• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Wasn't able to fit the whole tweet to a headline but this is what it said:
Was originally aiming for early summer. Pushed to September. Now November.

Was told there was supposed to be closed test this month but was cancelled due to the state of the build.

It's coming either way tho due to existing government subsidy agreement

Sounds like the game is not coming along together well and like we heard in the past few years that a deal with the Singapore government meant that they have to release the game soon or shutter the studio, so I guess this is the result. Hope it turns out well by launch.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This thing is coming in like a flaming meteor

Dec 11, 2017
"We're releasing this game because of a subsidy agreement, regardless of the state of the game. Preorder Now!"

I wonder if the studio will recover from this.

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy to think how troubled this game is with all of the foundations theoretically being there with Ubisoft's past experience. Even cobbling this together from pre-existing parts seems like something that hasn't happened.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I was so damn excited for this game... now, it's gonna end up being a lasting meme in the end :'(

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Coming in hot as hell then.

How troubled the development of this one was I wouldn't have the highest expectations of it anyway.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, they should have just launched this the same day as COD or God of War. Just completely bury it, lol.

I was wondering why this thing was still coming out, and now it makes more sense.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this game would've been out by now. The first trailer reveal is still the best. PvP black flag naval warfare sounded fun. I was already sold on that. Now I don't even know what the game is going for since it's been delayed so many times.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Crazy to think how troubled this game is with all of the foundations theoretically being there with Ubisoft's past experience. Even cobbling this together from pre-existing parts seems like something that hasn't happened.

It's easy why this sinked (:D) ; they assigned an AAA project to a studio with no AAA experience whatsoever and they were only used as support or for small titles.

It's the same thing that happend with PoP Remake.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Can't wait to see the ship version of this
2732032-289650_screenshots_2014-11-11_00006.jpg

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
What exactly is the deal with this government forced launch thing? Ubi made a deal to have offices there and must produce a game out of them or something?

Oct 27, 2017
It's easy why this sinked; they assigned an AAA project to a studio with no AAA experience whatsoever and they were only used as support or for small titles.

It's the same thing that happend with PoP Remake.
The fact that it's been kicking around for so long though; I would think they'd have reassigned one of their many talented and experienced teams as support or to take over.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
So you're telling me that no matter what state the game is in, they have to release it no matter what. This is going to be Epic Store Exclusive

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It's too bad, I think this is a very compelling concept. Ubi doesn't seem to have the chops for it.

Aug 31, 2019
I haven't really been following this, so maybe it's obvious, but what the fuck is going on? Haven't they been building this for years? Have they not found the fun yet? Is their scope too massive? Is there not a very similar concept game already out?

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
hopefully Ubi can support this like they have done with a lot of their games and they can fix it up after release, cause its gonna be fucked

Garulon

Jul 22, 2020
Can't imagine the excitement of the devs who after toiling along for eight years finally gets to spend night and day on their desks papering over the most serious bugs until October where they get to keep doing that for another year or two with the additional honour of the fanbase screaming at them before the game get's BreakPointed

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Feel sorry for the development team if this is the case, some rough times ahead after years of work. Hope it somehow sticks the landing but I'm not putting money on it.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of these made me just went back to the old site to read all those posts once the game was announced at E3 2017.
So much Sea of Thieves killer...

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TBH, I'm surprised Ubisoft responded to a governmental demand to shit or get off the pot with shitting.