• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Longtime executive Patrick Söderlund, who spent nearly 20 years working at Electronic Arts in various positions, is leaving the publisher this year, after receiving a $20 million bonus in 2017 that was granted in an attempt to get him to stay. He made $48.3 million last year, according to SEC filings.

"We wish Patrick the very best in his next life adventure, and we thank him for his many significant contributions," EA boss Andrew Wilson said in a letter to employees, also posted on the company's website.

The median salary of an EA employee in fiscal year 2018 (not counting its CEO) was $96,336, according to the company's SEC filings.

The article goes into more detail.

https://kotaku.com/patrick-soderlund-who-made-48-3-million-last-year-le-1828330124

Please give me my $20 million bonus if old.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why does it matter how much he made? Why is that relevant to him leaving? Kotaku stays garbage

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Seemed like a cool dude doing those EA Lriginals presentations.

He got paid at least. Good on him.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It demonstrates another data point for now grossly overpaid executives are. Its obscene.

Then have the article expand on that idea or a seperate one that touches on that, I agree its a joke to have people paid that much to do any job. But they literally just tossed it in for no reason besides clicks.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The bonus is in direct relevance to him leaving as it was given to incentivice him staying with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.