• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
SOURCE

the brightened up Dark Souls experience is the result of some edited parameters in how the game draws its locations. In the description of the video, they explain that the process involved removing the game's DrawParam folder and fiddling with some of the RGB values.

Removing the DrawParam folder gives the game a light that's everywhere all the time, even in underground spaces, and it makes for some weird sights if you're familiar with the game already.

pretty neat stuff. Love me some dark souls mods.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't look very good but it's the only way I will ever play Dark Souls lol.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HelplessOffensiveIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Cool to see that Seath is actually pink like in the intro movie, there's just normally such a strong blue filter in the Crystal Caves that you can't tell.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Chasm of the Abyss looking like an old Everquest dungeon. Painted World also looks abysmal, but Royal Wood is not too bad.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Thought he model-swapped monsters and Lovecraftian creatures with cuddly bears and kitties, left disappointed. :/

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
That does not look good. Especially since the enemy models themselves are still just as dark and menacing as before; it looks like you just moved all the Dark Souls models into a different game, lol.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
The thread title made me think there was a lot more work done into the mod than there was.

I was picturing the levels and enemies and stuff being completely re-modeled to make the game seem more zany and light-hearted.

Son I am disappoint.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe they actually made a fully-fledged article about this. It's a cheap throw-away mod to make the game look really bad, good for some giggles. Good for a youtube video.

But that someone sat down and wrote this piece about it is just sad

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
To me Skyrim is the most visually dull game in quite some time. So needless to say this isn't grabbing me. :P

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many details I never noticed before. Like there's a hound powering the lift in Blighttown. And theres so many architechtural details hidden in the dark. Very cool to see this.

Edit: yeah I expected something completely different from the title. Someone should work on wind waker-fying this. Like when someone put Skyward Swords textures in Twilight Princess, that looked pretty good.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
I wouldn't be opposed to a modified color palette because re-running the same areas over and over again can be tiring, but that just looks bad.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I read this title and thought it sounded amazing. Wasn't expecting just max gamma and no shadows. Lame. Looks bad.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damnit I was expecting something like the happy hell place in Diablo 3. This is... much less so.