• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
The sad thing about this whole thing is it shows EAs studios actually want to make a good single player game. And yet the leads do not care and cancel them...
Hopefully disney finishes this contract as soon as possible and tries what they did with spiderman for next gen and not contract for a set amount of years and instead contract for 1 game at a time and only with proven developers.
They could do multiple games at the same time as long as they are different. A shooter, a fighter, an action game, an RPG. Anything would be better than what they are doing now lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
They could do multiple games at the same time as long as they are different. A shooter, a fighter, an action game, an RPG. Anything would be better than what they are doing now lol.
You could easily slap the Star Wars IP onto literally any genre you could think of. It's like Mario, but even more versatile. So it's even worse that they still can't figure out a project that's not just Battlefront again.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Great deal!
Spend money to have exclusivity on a brand for 10 years -> output 3 games which 2 are the same multiplayer title.
Does EA likes to waste money?

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Gosh did any party even like the license deal at all at this point? After 5/6 years, all we got are two critically mediocre shooter games.
The fans hate it.
EA is having a hard time to make games, possibly because they need LucasFilm to approve the story, design, etc.
Disney need to involve when BF2 came out to protect SW reputation, so that it doesn't affect their SW plan at their parks.
I mean, Disney close all their console game developers and license both Marvel and SW games to other publishers so that Disney doesn't need to be bothered by the development but still got that money. But I guess they really regret signing the exclusive deal with EA.
Everyone is miserable in this deal.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus tap dancing christ, and to add insult this is the one they shuttered Visceral to "pivot the design" to their liking, they can't even do that.

EA are making Activision look competent with their licensing deals, they've released 2 console games and 1 mobile game so far, how does EA with their resources manage that with Star Wars it prints money no matter what genre you do with the lore.

Looks like EA was feeling lonely this year with Activision and Bethsada hogging all the bad news in 2019 so far.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeeesh...

I wish Disney/Lucasfilm would take the license back from EA and just start doing per project licensing like their doing now for the Marvel games.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disney shouldn't have given exclusive rights to anyone in the first place. I hope they won't do it again when the EA contract expires.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
If Respawns game sells well and is well received, I can see EA going full force into Star Wars until 2023. They don't wanna lose that contract

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
How is it this hard to make a Star Wars game.

It's just EA at the end of the day... They don't seem to be able to deliver a full experience on day 1 without resorting to early access launches masked as full retail products.. Look at Dev interviews with Anthem and half the stuff the community asks it's either gonna be added later or maybe.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Respawns game sells well and is well received, I can see EA going full force into Star Wars until 2023. They don't wanna lose that contract

Yeah and I wouldn't worry about that one getting canceled. They have 455 million reasons to actually utilize Respawn considering they committed that many dollars to acquire them. In-house studios that hadn't met expectations for years are one thing...investments that might cost more than the licensing deal are another lol

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
You could easily slap the Star Wars IP onto literally any genre you could think of. It's like Mario, but even more versatile. So it's even worse that they still can't figure out a project that's not just Battlefront again.
No kidding. I'm glad I'm not invested in Star Wars at all but I feel bad that people who want it can't even get a crappy Ubisoft collectathon clone. Even that would be okay at this point.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there HAS to be some agreement in that exclusively deal that makes EA responsible to release a larger amount of star wars games (regardless of quality), otherwise disney is just fucking up big time, wasting a lot of potential popularity for the IP while they're successfully doing their part with the films.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I never expected anything good from EA, so whatever.

I'll pay attention to Star Wars games when (if ever) the license is on different hands.

Last edited:

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Sad.

regrets.jpg

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Please Disney just take the license from EA and do like marvel. Hand out different games to different developers. EA is garbage and doesn't deserve Star Wars IP

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
Please someone saves this mess.....Disney do like Marvel and give licences to multiple publishers except Ea

Feb 10, 2018
Never even new they were doing a open world star was,
Just thought it was respawns action star wars and Dice doing battlefront.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Can't say I'm surprised, EA is being a joke this generation. I really, really hope they won't get the Star Wars license ever again.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft would've been a so much better choice. I think even Activision would've done better.

Damn EA.

Roven

Nov 2, 2017
I forgot that they're still working on this and thought he was talking about Respawn's game.

Well let's hope that is still coming.

Deleted member 38361

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Good.

...Now get that license off of EA completely and let go of Respawn Entertainment altogheter. With Bungie splitting from Activision...man. Please Respawn, never forget what they have done when they had you guys challenge Battlefield 1 with such dedication you've put in into Titanfall 2. Wouldn't be surprised EA will be faithless in their iteration of a Star Wars game too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29857

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I would buy a FIFA: Star Wars with force, lightsaber action. Heck 'Ultimate Force Team' with
general Grievous goalkeeper pre order bonus = day 0.

It seems the only thing EA is capable of doing lately is making sports games.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
stress of working on an AAA open world pipeline with Disney and EA breathing down your neck sounds like the ninth circle of game development hell. at least some poor souls were spared

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The idea that they haven't made successful Uncharted clone with this license is mindblowing. 1313 was a slam dunk money maker no matter what the ultimate quality would've been. Game stories don't even have to be that good to get gamers interested. A few tired bounty hunter betrayal tropes and and some blasters and the game will be on GOTY lists.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Look more and more that we may get another Lego Star Wars game from TT games based on Episode 7-9 someday

At least they do their games without cancel them and Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens was a great Star Wars game

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean, they have their reasons. It could have been utter shite and having serious development problems.

We nee to wait and see the reasons given for the shutdown (probably bullshit reasons)

*Im not defending EA here. They suck.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
EA studios can only make games as service nowadays. Not sure they have the talent left for anything else.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
uncharted clone, open world GaaS, can't wait for EA to announce Star Wars Battle Royale next. Only to be canceled 2 years later for something that is the hype du jour at that moment.