• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the episode began with a group of women who work at xbox game studios on stage, celebrating women's history month, and the theme continued throughout the presentation, with stories and interviews about female developers and women in gaming. very refreshing to see a video game presentation where women have such a strong presence, and i hope we see more presentations and shows like this in the future.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
That segment talking about Walden and empowering women in game dev was great, game is on my radar now.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That was trully awesome

Specially because watching games with an english voice gave me HUGE cybernet flashbacks

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This inside Xbox was great in terms of pacing and personalities. Everyone there should be the main hosts going forward.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was great indeed. But the moderation was a bit too cringey :D
Does it feel like this at times?

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Tina was a great addition to the show. She used to do that stuff full time on G4TV. Has enthusiasm without the cringe. Hope having her there isn't a one time deal.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Yep this was wonderful to see and the pacing was on point this time. Just do this every month!

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I liked this. As much as I like Major Nelson, the all-women cast was a huge breath if fresh air, and it was enjoyable. Especially seeing Tina since following her all the way from her G4TV.com days.

Last edited:

WastedDeer

Oct 27, 2017
This inside Xbox was great in terms of pacing and personalities. Everyone there should be the main hosts going forward.

It was great but a mix as before was also good and should be the blueprint going forward. Pacing was the main improvement and it was awesome to see all the things Microsoft are doing to be inclusive.

Edit - think I understand your point and agree that the new woman (not sure name) should join the crew. She was really good.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I thought it was great! Unfortunately I tabbed over to the Mixer stream for a moment and got a glimpse of the chat, and it was absolutely disgusting. Every bullshit thing you could say about a woman was included, way down to "get back to the kitchen". What the fuck is wrong with so many people?

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I agree, it was great seeing the ladies put on a show. They should be the main hosts from now on, it finally felt like a show I could get through.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was great! Unfortunately I tabbed over to the Mixer stream for a moment and got a glimpse of the chat, and it was absolutely disgusting. Every bullshit thing you could say about a woman was included, way down to "get back to the kitchen". What the fuck is wrong with so many people?
The male ego, specifically the male gamer ego, is a toxic wasteland, my friend. I imagine most of the people who say that type of shit have a Jesus beard, bags under their eyes, and a bag of potato chips close by.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
youtube chat was the same for the brief moment i looked during the segment about walden, with the comments you would expect. it's ok tho, cuz those people just have to eat shit and get used to it, as long as companies don't cater to their ignorance.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Yep, thumbs up from here!

I had Twitch chat closed through-out the stream and it's probably a good thing I did since I can guess the comments that may have been made.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: inappropriate objectification
Was great, I pray they become the regular hosts instead of Major Nelson and the others. Thought the presenter with the thick thighs was gorgeous, loved her energy.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, kudos to MS for doing it, it was neat.

Can't say I agree about the other praise for the show though, I'm not a fan of the fake PR energy of these things and prefer the calmness of a Nintendo Direct or Phil Spencer on stage tone. Certainly not a knock against the presenters present though, just how the show goes even with Major Nelson there or those Sony pre-E3 panels.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
I loved everyone, despite the ultrahype mode of presenting. Microsoft does a lot of neat things in tech and game preservation, which makes me wish they'd take a more calm and informative manner of presentation. Something like how Nintendo does their stuff. Or a Digital Foundry-esque roundtable thing.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the newest Inside Xbox right now and while Mjr Nelson is obviously missed, it's so much better without weird-eye guy... That and Julia and co. are better hosts. Just keep these three, toss in Nelson and this would be perfect going forward.