• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Link.

Last weekend's NeoGAF implosion was upsetting to anyone who enjoyed reading and posting on the influential gaming message board. Fortunately for them, a new option has already emerged.

On Wednesday night a group of former GAF moderators and users launched ResetEra, a clean new message board with sections for discussing video games and other topics ("EtcetEra"). As of Thursday morning they already have more than 7,100 users, according to one moderator. And the site is already full of threads that resemble NeoGAF before last week's implosion.

More at the link.

Last edited:

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you quote the whole article? That's gonna be a no from me dawg...

Just quote a snippet. Hell does this article need any preview at all?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So beautiful, I could cry everytime

gcncontroller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FL
every article i've seen about this goes in on how the situation was and still is (extremely poorly) handled. good. nothing about it was acceptable and it needs to be called out

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Press sneak fucks have revealed us to the world. 4chan comes. Ready the defences!

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
OQ3Ukfr.gif

Hope to see Jason make the leap over with us soon

He's already registered, saw before they sent the first wave of codes out.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Who owns Resetera if there is no single owner? It's quite insane that it setup shop overnight and killed GAF.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Nice article. I'm actually shocked at how many valid users there are already. And there's still a lot more to come. This forum will definitely be just fine :)

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's been an incredibly successful launch, conversation has erupted both on gaming and ecectera, rather than it being a circle jerk I know a lot of outside elements were hoping it would be. Glad to be here!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
He didn't even mention that so far the registrations aren't even really open but just vetted posters are being led in. Once registrations open proper, the number will go up up up

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Good short article on the site, however I don't think you need to be quoting the entire thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.