• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
https://news.kuwaittimes.net/website/kuwait-records-worlds-highest-temperature/

summer.jpg

KUWAIT: Kuwait registered the highest temperature in the world on Saturday – 52.2 degrees Celsius in the shade

Oh it gets better

Temperatures are expected to reach 50 degree Celsius today and 51 tomorrow.

This was Saturday, and sure enough, the temperature reached 51°C today, proof from my friend's car

iDrYSit.jpg

I'm tired of assholes saying, "Kuwaiti are lazy and they never leave their house" I have a headache from walking for 10 minutes in the sun today, It's just not realistic to be out during this time of the year.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'd be hiding in my basement all day and/or blasting the AC while worrying about it dying because of the overconsumption of power everywhere by people with the same idea.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap. I was in Bangladesh several years back when it was like 40+ degrees, the hottest it had been in some time. It was ridiculous. I couldn't even imagine 52 degrees. My lord.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Soon we'll have the reverse of those 'boiling water thrown in the air, comes back as snow'-video's from the artics: Ice cubes thrown in the air come back as water in the Middle-east.

Man, must be hell to experience these temperatures. I've had 42 degrees and up while traveling in Portugal and it felt like a smack in the head, draining all energy out of you.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
And FIFA wants the World Cup to be played a few doors down in Qatar. How much of a swing are we looking at for winter temperatures in the region?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I would fight the sun.....because i would be delirious from heat stroke

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
And FIFA wants the World Cup to be played a few doors down in Qatar. How much of a swing are we looking at for winter temperatures in the region?
Aren't they doing floating ACs or something. I remember seeing some designs for how they were suppose to cool the stadium and it looked like some jetson shit

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
I can't stand heat and would even live in weather that's constantly around 30 degress fahrenheit. I really hope you're okay and everyone else there.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
That is horrendous. Yeah most people in northern continents don't even know how powerful the sun can feel just going outside. I'm by the equator right now and going out in the sun for 20 minutes around midday and doing errands feels innocent enough but I had to go to the ER later in the day for dehydration. It happens so quickly, people way underestimate how hot things are today compared to 10-20 years ago even.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Been pretty close to that in Yuma AZ out on the dunes in peak summer. You're sweat gets evaporated so quickly you don't even know you are sweating and then you are dehydrated before you know it. It's extremely dangerous. Seen a few heat exhaustion and dehydration incidences.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how hot would it have to be on average for climate migration to start

Like, at what point is it just too much

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
You feel every degree above 100. I can't imagine anything above 110. That seems like some shit from another world.