• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Depends on what you're into. The beach is right there, it's ridiculous how close it is to downtown. People have brought up the Getty, well there's something called The Getty Villa right off PCH. Great views of the ocean, beautiful spot to walk around and soak it all in and you can hit their main campus(it's the size of a moderate theme park, I don't know what to call it) if you're into that sort of thing on the way back. For my money I like smaller, well curated museums.

To be honest, I would get a car and drive around California rather than stick to LA. It's just not like NYC or something, nowhere close. But if you're willing to drive, there's San Diego, the desert, Yosemite, places that you'll remember for the rest of your life.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Hit up LA Brea Tar Pits natural history museum in the morning, then Petersen automotive museum in the afternoon (very close to each other). Then head over to Farmer's market on 3rd and Fairfax for din din. That's a good day.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Museums!

Museum of Death, the Broad, LACMA, The Bearded Lady's Mystic Museum, the Museum of Jurassic Technology.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Depends on what you're into. The beach is right there, it's ridiculous how close it is to downtown. People have brought up the Getty, well there's something called The Getty Villa right off PCH. Great views of the ocean, beautiful spot to walk around and soak it all in and you can hit their main campus(it's the size of a moderate theme park, I don't know what to call it) if you're into that sort of thing on the way back. For my money I like smaller, well curated museums.

To be honest, I would get a car and drive around California rather than stick to LA. It's just not like NYC or something, nowhere close. But if you're willing to drive, there's San Diego, the desert, Yosemite, places that you'll remember for the rest of your life.

I dunno, depends how long he's staying, driving in LA is the worst. Like you said, the beach is pretty close to downtown but getting to it takes forever sitting in traffic at all hours of the day.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
My friend who works in the museum business recommends the Museum of Jurassic Technology very highly

Arts District is the best brewery i've been to in DTLA

There was a decent barcade within walking distance of Arts district / little tokyo but i can't remember the name.

Oct 25, 2017
Take the Red Line to MacArthur Park middle of the day and go to Langer's and have a pastrami sandwich that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.