• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even watch that fight in that gif that's getting quoted. Hilarious that he kept his wife beater on during the fight.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They made 8 million fucking dollars with this shit? Fucking christ.
They are both insufferable douchebags but god damn I've got to give them props on the hustle. I bet the final numbers are much more than that with the merch, ticket sales, ect..

Just literally some dude posting vines turned that into a youtube empire that generates millions, a clothing line that is constantly sold out, and now millions off an amateur boxing match. It's impressive.

I was born in the wrong decade.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
This is pretty much a modern day version of Celebrity Boxing from the 90s/2000s. The only difference is the celebrities are from Youtube/Social Media now. Also reminds me of Sticky Fingaz losing to pro skateboarder Simon Woodstock lol

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
You're right, but I feel like for a guy like KSI who had pretty much a year of training over Logan, that he didn't really impress me

Logan seems like the better athlete, and is just so much bigger

Another 5 months of training and he could overwhelm KSI imo
KSI did look like crap from a technical standpoint, but where I think the extra training probably helped him was in his ability to read punches and dodge as well as just adapt to the fight and change strategy, neither of which Logan was able to do. Even with Logan training to get better endurance, it doesn't make up for experience.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty much a modern day version of Celebrity Boxing from the 90s/2000s. The only difference is the celebrities are from Youtube/Social Media now. Also reminds me of Sticky Fingaz losing to pro skateboarder Simon Woodstock lol

Holy shit @ DMX. Never knew I needed him as a ref till now. Would be hilarious if he reffed the NBA back then.

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, should they? Didn't watch a second of it but they say you had to pay for it on YouTube. Was it supposed to be free on Twitch? Was the YouTube stream different because why would anyone pay for it if it were free on another popular streaming site.
The Twitch streams were illegal. It was only officially streamed on YouTube and the KSI vs Logan Paul website.

Who won? Have both matches ended?

Jake won his match by TKO in the 5th round.

KSI and LP was a majority draw.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The curtain jerker in a UFC event that no one is talking about, in the middle of nowhere, has 1 million times more skill than this whole youtube event combined. There are so many levels to this game

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2 unknown contestants (with general public) fighting for nothing with no boxing skill seems to have gone as expected.

Venom.

Oct 26, 2017
London
lol @ the guy chanting "logan's sleeping" anytime he stops moving for three seconds

That sounded like Keemstar from DramaAlert - he was sitting ringside. Not cool to try and disrupt a fighter when he himself won't fight.

This is gonna end 3-3 to really setup the rematch.

That was either a draw or it goes to KSI by points. Logan just didn't do enough in the latter rounds.

You're all clever people. I think if you exclude the KSI & Logan cheerleaders, this underlines that if you judged on performance you can see that both guys won some & lost some. I say 1&2 Logan. 3&4 KSI. 5 Logan. 6 KSI.

To be honest that was actually entertaining.

I thought so! I paid and it was a good evening's entertainment. It resolved a lot of the internet beef storylines. Great stuff!

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Logan really talked such a big game and as the favorite and having the body type advantage it all goes to make him look even more foolish. So that's a win who are tired of the Paul Brothers. I wonder how he spins this on his next vlog. Pathetic.

Not that I like logan (find him fake), but KSI talked a big game too "he won't be able to touch me".

They are already spinning it! Logan said he should have won, mate be happy with a draw.
Shoutout to Jake: have some class.. trying to sell your brand. Jake was better overall, but mad respect for Deji. He seemed childish initially ('pussy'), but did well enough to gain respect.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
They are both insufferable douchebags but god damn I've got to give them props on the hustle. I bet the final numbers are much more than that with the merch, ticket sales, ect..

Just literally some dude posting vines turned that into a youtube empire that generates millions, a clothing line that is constantly sold out, and now millions off an amateur boxing match. It's impressive.

I was born in the wrong decade.

I try not to have anything sharp in hand when comparing it to my life.

shanafan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ypsilanti, MI
That video is from about six years ago. He apologised for that many years ago and as even deleted many of his older videos as he's said many times that he feels that they don't reflect who he is anymore. In my opinion, I do really think that he has changed as a person, considering that he was about 18/19 when he made the Eurogamer video. He's really nowhere near as edgy as he used to be in around 2011/2012.

Nah, KSI is still that same person. This was from the press conference earlier this month - https://youtu.be/dpVdBxYWJ_I?t=5m8s

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Not that I like logan (find him fake), but KSI talked a big game too "he won't be able to touch me".

They are already spinning it! Logan said he should have won, mate be happy with a draw.
Shoutout to Jake: have some class.. trying to sell your brand. Jake was better overall, but mad respect for Deji. He seemed childish initially ('pussy'), but did well enough to gain respect.

In fairness I don't know enough about KSI or Deji to comment on them besides the creepy shit he would say to women in his awful earlier videos. I did watch some of the lead up/hype videos Logan made before the fight and he just came off like a delusional and pompous dickhead. If this is the "changed" Logan after the suicide forest than I wish he would do another horrendous thing and fade into YouTube oblivion.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, all dances in Fornite are a thing before they get added to the game, but obviously Fornite is huge and could have been what added to the popular spread of something.

I was just wondering if that was the reference, since I assume everyone is big off YouTube and maybe this guy is a streamer.

No... just no.

Oct 25, 2017
I paid 8 quid for the fight and got my moneys worth - I thought it was entertaining! If Logan improved his stamina then he could be in with a fantastic chance to beat JJ.

Daverytimes

Oct 25, 2017
I paid 8 quid for the fight and got my moneys worth - I thought it was entertaining! If Logan improved his stamina then he could be in with a fantastic chance to beat JJ.

Yep, if he had the stamina I think he wouldve won Atleast 4 of the rounds. His energy gave out after the 3rd and it was downhill from there.infact he was a single punch from being knocked out.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Watched the first round and then couldn't take more, so cringe to watch and such a disrespect to the sport.

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
is it really so hard to understand that watching two unexperienced boxers people are familiar with can be just as fun as a good pro fight? The appeal here is that they clearly are not very good, but try to fight "just like the pros" anyway. It's an event

OP
OP
Falcs

Falcs

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Oh wow, this thread actually had a lot of traction in the end. I didn't even watch the fight live because I was asleep lol (I'm from Aus, so I think it started at like 4am for me). Glad some of ya'll had some fun in here. :)
I just watched a replay of both matches. I'm disappointed. Really was hoping to see KSI wallop Logan in the face good. Was nice seeing Jake's face all bloody. I hate that asshole. But now he's ego is going to be even more through the roof. Poor Deji.

So glad I didn't pay for this crap. Haha.