• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
6079179-1562503578-44919.jpg
de-canonized
4685644-11745465_10155797548110321_6830334984888998716_n.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-11-Sonya-Blade-and-Skarlet-2.jpg

RockTiddies

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kotal Kahn and Necali.

Two big bad and intimidating new characters introduced in the latest installments of their series as the top dogs...and then JOB in the most ho-hum ways in the story modes, completely shitting the bed when it comes to the characterization of both characters.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Story wise, ya w/e.

Gameplay and looks, KK is fucking boss.
Dude is the best newcomer in X and just a fucking awesome character to play and watch.
Loved him in X and he looks great in this as well.
ROpXHxo.jpg

He had the panther transformation in his concept art for X, so it's something he was always supposed to have.

My favorite newcomer (and main along with Liu Kang), glad they kept him around for 11.

Wish his fatal blow did something with his sun beams though, not feeling the jar/stone conjuring on top of the sword bit.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Skarlet can turn parts of her body into blood anyways. Who's to say she just reconstructed herself after a period of time after her legs got cut off in the comics.

Also keep in mind the comics are a interquel. They take place after MK9 and run through up until MKX actually starts. This is why Goro while a playable character in MKX has no story involvement in the game because he was essentially dismembered in the comics.

And as it was stated time travel has totally thrown all sense of continuity out the window. Characters that were formerly and completely dead like Shao Kahn are now back. So anyone and everyone from the current and previous timeline is fair game to make an appearance. Case in point current timeline Hanzo Hasashi fighting old timeline Scorpion, or current timeline Evil Netherrealm ruler Liu Kang meeting his younger heroic self.

The two Johnny Cages in the story trailer will make for some excellent comic relief.

We have reached a point that there is potential for anything goes.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Skarlet can turn parts of her body into blood anyways. Who's to say she just reconstructed herself after a period of time after her legs got cut off in the comics.

Also keep in mind the comics are a interquel. They take place after MK9 and run through up until MKX actually starts. This is why Goro while a playable character in MKX has no story involvement in the game because he was essentially dismembered in the comics.

And as it was stated time travel has totally thrown all sense of continuity out the window. Characters that were formerly and completely dead like Shao Kahn are now back. So anyone and everyone from the current and previous timeline is fair game to make an appearance. Case in point current timeline Hanzo Hasashi fighting old timeline Scorpion, or current timeline Evil Netherrealm ruler Liu Kang meeting his younger heroic self.

The two Johnny Cages in the story trailer will make for some excellent comic relief.

We have reached a point that there is potential for anything goes.

This makes me wonder where they go after this game.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Kotal Kahn and Necali.

Two big bad and intimidating new characters introduced in the latest installments of their series as the top dogs...and then JOB in the most ho-hum ways in the story modes, completely shitting the bed when it comes to the characterization of both characters.

So the lesson is don't dress up your supposedly new badass warrior like an Aztec?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So basically, MK: Armageddon 2.

I'm not sure if I even like that idea.

A lot of the returning cast suffered in Armageddon because of movesets being divided across the entire cast. Instead of characters having two fighting styles and a weapon style. It was reduced to one hand to hand and one weapon style. Also because they shoved everyone into the game there was a lot of overlap with movesets.

I think if they were going to do another game with almost all of the returning cast. I think something closer to MK Trilogy rather than Armageddon.

I think if they just sticked to the rosters of MK9 / X / 11 for an "all-the-characters" sort of game should be more than sufficient.

Let's not even bother with forgettable folks like Dairou, Darrius, Hotaru, Drahmin, Moloch, etc.

MK9 was the first time I think MK had an allstar cast of all of the best characters. So do that roster with the new guys from X and 11 and it would ideal.