• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lime

Banned for use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if all the overworked and exploited people who crunched for months if not years under terrible management will see a penny from these very impressive sales.

I guess the take-away is that the LA Noire brand is at least somewhat strong and there is an interest in detective games set in the US 40's?

Too bad Team Bondi is dead..

I'm certainly not given the way that management and the leads treated their employees.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I really want a LA Noire 2 .... and a Rockstar Presents Table Tennis sequel/remaster.

Both were incredible games. I feel like LA Noire could be even better with a great foundation it had.

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
I'm surprised, considering how underwhelming it was. Loved the concept though and think a sequel could've been great.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time with it so I think it's deserved. What isn't deserved is how the development team was treated.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Sucks that so much exploitative management happened behind the scenes for making this game. That's never quite justified but at least the game is something truly special and I recommend anyone who hasn't played it yet to do so. It's often ridiculed for bad writing I feel like, but I consider it quite underrated in that regard. Now's a perfect time to get back in, and hopefully it will sell well and inspire other developers to do games with similar motifs.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
I remember being low key annoyed with how much of the game took place in the daytime, it didn't feel very noir :p

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but didn't SONY make a deal that they would give this IP to Take-Two in return for Rockstar developing Agent exclusive to PlayStation?

That aside, I remember reading about the scummy things that happened behind the scenes during development of this game.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Loved this game, yes it had it's flaws, but I guess it was more about the potential to me. Would love to see a sequel based on a 60's-70's rainy New York noir, with a tasty serial killer storyline.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Rockstar brand is extraordinarily powerful, can't say I enjoyed it though. Never have I been more bored while playing a video game.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember it being marketed as a Rockstar game and it had a quite good marketing campaign. Fooled me, too!

It is so good in concept, in fact, that I'm actually considering giving it another go on the Switch...

Need to talk some sense into myself, I know very well the game left much to be desired in its execution

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In a world where GTA IV is a thing LA Noire is by far my least favourite Rockstar Game (I'm aware it's by Team Bondi). It's a slog for the entire time, boring as hell.

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
Man, LA Noire is one of those games that should have been great. I will never stop loving Cole Phelps screaming in people's faces, only to follow it up with 'sometimes you gotta shake the tree to see what falls out'. Hopefully it can get a sequel not made in a horrible work environment, that fulfils its potential.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow I didnt hear about Bondi having bad management. I feel bad because all this time I thought it was a labor of love and dedication. I hope that despite the terible conditions that the devs were proud of what they made.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I remember there was talk when it released that it sold so well because people thought it was like GTA.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Last I heard it was at 5 million. I'd like to see an internally developed sequel. Perhaps in a new place and time period. There's some unrealized potential there. I could easily see them doing to the IP what they they to Red Dead.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
That's crazy. It was one of the most interesting games last generation and I really enjoyed it. Will definitely get the remaster because I've never played the DLC cases.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
And yet some people to this day still try to label the game as a commercial failure.

I hope there's a sequel in the works. With numbers like that for a new IP, there ought to be.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
goddamn . everything from r* sells like hotcakes. i mean these gigantic sales and theyre still less than a 10th of their other game .

qtamir1

Oct 28, 2017
My favourite game of all time, no matter what someone will say to me...
My wish is that Rockstar will release some kind of sequel to the brand after RDR2...
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LA Noire 2 made by Rockstar from start to finish could've been great. I will buy the PS4 remaster, but once it's dropped in price, because I only didn't play the DLC cases.

goddamn . everything from r* sells like hotcakes. i mean these gigantic sales and theyre still less than a 10th of their other game .

LA Noire wasn't as huge hit as this number might suggest. The game was in development for too long and it had very expensive mocap. Plus it's been on many huge sales and especially the PC folks had many opportunites to get it for next to nothing.

Last edited:

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Still under performed apparently due to rising costs of development hell. Shame, really refreshing and fun game to play that really transported you into the 40's.