The cloud market is much more expensive option that Sony and Nintendo probably don't have enough resources. You need place servers around the globe to reduce latency.

Agent Orange

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
Switch is selling extremely well when you align it against basically any launch, the sales have stunted a bit with basically no major releases, but that should change very soon. By next year the Switch will likely have outsold the Xbox one entirely despite not having any relevant third party support.
I think you are overestimating the Switch. I couldn't find what I thought I read but I found this link:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/

which shows as of 9/30/2018 they have sold 22.86 million units. which means since May of this year they have sold about 2.2 million units. They originally projected to sell 20 million units this year alone but revised that to just 7! Don't get me wrong, it is not doing poorly but it has been a big drop off from what they originally expected.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I think you are overestimating the Switch. I couldn't find what I thought I read but I found this link:

which shows as of 9/30/2018 they have sold 22.86 million units. which means since May of this year they have sold about 2.2 million units. They originally projected to sell 20 million units this year alone but revised that to just 7! Don't get me wrong, it is not doing poorly but it has been a big drop off from what they originally expected.

They haven't revised their forecast for this FY.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I'll wait until we get products from these studios and see if Microsoft actually let's them thrive and not force then to do things. A studio that has creative control as minimal intrusion from the parent company (aside from money and project management) will usually produce great games for us as consumers

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
Turn 10 and Playground Games are absolutely on that level. They are the masters of all they survey, much in the way that Naughty Dog and Tokyo EPD are.

SSM have made two good games in the last decade and are nowhere near the same pedigree.
This must be bizzaro timeline.

Turn 10 took on Polyphony Digital and Gran Turismo, a company given infinite time and budget and the highest selling Playstation exclusive series of all time, and over the course of a decade outdid them. Playground Games took up that baton and proceeded to beat Need for Speed over the head with it.
agree to disagree. Turn 10 has always been playing the catching game, and Pholyphony D. may take years and years, but when their games do come out, they thrumph the competition in what they tackle (driving physics, visuals, online). So yhea, Outdid? Only by outnumbering and diluting most of the accomplishments they had with "guess what year is next year? another forza sequel year that looks so very much the same as last year."

Agent Orange

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
It def couldn't hurt at all, it's mainly why I don't care about GamePass personally, it doesn't really offer the games I want and I'm more of a rather spend my money on a few good games then play everything kind of gamer anyway.
There is nothing wrong with that. I still bought SoD2 even though I have gamepass, but I may not do that in the future. They have done a good job of adding stuff that interests me that I will probably just use gamepass going forward. I was very happy to see Mutant Year Zero will be launching in gamepass when it comes out. It is stuff like this that will make it a great service for me between the 1st party offerings.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
If MS can sell 50million consoles in a gen where there shit is a mess, imagine what they can do with there shit together.

I'm not sure they gonna pass 50 because the only two markets they got are america and england, both markets in which they are outsold by one or both of the competition. I mean we already know the floor for the Xbox Brand is like mid 20's to late 30 millions because that is how much the OG XBox sold so the Xbox one just has to get over the OG hump and its okay for the most part but their peak sales where 360 sales when they could break 100 million against a weak playstion and somewhat weak nintendo( Wii started great but sales fell off a cliff miraculously hard).

I expect all future endevours of Xbox to do around 360 level or lower just because they don't have presence in emerging markets to compete like that.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
There is nothing wrong with that. I still bought SoD2 even though I have gamepass, but I may not do that in the future. They have done a good job of adding stuff that interests me that I will probably just use gamepass going forward. I was very happy to see Mutant Year Zero will be launching in gamepass when it comes out. It is stuff like this that will make it a great service for me between the 1st party offerings.

It's def a great value and service, I don't doubt that. Microsoft has been doing a lot to turn around their reputation and I love my Xbox One X in terms of hardware and power. Just would help to get some killer Japanese exclusives like they had with Scalebound.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a smart move on Xbox' part. Buy up studios so that their games are exclusives, but let them make the same games they would if they weren't exclusives. That way you get awesome games without junk crammed in that are only on your console.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

I think you may be quite confused, do you think the Switch will not be over 30 million units sold by the time January hits?

