• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'd love Taika's take on the God Butcher. Start out as a comedy that ends with tragic but still funny pathos at the end

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Skip Godbomb, have Thor fight Roxxon, their constant pollution and war mongering, and their CEO who's secretly a minotaur. It's ridiculous enough to work.

And then have Stormbreaker be lost in space at some point in the movie, only for the post-credits scene involve Bill finding it and gaining the powers of Thor, setting up Thor 5 where Thor has to fight Beta Ray Bill before teaming up.

Oct 25, 2017
Have a cosmic Marvel movie called Asgardians of the Galaxy that doesn't really follow the recent comic of the same name, but features Thor and the Guardians and is a creative collab between Gunn and Waititi.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Ragnarok is easily the best MCU movie, so I would be all for it.

Have a cosmic Marvel movie called Asgardians of the Galaxy that doesn't really follow the recent comic of the same name, but features Thor and the Guardians and is a creative collab between Gunn and Waititi.
That would be a very tonally inconsistent movie. Waititi and Gunn don't have the same style of comedy nor do they really make the same type of movie.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I need Hulk again. I need Korg. I need Rocket. I need Beta Ray Bill.

Also I guess Sif is out there somewhere. Maybe Taika could reinvent her.

Last edited:

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising, they finally made a good Thor movie. They weren't going to just go "alright, we finally got one. End it."

Still though, I can't wait.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They finally cracked the code for making a fun, watchable Thor movie, so yeah, go for it.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of superhero movies at all, but I really enjoyed Thor Ragnarok, with (hopefully) Waititi on board it should be just as much fun as that one.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
As long as Taika's doing it. Preferably with Tessa Thompson and Brie Larson both in the cast.
Chris Hemsworth really shines in comedy roles, so it's nice to see Marvel finally embracing that.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Get Taika back, lean even harder into the comedy (its Hemworth's strongest suit) and focus on making Thor the new centre of the MCU post Endgame.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
So Thor survives Endgame then?

It would be pretty crazy for Thor to reach four movies compared to Cap and Iron Man.
It is crazy but also Iron Man has had a starring role in Civil War and Spider-Man so he still feels like he's gotten more.

Cap has also been in a movie every year so even if it's a tiny cameo I still feel like I've seen more of him.

The two also feel like they have larger roles in the first two Avengers.

Plus Thor has only just got good and I'd love to see Taika do more work on the MCU.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If true i'd be surprised hemsworth would be down for another thor movie, he's been at this about as long as RDJ and evans

Not that surprising. No offense to Hemsworth but unless Men in Black is such a success that he gets multiple movies out of it, he isn't going to get as much consistent work as Downey Jr and Evans once he leaves the MCU. So sticking around is in his best interest for now.

Plus they finally got Thor right and he's having fun, so why not keep going? He's clearly enjoying himself more now than he did before and reinventing the character is enough to keep his interest.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, as someone who rewatched the first two Thor movies on a whim yesterday (Well more accurately I just finished Thor 2), it cannot be understated how much better Ragnarok is, really would be a travesty to not get at least one more movie like that

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I feel pretty confident in saying Ragnarok is the best MCU movie.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fuck yes they should.

They have the tech to make folks younger, so making Hemsworth older too wouldn't be too difficult. Plus having three Thors running around is exactly the kind of stupid situation Taika could have a lot of fun with.

So torn. Yes, Taika could have a ton of fun with that concept... but it's such a good fucking arc as it is. Like probably the best arc in comics of the past decade. As much as I love Ragnarok, part of me will always be bummed that we'll never get a serious adaptation of that concept. Watching that play out again would be a bummer.

I mean, they just gotta do Beta Ray Bill - it's destiny.

If I had one other wish it'd be for The Grandmaster to return as a kind of un-villain. He thinks the story's all about him and that he's the big bad, but is really just ineffectual and hangs out a lot and eats tacos.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I mean, they just gotta do Beta Ray Bill - it's destiny.

If I had one other wish it'd be for The Grandmaster to return as a kind of un-villain. He thinks the story's all about him and that he's the big bad, but is really just ineffectual and hangs out a lot and eats tacos.

Oh yes - please roll The Grandmaster into the crew. What a good idea

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
So whats the theory at the moment

In infinity war Thor said Thanos only killed half his people. So I assume they fled with Valkyrie and Korg?

But how and where? In escape pods or something? I wish they had addressed this and gave the survivors some screen time

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So whats the theory at the moment

In infinity war Thor said Thanos only killed half his people. So I assume they fled with Valkyrie and Korg?

But how and where? In escape pods or something? I wish they had addressed this and gave the survivors some screen time

Valkyrie led the survivors into escape pods/ships and fled. This was a scene in the script and I believe it was actually filmed but was cut in editing in favor of having the movie open in the aftermath of the destruction, which I think is more effective.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Valkyrie led the survivors into escape pods/ships and fled. This was a scene in the script and I believe it was actually filmed but was cut in editing in favor of having the movie open in the aftermath of the destruction, which I think is more effective.

Gotcha! Good stuff

I assume they fled to earth like originally planned?