• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
And, as i said, I don't consider Pokemon to be part of the competition. It is above them. Pokemon has no competitors and no company would be stupid enough to try and compete directly against it. You've never heard anyone say, "hey come come MS or Sony doesn't make a RPG like Pokemon?" There is no such thing as a Pokemon-Killer.

People don't really consider Pokemon in the same conversation as RPGs. They consider Pokemon to be Pokemon.
Not an exclusive, although it's launch exclusive on Xbox, but Ooblets is Pokemon mixed with Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How come Microsoft hasn't bought ResetEra yet? So many video game design experts over here. It's a gold mine!

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man. This thread is fantastic. What do you people who continue to criticize MS want them to do??

All generation it's like, "MS has no games!" , "Need better 1st party output!" , "No exclusives!". So MS puts their money where their mouth is an acquires studios to start spearheading first party games. This translates to, "Studio is dead now!" , "Acquiring 3rd party studios for 1st party is wrong!" , "Waste of time, MS kills studios!"

Lol, seriously. Want do people want them to do?

It is posts like these that I wish there was a like button. Yeah, I don't get it as well. That is all we hear from a lot of folks and now that MS is doing something about these same people are saying they should of "grown the studios". It is like none of the negative people have any business sense at all.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo has niche JRPGs that Westerners mostly don't care for.

Fire Emblem Fates sold million+ in Western countries.

Xenoblade 2 has sold over a million and has charted really well in USA and U.K.

I'm not sure if I would call these franchise niche tbh?

I've read your post on Pokémon but you saying it's so non-niche/a juggernaut that it shouldn't be involved in conversation at all just seems wrong.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be hilarious if this speculated Japanese developer turns out to be Platinum Games.

Isn't Kotaku usually considered not really credible? Granted, this rumor has been going around for awhile now, but still......
Quite the opposite. It coming straight from Schreier's mouth pretty much guarantees it to be legitimate.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
A beloved first party developer with massive hardcore appeal.
SEGA is a way better acquisition than From. You'd have an internationally recognized mascot like Sonic, something for the hardcore JRPG player in SMT and a steady stream of other high quality JRPGS with Atlus. Not to mention an MMO (Phantasy Star Online) and other retro IPs that they can bring back. No doubt that a From acquisition would be great for hardcore players but I'm certain Microsoft is looking at the bigger picture here. Hell, Platinum would be a better pickup than From and is a lot more realistic.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit, wow

that's a good get for MS

next gen is going to be super interesting, MS and Sony couldn't be on more different paths right now in terms of how they approach hardware, software, and features

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
It's a good move. I like a lot of stuff Microsoft has been doing with the Xbox One but the first party lineup is a bit lacking for me.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SEGA is a way better acquisition than From. You'd have an internationally recognized mascot like Sonic, something for the hardcore JRPG player in SMT and a steady stream of other high quality JRPGS with Atlus. Not to mention an MMO (Phantasy Star Online) and other retro IPs that they can bring back. No doubt that a From acquisition would be great for hardcore players but I'm certain Microsoft is looking at the bigger picture here. Hell, Platinum would be a better pickup than From and is a lot more realistic.

Sure buy Sega too I say.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I know, Mojand was never owned by another company when MS bought them. FromSoft is and can't say yes or no by themself since MS have to talk to Kadokawa first.

Kadokawa is a lot bigger than just FromSoft and do more things. Plus, not sure about how FromSoft devs will feel about making games exclusively for the plattform where their games sold the worst.
Money talk, Kadokawa aint worried about regional sales. Invest small and have huge profits.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Give me that New Vegas like (without the jank) Xbox Scarlett game.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be hilarious if this speculated Japanese developer turns out to be Platinum Games.

Quite the opposite. It coming straight from Schreier's mouth pretty much guarantees it to be legitimate.

Platinum Games has already Babylons Fall, Bayonetta 3 and Granblue Fantasy in works. BF and Bayo 3 are probably quite some time away. Bayo 3 is funded by Ninty and Granblue is funded by CyGames. So no, don't think it will happen.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
This is good news if true. Obsidian gets stability and Microsoft gets a good developer that could possibly be even better, if given a little more time to polish their products. With Fable from Playground and another RPG from Obsidian they're suddenly looking very strong in that department.

Many of us complained about their weak first party, especially regarding single player games, but they really put their money where their mouth is. They seem determined to fix things and it's hard to ask for more.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think the internet prepared for Microsoft next gen

I think ERA has gotten used to writing off Xbox and MS thinking they'll just be a Halo / Gears / Forza factory and not much else. It's going to be painful when MS starts announcing epic single player games that they want.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would CDPR want to be bought? They got their own store (GOG) which also recently had the "fuck drm" campaign, the exact opposite of Microsoft. They are doing fantastic.

Okay guys, it's actually Quantic Dream. That 3 game Sony deal is over and its time for MS to shine getting David Cage to replace Peter Molyneux.

Emotions in true 4K. No upscaling shite.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I think Mistwalker will be among the next of Microsoft's acquisitions. AAA Project led by Sakaguchi would be the fucking tits especially with the creative freedom MS seem to be giving their studios.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Microsoft wants to make an easy japanese studio purchase, Mistwalker is in big financial troubles right now with the failure of Terra Battle 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.