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
Their moves have got my attention after I gave up on the Xbox. It'll take a few years to pick the fruit, but everyone should hope it turns out with great games.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's def a great value and service, I don't doubt that. Microsoft has been doing a lot to turn around their reputation and I love my Xbox One X in terms of hardware and power. Just would help to get some killer Japanese exclusives like they had with Scalebound.

Join me in prayers of Microsoft acquiring Mistwalker and Grounding Inc.

Believe!

Lost Odyssy 2 designed and produced by Mistwalker and co-developed with Atlus - believe!

Phantom Dust designed produced by Grounding Inc and co-developed with Platinum - believe!

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
you are correct they did not revise the forecast. That number, 7 million, is what they are on pace to sale by the end of this calendar year. I don't think Pokemon Let's Go and Smash will cause them to sell an additional 13 million units by March though.

Worldwide? There is no chance the switch only sells 7 million this calendar year worldwide. They may just miss the 20 million forecast but it won't be by nearly as much as your suggesting.

Agent Orange

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
I think you may be quite confused, do you think the Switch will not be over 30 million units sold by the time January hits?
no I do not. That would mean they would sell more consoles from today than they have the rest of the year. I do not see that. That would also mean they sell 7 million more from Jan-March to hit their forecast. I don't see that. Anecdotally everyone I know that will buy smash has it so I don't think that will be as big of a push as some people think And the Pokemon game isn't a mainline game. I just don't see it outselling the competition like that. I may be wrong and way off, but I don't think it will happen.

Agent Orange

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
Worldwide? There is no chance the switch only sells 7 million this calendar year worldwide. They may just miss the 20 million forecast but it won't be by nearly as much as your suggesting.
oh let me clarify, that & million is their current pace, not My number if I would guess. I would say they hit about 12-13 million for the FY. which would be double+ from where they currently are through March.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty important thing to note because that company as a whole reorganizes so many times there's no telling when things will change again for them.

Company is an incredible place money wise even with Xbox
I think the CEO has great job security and he has show he is behind this

Xbox made 3 billion last year ..I think they are okay

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Phil Spencer made a significant mistake when he turned down Crysis. There are some question marks about how being released for Xbox 360 Day 1 might have hurt the game, but Crysis is a masterpiece and it's the kind of game Spencer should have seen the value in. Instead, he turned the game down and several years later approached Crytek again to have them make a Kinect game, Ryse, which of course was scrapped and rebooted as a third person game. Ryse is pretty good. But Crysis is far better. And what it all is rooted in was Spencer back in 2006 having this "We have Halo, so why do we need genre variety?" mentality that plagued Microsoft during the mid to late 2000s. (They didn't have this problem with the original Xbox where games like Doom 3 and HL2 and Counter Strike and Far Cry were Xbox exclusive by merit of the hardware. They got a lot of free exclusives, basically.)

In the past I've mentioned that MS funding a new Crysis that takes the series to a whole new level would be a fantastic game to woo the PC audience because there's so much residual love for the sandbox combat of the series. But at the time I wasn't aware that Crytek offered Crysis to Microsoft back in the day and Spencer turned it down. I can only hope that MS, and Spencer in particular, are more open minded about games now. Their willingness to buy multiple CRPG studios suggests that perhaps they've grown out of that fixation with only having one game of each broad genre, two at the most.

Also, Hunt: Showdown for Xbox is an exceptionally good defacto timed exclusive via Game Preview and I hope we hear more about it soon.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
This may have already been mentioned, but wasn't there a leak regarding a stipulation on increasing studio size with the acquisition of Obsidian?

I think Obsidian will grow into a AAA developer. They are what I hope will be what BioWare once was to Microsoft. Now they have the funding, they can likely secure the talent already there, and increase the talent pool.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
no I do not. That would mean they would sell more consoles from today than they have the rest of the year. I do not see that. That would also mean they sell 7 million more from Jan-March to hit their forecast. I don't see that. Anecdotally everyone I know that will buy smash has it so I don't think that will be as big of a push as some people think And the Pokemon game isn't a mainline game. I just don't see it outselling the competition like that. I may be wrong and way off, but I don't think it will happen.

