• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't they doing floating ACs or something. I remember seeing some designs for how they were suppose to cool the stadium and it looked like some jetson shit

I've seen some of the plans they were thinking up, but I'd don't recall floating AC units. Wouldn't surprise me that they thought of it though.

Freezing or below freezing in December/January

So much better as I personally would rather play near the single digit range than boil alive lol.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That's a hard nope from me. My comfort zone tops out at 30. (Never underestimate what high humidity does at that temperature. It can feel like 38.)

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I was in 113 degree weather in Tulsa years ago...for a few minutes and felt like death was coming for me.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
The summer in germany last year was allready hell on earth for and me and we "only" reached ~37°C here. I can't even imagine what 50°C are like.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
Do you really think a population of almost 4m live without an AC being able to work indoors lol? Especially when the climate is like this for the next few months?
no no, I am just curious, because for example my AC unit can't even keep up where I live and its like 85. I can't imagine it being 125 and it even putting up a fight.

OP
OP
Brhoom

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Oct 25, 2017
Makes me think of a news story I saw recently that parts of the Middle East and SE Asia could be uninhabitable in a few decades.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm struggling with anything above 30 and you're telling me they have 20 degrees on top of that?

I might have to look into moving north. Sweden might be great!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
no no, I am just curious, because for example my AC unit can't even keep up where I live and its like 85. I can't imagine it being 125 and it even putting up a fight.

Well generally AC work based on room size and how cool the AC is. ACs are not one size fits all

So as long as you get the right AC for the right size of room you are fine

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
count me as one American who hasn't heard this one.

thank you.

every 10 degrees above 100 feels like another hundred.
oh i just looked and it's going to be the first 99F of the year today. hooray.

I can't imagine 126.

July 2011 it hit 108 in Newark and 105 where I was. Unadjusted temp, 105 in New Jersey. I was working as a lifeguard at the time as well. Entire day felt like a sauna.

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
Cases like this i think Farenheit is a better measurement. 50 doesn't seem that bad, 122 of anything is crazy
Isn't this one of the major defenses for Fahrenheit? I think I remember reading somewhere that while Celsius is the absolute best for scientific measurement, Fahrenheit is primarily used because it's a more accurate scale of how humans feel the change in temperature. I may be 1000% off but I could have sworn that's what I read a while back.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I've been in 40c temperatures only a few times and each one of them is awful. As soon a second you get outside you immediately think "this is fucking wrong, I need to get back inside" even spending a few minutes outside in such weather is extremely taxing. +50c is a hellscape from which man must be forbidden.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
Well generally AC work based on room size and how cool the AC is. ACs are not one size fits all

So as long as you get the right AC for the right size of room you are fine
I feel like individual room AC units would make electric go up so much per month, but I have no idea, always grew up with central air so some rooms just don't get as good ventilation.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Love how the solution to make this heat bearable makes it much much worse in the long term.

Very cool.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Damn these poor souls.

Winter ftw

Quebec-Fairmont-Hotel-Orbitz.jpg

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
And I complain about 36°C. This is even worse.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not the highest recorded temp, that goes to Libya with 136F/58C. That record is someone disputed, but even death valley has been hotter than Kuwait.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I basically tap out at ~30C/~90F (86F if you really care about the C->F conversion), especially if there's any humidity. This is why I keep moving more and more North.

Had a teacher in Middle School tell us when the heat was screwed up "You can always put more on, but you can only take so much off." Though in that sort of heat you're probably better off having a layer on since your body temp will be lower than the outside temp.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Hottest I've ever experienced was 110F during the "Heat Dome" of 2011 in Arkansas.

The wind was blowing and it felt like a hot hair dryer. You couldn't drive with the windows down because the added wind would hurt your face.

Supposedly A/C units are only meant to cool the air about 20 degrees F as well...

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
I know for a fact that we experienced a few 125f+ days in Afghanistan. Our TOC weather station was pretty darn accurate too.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot imagine this, I am ceasing to function at 35 C plus.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Holy crap. I was in Bangladesh several years back when it was like 40+ degrees, the hottest it had been in some time. It was ridiculous. I couldn't even imagine 52 degrees. My lord.
December/January is the best time to visit Bangladesh. I had a great time this January.

As for Kuwait, what do you guys do, blast the AC continuously? There's gotta be a way to design houses to circulate air and reflect maximum amount of sunlight. I'm surprised the cars run in that heat.