• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's the right time and place to make a joke out of this news. I saw some of my social media friends did exactly that. :/

RIP.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Fell asleep before I could properly source, my bad.

Sounds like the list was BS anyway so.

Last edited:

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
what bizarre news to wake up to. of all the things that could have happened in the world, something like this never even crossed my mind

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd just been seeing tweets show up I my feed that I had to use auto-translate on. Hear the news in English, this is horrific! What could possibly be the motivation?

Maybe he was upset how one of his favourite animes turned out. I'm not making a joke here because when I saw this news I thought back to the creator of Evangelion receiving mass death threats in a time before social media was a thing. Sometimes people can get really passionate in a fandom.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Maybe he was upset how one of his favourite animes turned out. I'm not making a joke here because when I saw this news I thought back to the creator of Evangelion receiving mass death threats in a time before social media was a thing. Sometimes people can get really passionate in a fandom.

would appreciate if we didn't blindly speculate on this, thanks

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Christ, this is something horrible to read about. This would have been ridiculously underserved and that malice behind this is unreal. RIP to those poor people, just doing their job to get by in life.

Oct 27, 2017
Just how evil of a person can you be to burn down and kill so many of your former comrades just because you felt "ripped off"? Pathetic.

Kyoto Animations is a great place to work at that treats people well and I doubt they judged him as unfairly if at all. This human waste of a guy has a special place in the darkest places in hell.

Waking up to hear this horrible news have made me angry, sad and broken.

Edit: I was wrong about him working there. Someone falsely reported that and me not understanding Japanese believed that.

Last edited:

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
tbh sound like a generic reactio. no doubt all kyoani project will suspended indefinitely until they stable

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Just how evil of a person can you be to burn down and kill so many of your former comrades just because you felt "ripped off"? Pathetic.

Kyoto Animations is a great place to work at that treats people well and I doubt they judged him as unfairly if at all. This human waste of a guy has a special place in the darkest places in hell.

the culprit was not affiliated with Kyoani

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
AP now reporting at least 20 presumed dead. RIP. Seems like casualty figures keep rising.

Last edited:

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, but why did anybody issue any statements like that while they were still pulling out bodies? (NB: I know nothing about contemporary anime production)
If I'm reading it correctly, they were already supposed to be making an announcement about the movie on Friday, and It's now getting to the end of the work day on Thursday in Japan. Since they clearly can't make the announcement they had planned, kind of have no choice but to make that statement letting people know that the thing that was supposed to happen tomorrow isn't happening.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Wait, what's the story about the suspect?

Also fuck that guy. Evil evil person.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
the Free! 2020 film project has been suspended indefinitely

No. It hasn't. The tweet just says that the upcoming announcement about the movie tomorrow is delayed indefinitely. This is pre-emptive because when such tragedies happen and are still in the news they don't want to market and promote stuff. Sends mixed messages.

zeroshiki

Oct 26, 2017
MBS News reporting that the suspect is "not an employee and was never employed previously" by KyoAni.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
You seriously have to be mentally ill to do something like this. RIP to the victims.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck, those 3rd floor people are extremely most likely dead. The fire looked so fucking bad, it legit burnt through the walls. And this being an animation studio probably made the fire burn faster. We can only hope they died painlessly.

Jesus fucking Christ. Burn injuries are no joke either, single most painful injury I've ever had and I still haven't recovered. The victims are going to need aid, both emotional and financial. Plus it takes years to recover. Years. What a fucking tragedy. A legitimate horrifying tragedy.

Oct 31, 2017
Fuck fuck fuck FUCK!
This might be even worse than the sarin gas attack in 1995.

This is some devastating news... I truly hope the best for everyone.

I'm crying reading this news.
They've confirmed at least 12 dead so far but in 2016 in Sagamihara a deranged man went into a nursing home and stabbed to death 19 elderly patients. The Sarin gas attack killed 12 and another indirectly.

EDIT: zeroshiki said 10+ unconscious on the floor. Typically that means dead and they can't confirm a death by Japanese law until a doctor officially examines the body and declares them deceased. So that number will grow.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
The saddest day ever for the anime industry.

this studio created life-time memories for millions of people around the world.

this is beyond horrible.