The Switch has sold 5 million this fiscal year I believe, they ended their last fiscal year a bit under 18, which means there is a 15 million gap in their forecast which would need to be made up in the span of 6 months starting October. This is an unlikely figure to hit, but it will almost certainly sell more than 10 million through the months of October through March. It will likely sell more than 8 million just through Oct-Dec because of it having 3 large releases and the holiday season. The combination of bundles and large releases should ensure the system will come near its first fiscal year in sales though. I assume next year will be boosted though price drops, Animal Crossing and a revision as well. Feel free to bump this once the holiday is over, we'll know for sure by then.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018

Also, 343i and The Coalition are only notable for continuing IP created by other developers...
This statement is a LOW blow. These developera work their assets off. Old or new IP, the workload is immense and they earn every dollar that they make, they worked even harder to get where they are today. Show a little respect.

Christ on a stick! Fricken gamerz, man..

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I can see the Switch selling about 2+ million units in the US for the holiday. Pokemon Go despite not being mainline is going to sell well so is Smash.

Psrock1

Oct 27, 2017
Im glad MS is trying to compete game wise. But some of you need to calm down about next Gen.

Agent Orange

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
I'm not sure I want to continue to derail the thread but again there is no chance of that happening.

The Switch has sold 5 million this fiscal year I believe, they ended their last fiscal year a bit under 18, which means there is a 15 million gap in their forecast which would need to be made up in the span of 6 months starting October. This is an unlikely figure to hit, but it will almost certainly sell more than 10 million through the months of October through March. It will likely sell more than 8 million just through Oct-Dec because of it having 3 large releases and the holiday season. The combination of bundles and large releases should ensure the system will come near its first fiscal year in sales though. I assume next year will be boosted though price drops, Animal Crossing and a revision as well. Feel free to bump this once the holiday is over, we'll know for sure by then.

I will simply apologize for this thread derailment and move on. Have a good rest of your day.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Phil Spencer made a significant mistake when he turned down Crysis. There are some question marks about how being released for Xbox 360 Day 1 might have hurt the game, but Crysis is a masterpiece and it's the kind of game Spencer should have seen the value in. Instead, he turned the game down and several years later approached Crytek again to have them make a Kinect game, Ryse, which of course was scrapped and rebooted as a third person game. Ryse is pretty good. But Crysis is far better. And what it all is rooted in was Spencer back in 2006 having this "We have Halo, so why do we need genre variety?" mentality that plagued Microsoft during the mid to late 2000s. (They didn't have this problem with the original Xbox where games like Doom 3 and HL2 and Counter Strike and Far Cry were Xbox exclusive by merit of the hardware. They got a lot of free exclusives, basically.)

In the past I've mentioned that MS funding a new Crysis that takes the series to a whole new level would be a fantastic game to woo the PC audience because there's so much residual love for the sandbox combat of the series. But at the time I wasn't aware that Crytek offered Crysis to Microsoft back in the day and Spencer turned it down. I can only hope that MS, and Spencer in particular, are more open minded about games now. Their willingness to buy multiple CRPG studios suggests that perhaps they've grown out of that fixation with only having one game of each broad genre, two at the most.

Also, Hunt: Showdown for Xbox is an exceptionally good defacto timed exclusive via Game Preview and I hope we hear more about it soon.

Lol crysis

At the best it was a good glorified benchmark

It would never sell systems

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol crysis

At the best it was a good glorified benchmark
Crysis is one of the greatest FPS games ever created. What are you talking about? It's mechanically sublime. Crysis 2 is also one of the greatest FPS games ever made, but it took a different road. C2 is more consistent in quality, but it lacks the moments of pure mechanically perfect sandbox excellence of its predecessor.

