• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to ItWasMeantToBe19 for noticing this.

From their podcast, which has a whole ton of other topics if you're interested. They talk about Obsidian right after this at the ~1 hour and 1 minute mark: http://podbay.fm/show/1039413502/e/1543478400?autostart=1

What's in the Podcast:

Kotaku Splitscreen Podcast said:
There are oh so many games to play this fall, and you should start with Return of the Obra Dinn, the fantastic puzzler that Kirk and Jason both adore. This week they talk all about that, along with Hitman 2, the Sega Genesis Classics collection, and other games they're playing. Then it's time for the news of the week (37:50) on Red Dead Online, Diablo 4, and The Game Awards rumors, along with some off-topic talk on Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star Is Born.

Comments on Rocksteady:

Jason Schreier: "So, other rumors include what is Rocksteady working on? It feels like due time. It's been 3 years since Arkham Knight. Everyone's assuming that they're going to make an announcement soon. The Game Awards seems like a good time.

Rocksteady is one of those companies where there have been so many rumors. It feels like every week there's a new rumor, and they're all bullshit.

So, I have heard what they're working on. I don't really want to spoil it just for the sake of spoiling it, but every single rumor I've heard just seems to be bullshit.

Like there are Superman rumors and Justice League rumors, and it just feels like those rumors are begetting other rumors. So like people on 4chan are just postings like "Oh, well, I've heard this so many times!", and it just becomes like, accepted lore because if you see like four different iterations of the same Superman rumor, then it's like "Oh, of course they're making Superman."

I mean, the thing I've heard is not Superman at all. I can't 100% definitively say "No, they're not doing a Superman game", but I do not believe it.

I think what we're going to see from them is a game about a group of superheroes, and it will be like a Games as a Service (GaaS) type thing.

I don't think that it's Batman related, but, we'll see, we'll see what they end up doing."

[Nirolak's Note: Jason has previously said it's not Justice League IIRC, and Warner Montreal was making a Suicide Squad game that got canceled, so it's probably not that.]​

Last edited:

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Group of superheroes...hmm...
So that could mean:
Teen Titans
Young Justice
Green Lantern Corps
Legion of Superheroes
Watchmen
I'd be especially hyped for Teen Titans and Young Justice
Either way, can't wait to see it! Rocksteady is one of the best in the biz IMO

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
game about a group of superheroes? not batman? mhm..

I doubt it's Marvel.. they already have Square and [REDACTED] working on hero games.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
At this point if WB doesn't get WB Montreal or one of their other studios on a Superman game, then they're really fucking up. The absolute fervor this has caused should be enough to throw some money at it and see what works. WB likes money, why not just cash in?

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I remember correctly, they were hiring for a multiplayer designer for this title. My bet is that it's obviously a DC universe based title on one of the many iterations of superhero groups they have. Teen Titans, maybe?

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
about a group of superheroes, and it will be like a Games as a Service (GaaS) type thing.

dce.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Oh god they are doing an Aquaman movie Titans tv show tie in =O

They should totally do a TMNT game and name it Beboop

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I really, really hope whatever Rocksteady is cooking shows up at TGA.

If not, all I could ask for is for them to announce on Twitter that they won't be showing anything so I don't get my hopes up :(

Anyways, for me the rumors are pointing more and more to an either Teen Titans game or a Green Lantern Corps game. I'm fine with whatever they choose.

I'm actually fine with whatever Rocksteady decides to do next, just show us something!

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
If I remember correctly, they were hiring for a multiplayer designer for this title. My bet is that it's obviously a DC universe based title on one of the many iterations of superhero groups they have. Teen Titans, maybe?
Most likely.

Teen Titans/Young Justice is the only other superhero group with enough popularity to garner a AAA title. Plus, it allows for great GaaS opportunities.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, does it mean it will be something like Overwatch?
The GaaS part makes me think of multiplayer game.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever it is, I'm there day one. Especially if its a comic book property.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it's a Justice League game with more playable heroes added over the course of the game's life-cycle?

Warner Bros already canceled a Suicide Squad game of this nature from Warner Bros Montreal, so I would be surprised if Rocksteady started one after:

6KlQTVS.png

Such a shame we never got this, I have a lot more faith in WB Montreal than I do in Rocksteady.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
At this point if WB doesn't get WB Montreal or one of their other studios on a Superman game, then they're really fucking up. The absolute fervor this has caused should be enough to throw some money at it and see what works. WB likes money, why not just cash in?

A few thousand forum users screeching about a nonexistant superman game is basis for a tens of millions of dollar investment ?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's justice league then?

We are expecting that. i thought he said in the other thread it's not justice league?

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why people keep believing the Rocksteady Superman rumors. They get debunked every single damn time and yet they keep popping up!

Because sites like N4G allow debunked rumors to hit the front page.

Also because Jason debunking them in replies that don't get plastered on Reddit and Era go unnoticed by publications.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I added a note to the OP to clarify that it's most likely not Justice League or Suicide Squad.

Teen Titans is also my guess, or a new group of superheroes they just threw together and invented.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd take more Batman games, if they wanted to make them. Especially after the last scene of Arkham Knight. That said, I honestely think it would've been a better ending without that weird scene.

Let WB Montreal make a new Batman, then, Arkham Origins was great (albeit technically flawed).