Microsoft made a huge mistake failing to recognise that Crysis was going to blow every other FPS game out of the water mechanically when it released, and set standards that Ubisoft are still failing to meet in their takes on the formula. They made a similar mistake when they strangled Perfect Dark: Core to death around the same period, failing to understand how brilliant a hybrid of Deus Ex and Perfect Dark design ideas would be.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018
I never had an Xbox, their exclusives were not appealing enough to me, but lately, I'm warming to the idea. I might end grabbing an "Xbox ONE two?" when the time comes if game pass and backward compatibility is still a thing. Or just playing some exclusives on PC if they put them there... and made the shop not suck.

spectrumfox

Oct 27, 2017
California
I never had an Xbox, their exclusives were not appealing enough to me, but lately, I'm warming to the idea. I might end grabbing an "Xbox ONE two?" when the time comes if game pass and backward compatibility is still a thing. Or just playing some exclusives on PC if they put them there... and made the shop not suck.

It's a safe bet backwards compatibility will continue to be a thing, especially if new consoles continue to be based on x86-64 CPUs.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
It will top out at Xbox 360 numbers.

Back in that era they were beasting, they released first and gained a lot of desirable third-party exclusives by doing so, as well as their first-party IPs probably being the best they ever were, all the while Sony had various handicaps on top of that. Having said that it's very likely that they will continue to aim to recalibrate the messaging around what is considered a success, with player engagement and other online service statistics. I highly doubt they will feel the need to provide unit sales as long as they get people hooked on their services and are able to leverage that into good PR.

Of course people always like to know how much hardware sells, because it's actually interesting to know.

Feb 10, 2018
I'm not sure they gonna pass 50 because the only two markets they got are america and england, both markets in which they are outsold by one or both of the competition. I mean we already know the floor for the Xbox Brand is like mid 20's to late 30 millions because that is how much the OG XBox sold so the Xbox one just has to get over the OG hump and its okay for the most part but their peak sales where 360 sales when they could break 100 million against a weak playstion and somewhat weak nintendo( Wii started great but sales fell off a cliff miraculously hard).

I expect all future endevours of Xbox to do around 360 level or lower just because they don't have presence in emerging markets to compete like that.

I would be interested to know what your basing your opinion on, if you look at past npd figures and the sales combined with the rest of the world selling 11million X1's is realistic by middle nov 2020.

But even if they dont,just replace the 50 with 45 and my point still stands.

Last edited:

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018

If this was the stick that developers are measured by. Sony Santa Monica has done one game for three generations

This must be bizzaro timeline.

agree to disagree. Turn 10 has always been playing the catching game, and Pholyphony D. may take years and years, but when their games do come out, they thrumph the competition in what they tackle (driving physics, visuals, online). So yhea, Outdid? Only by outnumbering and diluting most of the accomplishments they had with "guess what year is next year? another forza sequel year that looks so very much the same as last year."
Gran Turismo 4 - 89
Gran Turismo 5 - 84
Gran Turismo 6 - 81
Gran Turismo Sport - 75

Forza Motorsport - 92
Forza Motorsport 2 - 90
Forza Motorsport 3 - 92
Forza Motorsport 4 - 91
Forza Motorsport 5 - 79
Forza Motorsport 6 - 87
Forza Motorsport 7 - 86

Turn 10 has been a better sim developer ever since Microsoft formed the studio. The next best rated racing sims this generation are Project Cars 2 (84), Project Cars (83) and Assetto Corsa: Ultimate Edition (82).

Now, there is no doubt in my mind that their entries last generation would have been better reviewed had they not had premium and standard cars. The entry this generation would have benefited from extra game modes and content at launch seeing it was coming several weeks after both Forza Motorsport 7 and Project Cars 2 had released.

There are things that Polyphony Digital did well and are ahead of the curve when compared to Turn 10 especially with GT Sport.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
This statement is a LOW blow. These developera work their assets off. Old or new IP, the workload is immense and they earn every dollar that they make, they worked even harder to get where they are today. Show a little respect.

Christ on a stick! Fricken gamerz, man..
So you're saying you'd know who 343i or The Coalition was if not for Halo and Gears? They exist because of those IP. I never said they don't work hard or that the games they make are bad, but we're talking about whether or not they are up there with the best of the best.

Also I would argue that 343i and The Coalition's entries in their respective series' aren't even as good as some of the entries that came before. Again, that's not to say they're bad, but if that's the best MS has to offer I just can't say I'm very impressed compared to the competition.

Yeah, MS makes great driving games these days. I'm kind of over the genre personally but it's a feather in their cap for sure.